User Reviews for Acanya

Acne 57 reviews 525 medications

7.4
Summary of Acanya reviews 57 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Acanya

For Acne "Iv'e struggled with acne for years now.Once I started using Acanya, Ziana, and Solodyn, I can see a huge difference with my face . I had really bad acne and you could clearly tell it was there. I tried everything you could possibly think of and so far these products are the only ones that have been helpful. I would recommend seeing a dermatoligist if you have bad acne, they will most likely give you these products.Just wanted to share my experience, hope you find help with it."

Doesn't Matter (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

For Acne "Honestly, this medicine has been life changing for me. Before I used it, my acne was awful, mostly on my forehead but all around the rest of my face, too. My dermatologist prescribed it to me and within a month of using it my acne completely cleared up. Now three years later, I still use it and my face remains acne free!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2016

For Acne "I absolutely love this product. it does take some time to fully work but the end results are amazing . if your skin does dry out try applying a small amount of moisturizer!! I really only do " spot treatments " with this product because if I do apply it to my whole face it dries it out so much"

Anonymous June 16, 2016

For Acne "I don't have bad acne but I get cystic acne on my chin from hormones that last weeks! This is the only cream that made my skin close to perfect after a few months I didn't know it was the cream until I ran out and my acne came back, I need to get a new bottle ASAP!"

gaby789 March 11, 2016

For Acne "Acanya worked AMAZINGLY on me for two years. I had moderate acne around my mouth, chin, and all over my forehead. Acanya started working immediately (never even got the initial breakout) and within 2-3 months, my skin was completely clear. People were actually complimenting me on my complexion! However, after two years, Acanya was no longer effective. My skin is not nearly as bad as it used to be as a teenager (I'm 23 now), but I still get breakouts on my forehead and chin when I'm about to start my period. Since Acanya no longer works, my dermatologist has recently prescribed me Epiduo, which is benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. Fingers crossed that Epiduo works as well as Acanya did!"

Skim Shady (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016

For Acne "I have been using Acanya for a while now because of my mild acne, I stopped using it for a few weeks because my skin was really clear. Now I've been back on it my skin is horrid, every time I put it on I get burns on my face almost like sun burns. It worked really well in the beginning but now all it's doing is burning my skin and it's terrible."

kdawes February 14, 2016

For Acne "Thank God i read the reviews before applying this gel, I was planning to apply it all over my face just like my dermatologist suggested but after reading about the possible effects I decided to be cautious and apply the gel on one spot only, Acanya gel basically burned my skin,I have a red patch and it looks irritated, I will not use this anymore, I rather wait for the pimples to heal than burn my skin with this gel I've been triying apple cider vinegar as a toner at nighttime to balance the PH of the skin and control the excess oiliness and I can see an improvement, mix half distilled water half ACV"

Lorena1981 December 17, 2015

For Acne "Would not recommend this. I was recently proscribed by my dermatologist by using it every evening. I used it once and the next day my entirw face was red and itchy. I heard that the irritated skin lasts for a few days. Not only does it barely help my acne condition but its embarrassing and ridiculous to have to walk around with my face completely red."

I . L (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Acne "awful product. did not do anything it was supposed to. I have very very mild acne. I wouldn't even call it acne, just pimples. and everytime I have tried to use acanya it hasn't helped with any pimples and just left my face red and burned the next day. This redness stays for at least 4 days. It's so embarrassing and not worth it for a product that just makes your pimples MORE obvious because of HUGE red spots. awful product. throwing it in the garbage so I never have the idea of using it again."

m45 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2015

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 12 and I'm 15 now. my acne is EVERYWHERE and its red, huge and very painful. When I decided to see a dermatologist she prescribed Aczone to apply morning an night after washing my face with CeraVe facewash. I saw amazing results! After my second visit, my dermatologists prescribed Acanya to apply in the morning and and continue applying Aczone at night. ... My face immediately got even worse than it was before. Right now I feel so depressed. Every time anyone talks to me all they see are the huge zits on my face. Everyone just keeps telling me home remedies to use and NOTHING works."

Moshimoshi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2015

For Acne "I'm 24 and have been using Acanya since I was 18. I remember noticing a difference within the first few days and massive improvement within a few weeks-1 month? Don't really remember, however, this product has remained relatively effective for 6 years for me. Skin is 90% clear other than cysts when I am highly stressed or due to hormones :/ This medication only gets 9/10 because I still get blackheads and cysts occationally and it's very expensive"

Long time user of Acanya June 24, 2015

For Acne "Did not worl"

cjkm June 12, 2015

For Acne "The gel worked at first clearing my skin quickly, but then it stopped working and all my acne came back even worse."

Doe2345 May 9, 2015

For Acne "I am a 23 y/o female and have had moderate acne since I was a teenager. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me Acanya for the morning, Ziana at night, and Minocycline twice a day. I can say I see a huge difference in my acne, I have had no new pimples since starting this treatment, and my acne marks are fading. My only issue is that the creams (mostly the Acanya) make my face red and burn very badly for an hour or so after applying, but that goes away. My lips are very dry and cracked as well. I do use a moisturizer but I'm liberal with it because my face gets very oily."

Emily021 May 7, 2015

For Acne "I'm 16 & have struggled w/ mild acne since age12. However, my sister who is 17 has struggled with severe acne since she was 14. She recently saw a dermatologist and he prescribed her Acanya in the morning & Atralin at night. I noticed an amazing difference in her skin within 3 months. She was more confident & seemed to glow...literally! Acanya actually makes your skin look brighter & healthier. Like I said, I also suffer w/ acne. Although mine is mild, I tend to scratch/pick at it when I am nervous or stressed causing it to inflame & become much worse than it should be. This made me want to try it, so I got a few samples, an began to see incredible results within just 1 week! This product is truly a life saver!"

