User Reviews for Biktarvy to treat HIV Infection

Biktarvy Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 126 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Biktarvy

"I tried it for a week and one day after taking pills my butt was very sore (it hurt to sit down) and then another 4 days of taking pill I noticed a lot of red bumps on both of my thighs. So far besides those 2 things ,that's all of the side effects. If you have my side effects, please post your experience. Thanks!"

pmlsurvivor (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2019

"UPDATE: As I’ve written, I was diagnosed March 31, 2019 and started Biktarvy April 19. After, what, 6-weeks? Here are my labs: CD4 = was 100...now 217 Viral Load = was 50,000...now 41 Near-miraculous results! Thank you God and thank you Biktarvy!"

PozOklaCity (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2019

"Been on this drug for over 1 year . No side effects. Cd4 never higher. Viral load undetectable . Love this little pill . 28 years and still going . Never sick. Aweome drug."

Meme May 26, 2019

"Heres my update as promised :) Last April 2019 I posted that I will be starting my treatment with Biktarvy. My base numbers were : VL=135K and CD4=400+. I just had my blood work done (May 2019), literally 1 month (30 days) since starting with Biktarvy and happy to share that I am UNDETECTABLE within 1 month of treatment and my CD4=700+ :) No side effects whatsoever... Kidneys, Liver and Heart are all in good condition. This tiny pill (Biktarvy) is amazing and IT REALLY WORKS without any side effects !!! Feeling Thankful & Happy BirdBird (Toronto)"

mollysnow (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2019

"I’m about to start this medication after a year of taking Genvoya which resulted in massive weight gain. Genvoya put my weight to 180lb from 145lb in a year so I’m really hoping this drug doesn’t have any extreme side effects. I’ll gladly keep you posted."

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

"I was diagnosed HIV October 2018. After all tests, I started my treatment with Biktarvy from December 2018 and I became undetectable in January 2019, so it works. One of side effect that I observe it is non frequent muscle pains. I haven't observed other side effects."

Anonyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2019

"I had problems with Bikarvy from the moment I took it, instantly my stomach felt like an acid pit and then the headaches started. I tried taking it with food, taking omeprazole for the acid, popping ginger capsules to sooth my stomach, but nothing helped. I also woke up two nights covered in sweat. After a week I gave up and went back to good old Genvoya. Based on other comments here my reaction to Biktarvy is clearly not common, so I hope it works better for others who are thinking about starting treatment with it."

TD (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2019

"Dr switched me to this from Genvoya (also bad news). After 6 months on it, I never know whether I'm going to pass gas or fill my pants. If its not diarrhea, then its painful gas and a stool too hard to pass and I have to take an enema. Lipodystrophy is worse than norvir. Also now I have diverticulosis which I attribute to biktarvy. I'm going to insist on switching back to my old 3 pill cocktail"

Bill April 26, 2019

"I was diagnosed with HIV on March 30, 2019. It’s probably been in my body for 10+ years....who knows? (Viral load 50,000-80,000, CD4 100.). Started taking Biktarvy April 19, 2019. Just took my 7th dose, this morning. So far, so good; no side effects. I seem to feel better. I don’t know if it’s the drug, yet, or if it’s me, glad to know what my symptoms were attributed to and finally being treated. Time will tell. But I am very optimistic!"

PozOklaCity (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2019

"I was on Genvoya for about a year, which I liked very much. Only problem was that you had to take with a meal. I had a no problem switch to Biktarvy, which works as well and you can take without food. Have felt good since the switch, maybe even a bit more energetic. Hope it stays like this!"

Danny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2019

"After being on Atripla for 10 years, undetectable and CD4 600, my Dr. asked if I wanted to try Biktarvy. She said it is more refined blah blah so I went on it. It seems to be fine, no blips or changes. I did start to have crazy dreams which I didn't get with Atripla. I do want to comment about the blood pressure and kidney's since I see a lot of people mentioning it. here. My blood pressure is suddenly high, and kidney function tests are off. This started recently. Hopefully will subside."

tk1194 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2019

"I was recently diagnozed as HIV+ March 2019. I started taking Biktarvy for 1 week now and happy to say that I have experienced no side effects or whatsoever.. Hopefully it stays this way... So far so good.. I will post a followup post once I get my blood work after 1 month on Biktarvy. Mike from Toronto"

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

"I was diagnosed right before my 20th birthday in 1994 that I was HIV + I was pregnant and my VL has been less than 10 and CD4 has gotten no lower than 800 and have been undetectable for years. I was on 3 pills for the longest time and then 4 pills twice a day before I was put on Biktarvy and I haven't had any side effects and I started taking it 3/25/19. I just turned 45 in February. So I have been positive for 24 yrs now and still going strong . I'll go in May for blood work to see where I'm at because my VL has been less than 10 still and my CD4 is passed 1300 as of the last time they've checked it."

