Is Biktarvy covered by insurance?
Most commercial and government health insurance plans in the U.S. cover some portion of the cost for Biktarvy. Typically a person taking Biktarvy pays between $0 and $9 per month.
Your cost will depend on your insurance plan, formulary, the state you live in, and any deductibles or copays you may have. You may be able to access financial assistance through the manufacturer of this drug.
- Commercial insurance: If you have commercial or employer-sponsored coverage, your monthly cost will typically range between $0 and $5 per month. Call your insurance carrier to determine if Biktarvy is covered on your plan.
- Medicare: Medicare, a government medical insurance plan for people 65 years and older in the U.S., will help you pay for the cost of Biktarvy. Typically a person with Medicare pays between $0 and $5 per month.
- Medicaid: Medicaid also pays for Biktarvy. Medicaid is a U.S. government-run health insurance program that provides medical assistance for low-income individuals and families. Typically a person taking Biktarvy pays between $4 and $9 per month.
Gilead Sciences also offers the Gilead Advancing Access financial support program to help you afford your medicine. They may be able to assist you if you are insured, underinsured, or have no insurance. If eligible, Advancing Access may be able to help you lower your copay to as little as $0.
Gilead also offers support to you and your physician if your Biktarvy prescription coverage is denied by your insurance plan.
Patients enrolled in Medicare Part D and Medicaid, including patients in the Medicare Part D "donut hole”, are not eligible for the Gilead copay coupon.
For more information, contact Gilead Sciences at:
- GileadAdvancingAccess.com, or
- call 1-800-226-2056 M–F, 9am–8pm ET
This is not all the information you need to know about Biktarvy (bictegravir, emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide) for safe and effective use and does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your treatment. Review the full Biktarvy information here, and discuss this information and any questions you have with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Biktarvy.com. Biktarvy Cost Support. Accessed July 31, 2021 at https://www.biktarvy.com/biktarvy-cost-support
- Gilead Price Information. Accessed July 31, 2021 at https://www.gileadpriceinfo.com/biktarvy
- Biktarvy [package insert]. Foster City, CA. Gilead sciences. 5/2021. Accessed July 31, 2021 at https://www.gilead.com/~/media/files/pdfs/medicines/hiv/biktarvy/biktarvy_pi.pdf
- Biktarvy. Important Facts. Gilead.com. Accessed July 31, 2021 at https://services.gileadhiv.com/content/pdf/BIKTARVY/Important_Facts.pdf
Related medical questions
- Which medicines should not be taken with Biktarvy?
- Can Biktarvy be used for PrEP or PEP?
- Does Biktarvy cause weight gain?
- Who are the actors in the Biktarvy commercials?
- What is Biktarvy used for?
- Is Biktarvy an immunosuppressant?
- What if I miss a dose of Biktarvy?
- How fast or how long does it take Biktarvy to work?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking Biktarvy?
- What is the difference between Biktarvy and Descovy?
- Can you crush Biktarvy tablets?