Rows May 1, 2015

For Acne "I was breaking out badly on the sides of my cheeks, then I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the dermo and they prescribed me Acanya. After 2 weeks I noticed a difference for sure. The big cysts I would get or just all these pimples I got in 1 spot started fading away instantly. It is take time, I had to pop some and then put the cream on. It's been 3 months so far and no breakouts or acne whatsoever. I just use cetaphil and that medication and done. (:"

Myles2222222 March 1, 2015

For Acne "I have had acne for several years now. The medication works awesome, don't get me wrong. I have had acne now for quite some time. I have been on Acanya now for 3 months, I have seen a huge improvement in my skin. BUT, I still have these red spots that won't go away. Now my face is smooth as a babies bottom, but not visually. Dry skin was the only side effect I experienced but that was only for the first couple of weeks. Make sure to hydrate yourself. Still have those red spots that 'look' like pimples but they aren't. It's weird, maybe it's acne scars or something. But I do recommend this to anyone was mild-severe acne! All depending on your hormones and stuff!"

Cheer4lyfgal January 2, 2015

For Acne "Also for the people saying it dries our your skin very badly, you must be using too much. It does dry your skin out but not badly at all. You're supposed to use very, very little bit of it on your acne. Not your whole face, just your acne. I learned the hard way. I loaded it up on my chin & it made my chin so dry & itchy & red. It looked horrible, like my whole chin was scabbed. It went away after I stopped putting the cream on it for a day or two."

Kaylaaaaaaaaaaa26 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2015

For Acne "I had never really suffered from constant acne, until I got on birth control which pretty much turned my face into a cystic acne infestation. I was torn apart, troubled, and with no self confidence. I started wearing hats everywhere I went, spent hundreds on facials and makeup, till I drew the line and finally decided to go to the dermatologist. She prescribed to me Acanya in the morning along with Ziana for the evening. I have to say the results are miraculous, I've been on it for about three weeks and my face has completely cleared off. I do not have one zit, only acne marks that will hopefully go away with time. I also started Solodyn 105 mgs four days ago, taking one tablet everyday before bed and I feel like that is what has made my cystic acne disappear."

aliis (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2014

For Acne "Super fast and the best to clearing pimples. So worth using! I always watch what products what I use on my face and I tried this cream and it was so fast at clearing breakouts and acne. It dried out the breakouts and surprisingly didn't break me out more. This product is so perfect! The 2 samples I had cleared my face within the week! It may dry out your face a bit, nothing extreme! Using it in the morning is best I think and also is okay to wear with your makeup over it."

Megannnn December 30, 2013

For Acne "I've had acne since I was about 13, I'm 16 now and 6 months ago I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me Acanya in the mornings, Tazorac at night and minocycline twice a day and he advised me to apply a moisturizer underneath both the Acanya and Tazorac because before I was using Proactiv and it made my skin super sensitive to everything and it kind of takes a while to work. I was told it would take 12 weeks to see a "considerable" difference. I did see a great difference after 12 weeks, but I wasn't totally clear so I kept on using all the products and currently I only breakout once every two weeks and they go away rather quickly, but I have a lot of scars, which is what the Tazorac is for. It just looks so much better than it did!"

berserkaf October 7, 2013

For Acne "I had pimples all over my forehead, cheeks, chin, everywhere! They weren't so noticeable but they were there! I went to the dermatologist about a week or two ago and I'm so glad I did! My dermatologist gave me this cream to use in the morning and my acne is already starting to fade completely! It does tingle a little but I feel that's when it's working! I've tried a lot of other creams but this one works best and fast!"

MeganMariie October 6, 2013

For Acne "I went to the dermatologist almost a year ago and she prescribed Acanya. At first it dried my skin and peeled it very badly, when I went back to the dermatologist 3 months later I told her but she said continue the use. But then one day I ran out and I realized my skin was the best it's been in 3 years I would get compliments so when my new bottle came in I decided not to use it. Then about 3 months later my acne was the worst it's been so I did research on Acanya and realized I use it wrong. I would put it all over my face causing it to dry, now I put it in my problem areas only and my face is getting better. But makes my skin itch a little but that's okay. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but I wanted to share my experience."

Vuhnessuh August 15, 2013

For Acne "I've struggled with acne since I was about 13. I've used Proactive, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, AcneFree, etc. and every other acne system you can think of. This product gets rid of my acne in about 4 days; it is all I need now. It doesn't matter what face wash, or toners you use with this, because all you need is the Acanya gel. It's pretty expensive but one bottle (only put on problem spots) lasts me about 4 months. Acanya has completely has kept my acne away for about a year now. As soon as you put it on, the next morning the size of the bumps reduce in size dramatically. About a week later, I had no acne. I didn't have bad skin, I just needed the right product."

AlexRedwine (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2013

For Acne "I started using this maybe a year ago and I absolutely love it. I went to the dermatologist to see what I could do about my acne and she prescribed me this to do every morning and Differin to use every night. Acanya is great at removing big pimples and even small zits. One thing people don't realize is that if you put this on and plan on going in the sun, you need to also wear a sunscreen moisturizer. This medicine makes you more sun-sensitive, so keep that in mind."

StephB (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2013