User Reviews for Atovaquone to treat Babesiosis

Also known as: Mepron

Reviews for Atovaquone

jilly November 4, 2019

“The prescription came in a 500ml. bottle without any measuring system. The pharmacy eventually came up with a 2" long calibrated syringe which didn't reach more than a third of the way down the dispensed bottle. When the pharmacist was asked about this, I was told to use a "Benadryl cap"!!! to dispense the syrup and aspirate with a small plastic syringe. I think the company that makes this medicine should provide some sort of medicine measuring device that you can use so that the patients can measure an accurate dose! What in hell is a "benadryl cap" and why would the pharmacist be recommending it. Klaus Nuki DDS.Phd. ”

Anonymous January 13, 2017

Mepron (atovaquone): “While on Mepron, I noticed a gradual intensification of depression and psychological manifestations. At first I was not concerned and just attributed it to temporary hormonal fluctuations or whatever. As the fourth month approached, it had became much more intense and consistent. I was not making any progress in any other area and I could no longer deny the effect the Mepron was having on me. Did not help me at all!”

bigsherm March 12, 2008

Mepron (atovaquone): “its taking a while to work but i have had some improvments. i have been taking it for about 2 months now but my doctor says it will take about 6 months to work so will see. I tested postitve for 2 different types of babesia plus lyme so it may take me longer to get better then others with just babesia.”

Learn more about Babesiosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)