User Reviews for Biktarvy

HIV Infection
7.1

Summary of Biktarvy reviews 7.1 25 reviews

Reviews for Biktarvy

For HIV Infection "Recently changed to Biktarvy from Genvoya. And have noticed immediate improvement in fatigue and concentration. Improved appetite and more energy. Only on it 4 days but so far so good."

Hope (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For HIV Infection "Doc switched me from Sustiva/Epzicom to Biktarvy. This is my third switch to one-pill-a-day regimen. First time was Atripla. Threw up constantly. Went off after three days. Then Triumeq — inflamed by peripheral neuropathy. Quit after three weeks. Now on Biktarvy. It’s been tough. The worst side effect is feeling a need to burp and I can’t. Very uncomfortable."

Goliath53 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2019

For HIV Infection "Was diagnosed in Oct 2018. CD4 was 0 viral load unknown. One month after taking it viral load was 67,700 CD4 was 50. Two months after starting it viral load 25 (undetectable) and CD4 283. No side effects at all. I haven't felt this well in years."

Babygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For HIV Infection "Side effects of painful rash, red, nauseous, depression and aching bones. Maybe it work for someone else."

Dotty (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed 4 years ago and immediately began taking isentress and truvada it took years for me to tolerate those drugs. Their effect on my body was terrible the smell from my urine and feces was awful. The aches and pains from the isentress was the worst. I had difficulty even moving around from the pain. My doctor prescribed Byktarvy when I began taking it I had mild headaches some nausea and a lot of gas but the symptoms subsided the smell from my urine and feces disappeared and every bit of joint pain disappeared as well. It was amazing even better my viral load in 30 days went from 250 to 101. I feel stronger less phlegm in my chest I'm not as tired as I was on truvada and isentress. Bottom line is this drug blows away my prior treatment and I highly recommend it. One thing for sure in order for these meds to properly work you CANNOT have diahrrea! That interferes with the meds being absorbed by your body that must be controlled and continuing unsafe receptive sex can causes diahrrea"

Undetectable (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For HIV Infection "It is incredible how quickly my viral load went down to 53 which is clearly near undetectable. I got my first blood test 2 weeks after I started and we are all amazed.. my cd4 went from 97 to 153. I had two nausea moments at the grocery store at the beginning but it has stopped. I feel less shame taking only a tiny cute pill a day . I actually take more supplements pills! Green tea and Selenium. I found it could help with the immune system. I also took probiotics for a kick when I was with very low cd4. My doctor was worried I catch all sort of deadly diseases and now she only wants to see me in three months ! It took 2 weeks to achieved what would take more time with older treatments. Very happy !! Also I had candidasis on my tongue. They are fungus. The Nystatin they prescribed didn't work. So I bought 2 essential oils. Clove and Tea tree mixed with some coco oil. Within a week fungus was all gone! Along with Biktarvy I am healing fast. Science moved forward in 2019!"

Fred (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For HIV Infection "I was newly diagnosed in November of 2018 however I was infected in early mid 2017. My viral load was 7086 and within a month of being on it, I went undetectable! Slight nausea in the beginning but everything is good now!!!"

Lakaydon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2019

For HIV Infection "Just started Biktarvy my viral load was very high, Dr recommended Biktarvy . I’ve experienced severe nausea, muscle aches, and I’ve been very tired. This is only the 4th day so I’ll give it a month to see if the side effects get better. I like how the pill is smaller than trizivir and you can take it on an empty stomach. I’ll give it a chance."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For HIV Infection "Just started and it is going to be a month in 5 days. This is the worst anti viral pill I have ever been on. I was on tiscavy and descovy. I have the worst stomach pain and nausea as well as night terrors to the point that my husband wakes me up. We are not lab rats to experiment on I’m so mad...been hiv+ going on 8 yrs"

Mad as hell January 2, 2019

For HIV Infection "Newly diagnosed and started Biktarvy less than a month a go and have reached undetectable levels already. No side effects for me other than some swelling of the feet in the first few days of taking it. Otherwise I am very happy with this med."

Bobcat (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For HIV Infection "The good news is that Biktarvy knocked this into immediate recession AND it got me off Sustiva. The odd things I discovered were twofold. Immediately after starting Bkty I noticed a distinct, totally new, body odor! In the desert we almost never even wear deodorant so this anomaly was a huge surprise. Unpleasant is a good word. Rank would be another and not an odor that MY body had ever produced before. Deodorant was minimally effective. Good news: it seems to have passed out of my in under 3 months and all back to normal. Second issue, not so easily resolved: Extreme dry eye and mouth. To the point of eye infections, eyelash infections, etc. I'm on two different oral rinses all day and now addicted to eye drops. These interactions started exactly what I started Bktvy I'll be curious to see If others report any of these effects."

Covewiz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For HIV Infection "Been taking for a month, no side effets other than possible dry mouth at time. Went from 33,400 count to undetectable in 13days. Newly diagnosed."

Ed (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For HIV Infection "Was previously on stribild which worked great. No problems at all. Doc switched me to biktarvy. Supposedly not as harsh on liver/stomach/bones etc. First week I felt lethargic. Still able to function and work. After the first week things have been great. No side effects. No night terrors. Weird thing is...I had bizarre dreams and nightmares waaaay before I was positive. Seems to be working well with my body. Been on it about 3 months now. Best health!"