Cherokee (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

"I been taking this medicine for 1 week now and all I can say that I loooooooooooove it. PROS small 1x STR pill per day with or without food NO side effects on me CONS Pricey though all HIV meds are expensive So happy that my doctor gave this meds for my regimen... I will post a followup comment once I get my 1st months blood work. "

BigBird (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2019

"Have been on Atripla for 10+ years and have been doing very well with no side effects. My doctor of ten+years relocated and I got a new doctor who convinced me to switch to Biktarvy. Terrible drug, my blood pressure (BP) went to over 200/190 since starting taking this new drug Biktarvy and I am always terribly tired. I have always had a BP of 110/70. Will go back to the doctor and request to switch back to my good old Atripla -has served me well all this years."

Lissie April 2, 2019

"Been taking this for a week now and have been having crazy and constant nightmares dreams even though I sleep in the day and work at night. Had the same issue with Atripla before doctor put me on Genvoya. Trying for a month to see whether the nightmares stop."

Kwame (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2019

"Been on biktarvy last 2 months now went from 3 pills a day to 1. I feel fine only thing I will say my blood pressure has gone up and I got call from hospital go back for more bloods because kidney function is not how should be, I don't know yet if its related to this tablet or just years of been on HIV meds as I've been on meds over 10years"

Olls (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

"I was diagnosed with HIV on January 7, 2019, I started Biktarvy on January 31, 2019 and now I am happy to say that as of March 14, 2019 I am UNDETECTABLE! I didn't have any side effects from the medication. I recommend this medicine!"

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2019

"I was diagnosed with HIV in June 2018 I started Biktarvy July 2018 at that time viral load 25,700 and CD4 1126, a month later I did blood work and was undetectable and CD4 1358. 8 months later am still undetectable. I have had no side effects. I know it’s recommended to take the pill at the same time everyday but I be at work so I just give myself a window of 11a-2p to take it because my doctor recommends me to take the pill with a meal..."

Anonymous March 26, 2019

"Have been taking different types of HIV meds since April 2016 due to bad side effects like nightmares & terrible headaches. Genvoya has been working well but I have decided to switch due to the fat being accumulated on my thighs which makes them bigger (like chicken thighs :) ) even though my doc doesn't believe me and won't agree that this is a side effect. He has now put me on Biktarvy after I insisted that I can't go on with Genvoya but will be starting in 10 days time as I have to finish the last tabs of Genvoya. Am hoping for no or minimum side effects but after reading most reviews here it seems like this med is much better. Did anyone experience fat accumulation on a certain part of the body? I will give an update here once I have tried it for 2 weeks."

Madame pretty March 25, 2019

"Recently changed to Biktarvy from Genvoya. And have noticed immediate improvement in fatigue and concentration. Improved appetite and more energy. Only on it 4 days but so far so good."

Hope (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

"Doc switched me from Sustiva/Epzicom to Biktarvy. This is my third switch to one-pill-a-day regimen. First time was Atripla. Threw up constantly. Went off after three days. Then Triumeq — inflamed by peripheral neuropathy. Quit after three weeks. Now on Biktarvy. It’s been tough. The worst side effect is feeling a need to burp and I can’t. Very uncomfortable."

Goliath53 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2019

"Was diagnosed in Oct 2018. CD4 was 0 viral load unknown. One month after taking it viral load was 67,700 CD4 was 50. Two months after starting it viral load 25 (undetectable) and CD4 283. No side effects at all. I haven't felt this well in years."

Babygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

"Side effects of painful rash, red, nauseous, depression and aching bones. Maybe it work for someone else."

Dotty (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

"I was diagnosed 4 years ago and immediately began taking isentress and truvada it took years for me to tolerate those drugs. Their effect on my body was terrible the smell from my urine and feces was awful. The aches and pains from the isentress was the worst. I had difficulty even moving around from the pain. My doctor prescribed Byktarvy when I began taking it I had mild headaches some nausea and a lot of gas but the symptoms subsided the smell from my urine and feces disappeared and every bit of joint pain disappeared as well. It was amazing even better my viral load in 30 days went from 250 to 101. I feel stronger less phlegm in my chest I'm not as tired as I was on truvada and isentress. Bottom line is this drug blows away my prior treatment and I highly recommend it. One thing for sure in order for these meds to properly work you CANNOT have diahrrea! That interferes with the meds being absorbed by your body that must be controlled and continuing unsafe receptive sex can causes diahrrea"

Undetectable (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019