User Reviews for Onexton

Learn more about Onexton.

Acne 12 reviews 525 medications

Summary of Onexton reviews 12 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Onexton

For Acne "I've been on this for a week and half and it's working fine I guess, too early to tell. However it really burns my skin... I guess I have sensitive skin.. Idk but it burns a lot and it's really irritating. I use this with retin a so idk if together they burn but it burns a lot."

Dannyeduar September 8, 2016

For Acne "I was on accutane for 7 months? Something like that. And had no acne at all afterwards but 6 months later I had a random terrible flare up and used onexton, worked pretty well except I put too much on one area so if kinda burnt my skin."

acnenomore (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Acne "My face was breaking out so badly that I didn't even want to look in the mirror, blAvk heads horrible cysts I tried using a homemade mixture for my face which did nothing. My doctor later prescribed onexton and ziana gel onexton in the morning ziana at night I had no idea that after applying the onexton and the ziana to moisturize my skin, So after two weeks of use my skin was red peeling n painful, so I decided to stop using it for a week and get m skin hydrated, than I went back to using the products, I've been using it for about 3 months now and it's cleared all the acne away and all the excess dead skin is gradually coming off. It takes time to see a major difference but I seen my difference within 1 1/2 months . I would recommend both."

S26 June 24, 2016

For Acne "Onexton was my last resort before Accutane and I am SO glad my derm prescribed it to me. I had hormonal cysts that were painful and inflamed. I've been on Onexton for six months and now I have no acne at all. I feel like I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked for me. Your skin does need time to adjust to it because it's a powerful medication, so make sure you're only using a small amount at first. I like to mix mine with moisturizer and apply at the same time. Seriously has been a lifesaver."

Km84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

For Acne "If I could give this a negative number I would. It murdered my skin. It made my skin horribly worse. I woke up the morning after my first application (which happened to be the day I was taking the SAT!) with my skin just a horrible peeling, painful mess. My skin felt like there was acid under earth it. My face was disgusting, it was completely tight (it looked leathery!!!) and covered with dead skin, I couldn't see fresh skin ANYWHERE. It was all peeling off. And burning. I, of course, stopped using it. But for the next 2 weeks my skin was peeling non stop (moisturizer and exfoliating were no help) and my face was dark red. It looked like I had had an absolutely horrible sunburn. This was after just using Onexton ONCE. Wouldn't recommend."

IT SUCKS (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Acne "I am 22 years old and in the last couple of years my skin has gone through some changes. I have oily/combo skin and acne prone. I went to the dermatologist hoping for a simple fix product as I was only trying to control small breakouts. I did not go in with terrible acne, maybe like 3 active pimples. He prescribed Onexton and Epiduo. Told me to use Epiduo at night and Onexton during the day. I had to stop using Epiduo after one week because it was so terribly drying it was changing my skin color. I continued Onexton and my skin got so much WORSE. I continued using for 3 weeks and decided to stop because my breakouts were out of control. I've never had skin this bad before. Switching to an all-natural routine. Fingers crossed."

hayyquayy November 12, 2015

For Acne "Amazing! Currently on doxy and onexton. To keep this short I will say I've been on tons of other creams and gels and even accutane twice and nothing has worked this quick for me. My current combo has significantly flatted out my spots in a week. I am still getting a few new ones but I dab some onexton on there and bam. Within 24hrs those pesky spots either shrink or come to a head. I usually have to wait weeks for those under skin ones to go away but this stuff clears them up in a day or so. Yesterday morning I felt a new spot coming up and by nighttime it was gone. Crazy!"

Jody1288 October 25, 2015

For Acne "I have been fighting cystic acne for years and finally decided to see a dermatologist who prescribed Onexton. It took about two weeks and my cystic acne has cleared completely. I'm also taking Doryx daily. I had no issues with irritation from using the cream daily. I use coconut oil as a moisturizer which seems to work well. I've been using a mineral SPF since all the other cream sunblocks seem to cause breakouts."

JDY2015 October 16, 2015

For Acne "I've had horrible acne since 4th grade (now in 11th grade) and was also extremely self conscious, since I was way before my peers. My doctor put me on Accutane and it worked wonders. My skin was completely cleared and I was thrilled. After a few months off of it I began to notice some new pimples, so I contacted my dermatologist. She put me on Onexton. Within 2 days the pimples I had were completely gone. I have been putting it on ever since and have had no problems. I would recommend using it with a moisturizer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

llauramccormick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2015

For Acne "I am 22 years I was given a sample of onexton from my dermatologist so I could get started until I got mine mailed to me. Let me just say this stuff is AMAZING! My breakouts were significantly smaller and less noticeable with the first application. After a week my face was close to completely clear to where I just used it about twice a week. The reason I'm giving it a 9 and not a 10 is because it did dry me out a bit but nothing you can't control with a good moisturizer. Over all in LOVE with this stuff."

Anonymous August 26, 2015

For Acne "I have been dealing with adult acne for years. The product does work but I had to give it a little time. It's been close to a month and my skin is almost clear. I did have a few breakouts last week but were gone 2 days later. I also experienced some dryness and peeling after washing my face with Proactiv and applying onexton right after. The other thing I noticed was unbearable stomach and leg cramps the first day of my period. I usually get cramps but 1 Tylenol normally does the trick; not this time. My cheeks are a little rosier than normal and my chin, which is where I apply most of the medicine, is turning a bit yellow (weird). I think it's worth a shot but get in tune with your body in case there are any side effects"

J.I.L. (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

For Acne "Onexton is absolutely amazing! Have been using now for about 3-4 months. I apply it every night after removing my make up and washing my face thoroughly with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I was worried about facial skin peeling/redness that I experienced with other prescription topical medications that I had tried in the past for acne (Ex. tretinoin, benzaclin, etc.) I have not had any redness or peeling since starting Onexton. My face is pretty much clear (exceptionally noticeable difference compared to 4 months ago). I also take Spironolactone 100mg daily for acne which was started at the same time as the Onexton. For the first time in YEARS, my face is mostly clear without any redness or peeling. $0 copay with savings card!"

Vanessa_35 May 21, 2015

More about Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical)

Professional resources