Hugh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For HIV Infection "so I have been on this medication for about a week and I was on genvoya before hand but the doctor switched me because I had lots of weight gain and my cholesterol was sky rocketing but since being on biktarvy my face has cleared up dramatically and my skin is glowing and my appetite has shrunk too. So far I am liking this medication and I am honestly getting more rest and feeling more energized then how I was on genvoya."

ll213 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

For HIV Infection "I'm new to taking this medicine. It's been about a week so I'm just going to let you know about my experience so far. I really don't know what to rate it as, as of yet so I'll rate it as a 6 so far and later it may change. The reason why I'm sharing my experience is because I'm looking for information on how others are with the medication and can't find much so I'll provide my input. I just recently started this medication about a week ago. I've noticed that my skin has cleared up from before, I had rashes, dry skin and a few bumps. My skin has healed some, however I feel pretty sick but my doctor did tell me that that may happen before I start to feel better, I also still have vaginal itch. I looked up how expensive this medicine is and it doesn't make sense how much it costs but I do have insurance. I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes."

Lhyonion (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For HIV Infection "Have been undetectable for 18 years. Started biktarvy 9 days ago. Had blood test yesterday. Hopefully, the results will stay the same. No side effects as yet."

fobs (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For HIV Infection "I recently started Biktarvy and boy let me tell you... Night terrors. Its a daily occurrence. I am routinely terrified to the point of not wanting to go back to sleep. It's getting worse as days go by. I make sure I don't drink coffee/caffeine 8 hours before bed. I don't use my smart phone before bed either. Starting to now dread going to bed. Night sweats. Sheets now get washed frequently enough to probably warrant buying more sheet sets. Nausea. Has not subsided a few months in, but bad when waking up to night terrors. This occurs with or without a meal. After all this, getting back to sleep requires a sleep medication. Gonna try to switch meds."

Little J (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For HIV Infection "Haven't been able to find a good platform for discussion, I was diagnosed 3 years ago, after I hit 18 I had a very sharp decline in energy levels and In the last 3 years I think that the meds have contributed to that, I have been taking stribild for the last three years, no other side effects but fatigue and I became undetectable quickly and have remained so, I start Biktarvy next Tuesday after I finish my stribild hopefull this will help with the fatigue."

diggle (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For HIV Infection "Hair loss with biktarvy. A lot of sweating under arms . I don't like a the hair loss. Does anyone else have hair loss with this drug?"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

For HIV Infection "30 years HIV+. This biktarvy is nasty & experimental & a $10 billion dollar bonanza for the company pushing this poison. Here's why... took it for a month... Gave me upper pain in stomach just below rib cage. Gave me nasty smelling severe diarrhea smelt like traveling behind a vehicle with emergency brakes on while burning oil. That smell made me nauseous. At night time would get a reflux that was nasty like raw crude oil taste. Very dry mouth teeth and tongue. Gave me horrible night and day sweats behind neck, behind knees, arm pits and inner elbows. Gotten extremely dry mouth. Called my doctor went back to taking good ole atripla. My gut, heart, 6th sense, guardian angel and mind tells me biktarvy is bad ju ju. Had very dark nightmares and dark depression. Actually awoken up from my dark nightmares...Imo this drug is terrible and scares me to death. Doubt they'll publish this. I'll save in favorites and check back. Very Angry my doctor pushed this drug on me. Kick backs?"

Teddy September 25, 2018

For HIV Infection "Took my first dose tonight, so far so good. Was excited to see a much smaller pill than Triumeq. I’ve been on Complera, Stribild and Triumeq with varying experiences. Mostly no side effects but I have crazy dreams every night. Sometimes I felt sick with Triumeq when I didn’t eat so I’m hoping Biktarvy is better."

Deaver (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For HIV Infection "Recently diagnosed with a VL of 6,800 and CD4 count of 535; percentage: 29.7%. Will see how long it takes to become undetectable and will report back in one month. Doctor seems to be happy about me being on Biktarvy."

Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For HIV Infection "Have been on genvoya for 16 months with virtually no side effects and will start the switch to biktarvy tomorrow because it doesn’t require food when taking it. My irregular travel schedule made it difficult to have food as required with Genvoya. I’ll report back in a month after biktarvy. Looking forward to not having a food requirement."

Bob August 18, 2018

For HIV Infection "One month in switching from Genvoya. Absolutely no problems. Remain undetectable and CD4 count never higher. Started 2 years ago on Stribild with a viral load of 54k and CD4s just in the 150s. As of last week, CD4s were 524. Additional benefit of no food requirement."

PDX (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For HIV Infection "Will switch on 7/11 from Genvoya. Kaiser seems to be moving folks off the boosters. Started 2 years ago on Stribild and then Genvoya. Neither one ever gave me side effects, and I have no reason to think Biktarvy will either. Much smaller pill too and zero copay with Gilead card. I'll report after 30 days. Until there is a cure kids, take your meds daily and take care of yourself!"

PDX (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018