User Reviews for Benzamycin

Learn more about Benzamycin.

Acne 5 reviews 562 medications

7.2
Summary of Benzamycin reviews 5 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Benzamycin

For Acne "I have used this medicine two separate times for severe cystic acne. I never had a problem with acne until I was a nursing school student. This cleared up all my cystic pimples at that time. A few years later they returned when I stopped taking birth control. I got a prescription for Benzamycin again and they all cleared up once more. This product makes your skin somewhat dry but works wonderfully."

Anonymousetoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Well if you use it properly, you should be ok I'm just an example of improper use and severe side effects I was a stupid 18/19 year old who mentally freaked out, used way too much. I've had severely burnt skin & redness the last 17 years now. Quite the cross to carry. Wish I never came across it (only had minor acne anyways) but to the medicine's credit, I did misuse it"

Scootah Wootah January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This is my second time using the Benzamycin gel. I would have to say that while it worked great when used properly, it did not get rid of my acne for good. It took about a month to start to see real results. The results lasted for about 1-2 months after I stopped taking the medication. Sadly my acne slowly started returning. I am now waiting to see a dermatologist to start Accutane."

iginlalover (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This dried up pimples fast. I have moderate acne and within the first week my face had practically dried up. I was excited and loved it. It does leave a white pasty looking film on your face but I used it at night. For 3 months I used it every other night to keep everything at bay. However doctor said it worked so well, they took me off and gave me Differen. Now back to breakouts all over my face and really oily. Can't wait to go back and beg for this again."

Danidee (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It works quite well, I used to have numerous whiteheads constantly covering my chin but this works well. Occasionally I will have a few pimples but normally its during sports and when I'm not playing sports I'm clear. The biggest drawback is it is very hard to apply. It leaves a white flakey coating all over your face that is hard to remove with out removing the product. I normally get rid of it with moisturizer but it requires two applications that are hard to rub in."

Anonymous June 8, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin topical)

Professional resources