User Reviews for BC Original

Pain
5.6

Reviews for BC Original

Foxy September 16, 2020

For Pain: “ I'm writing to voice my feelings about the NEW Packaging of the individual Envelopes. You say it's because you changed Manufacturers, but I believe it's about the MONEY spent to wrap the powder in the OLD envelopes. Whatever it is the NEW Package stinks. I would really like you to bring back the OLD Glassine Packages. It's easier to open and easier to empty the product in my mouth. BRAVO! I only use BC when I have a Headache, or Muscle Pain from working out. It does work, BUT, the NEW Package adds to that PAIN.”

No longer a BC user · Taken for 10 years or more May 6, 2021

For Pain: “I hope BC takes heed - the new packaging is TERRIBLE. I've been using them for 30 years, but no more. I will change to Goody's or an alternative because the new packages make the medicine clump up in the bottom, and you have to tear it off incrementally and take it five or six times, if you even get any of it in your dang mouth because it spills all over the place or up your nose if you try to shake it loose. The fold-up packets were great, why did you have to mess with something that worked just fine, and probably were cheaper for you to make? Stupid. And I can see by the reviews I'm not the only one who thinks so. Get it together, BC.”

Rick · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2020

“You can't lie and say that you did not change the formula when you changed the packaging. It's simply not true. I've been an extremely loyal fan of the OLD BC powder. Once the packaging changed I was optimistic and continued taking it. The new packaging/FORMULA for some reason raises my blood pressure each and every time I take it. Please don't lie to everyone and claim it's the same formula when everyone knows that its not.”

Bunkie March 13, 2019

For Headache: “BC says they did not change the formula, I believe they did. I have used BC Powders for at least 40 years. Would not take anything else and nothing else worked. Recommended it to everyone I knew. The new packaging does suck! Cannot get the powder out, does not easily pour into your mouth, there seems to be less powder. Why did Prestige Brands think they had to change the packaging, it was fine the way it was. It actually made it more unique and interesting than any other pain reliever. People would always ask what was I taking....and then BC had a new customer....Please bring back the old packaging. Coke made a mistake, admit that you did and bring back the old package. For now, I'm in seach of a new "go-to" remedy.”

Pink Lady · Taken for 10 years or more March 16, 2019

For Headache: “I have been taking BC Powders for many years; why, because it works and it works fast. The On-the-Go Stick Packs are very disappointing, cumbersome, and contain less medication. I cannot get the powder out of this type of packaging. The packaging is too small and does not allow the power to flow out easily. Trying to take BC On-the-Go Stick Packs actually magnifies my headache. Please bring back the original packaging. If not, I will be forced to find another medication for my headaches that will hopefully work as well as BC. Just like BC Powders, once I find something that works, I stick with it until a change is needed. Hopefully, you will take this complaint seriously as well as the many others I have been reading. Many thanks!”

Grandma B · Taken for 10 years or more March 21, 2019

For Headache: “I'm a chronic migraine sufferer. I've been using BC for over 20 years. BC has been my first choice before going to prescription meds. The new packaging gives me a headache. There isn't an easy way to take. It either stays in the wrapper or spills out. Why did the manufacturer find it necessary to change the already perfect easy to use product. Bring back the old packaging or give us a choice.”

Lisa · Taken for 10 years or more March 15, 2019

For Headache: “I have used b c powder for years it work very well for me but the new packaging is terrible all of the powder does not come out you have to open it up all the way in order to get all of the powder I give the to-go-sticks and F rating.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 19, 2019

For Headache: “20-year user here. If you’d asked me before the new packaging came out, I’d have given it a 10, but now looking for another pain reliever. I never did love the taste (hate cherry more), but at least with the old package I could dump it neatly at the back of my tongue and wash it down immediately without tasting. With the new package, half of it sticks inside, so I’m forced to tap and shake it, getting the bitter power all over my tongue and making the process of taking it unpleasant and lengthy. Old packaging, please. I want my BC back!!”

Pammy March 16, 2019

For Muscle Pain: “I have taken b c for many years twice daily and I hate the new packaging— it goes everywhere—- I’m not sure the dosage is equal or if it is just that it all spills out trying to get it open — if you open only one end then you absolutely can’t get it all out — it was perfect the way it was — why change it ???”

Allie · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2019

For Headache: “I've been taking bc powders for years, hate the new package, I can't get the powder out of the corners unless I rip the sides off and put it in a spoon to take, please go back to the old packages ! Please, please, please !”

db · Taken for 10 years or more February 10, 2019

For Muscle Pain: “What the heck? New formula is no where near as effective as the old. New packaging sucks but would be ok if product still worked. Tell your MBAs to go back to work. I’m looking for a new pain reliever after 35 years.”

Lucy October 23, 2018

For Headache: “Medicine works but hate new packaging. The stick packs are AWFUL! Once you open it, it takes 3-4 times to get it all in your mouth...the powder gets stuck at the bottom of the pack and you have to jiggle the pack and bump the bottom to get it all out....go back to the old packaging.”

Dee · Taken for 10 years or more December 27, 2020

For Pain: “I'm not sure what is missing but with the new change. The pain does not go away fast. I have been using BC powder for years and so have my other family members and we all notice the change. Bring back the original ingredients please!!! We are all letting this go because there is a big change and its a waste of money!!!”

Angela · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2019

For Headache: “Hate the new packaging and the new formula! I used to be able to depend on BC's to get rid of a headache fast when nothing else worked. Not anymore. And I end up wearing more than I can get in my mouth! Please change back!”

Life time user January 27, 2019

For Headache: “Agree with all comments regarding new packaging and formula. Mother has used it her entire life and I use it. New product is a fail. Not convenient. I found a few old packets in my travel bag, which were in perfect condition. Taste is different, amount in packet is different. I do not believe you tested this new packaging on your customers. Rethink your marketing quickly.”

Sharshar · Taken for 10 years or more April 2, 2019

For Headache: “I have used BC Powders for migraine headaches for 45 years, in last 10 years for aching and arthritis. Original packaging made it easy to take. Please bring back original packaging. The new packaging is not easy to open, most of the powder stays in the package, is not as effective, and I end up chocking when taking.”

Wanda · Taken for 10 years or more March 13, 2019

For Headache: “I absolutely detest the new package. I have taken BC powders for over 40 years they worked when nothing else did. They do not seem to work as well since the new packaging. I don't know if the formula changed or if it's because a lot of the powder is still in the package. I don't know why but they do not work as well now.”

Mgs October 23, 2018

For Muscle Pain: “I hate, hate, hate the new packages. You can't get them open or get the medicine out. The old packages were so easy, just unfold pour in and in 30 seconds you are done. Now it's a major project and chances are that 1/4 of the product is on your shirt or the floor. STUPID idea...might try Goodys.”

G · Taken for 10 years or more February 10, 2019

For Headache: “LOVE BC powder, HATE the new packaging. Perhaps it's just a rouse to cover the fact that there's less product, but I'd take two BC powders from the old packaging rather than having to deal with the new packs. It'd take less time and I'd get all the product. I used to be able to inconspicuously take one and be done with it, but now it's a production, and I have to stop what I'm doing to put on a show. My husband swears by Excedrin, and for the first time in 25 years, I'm thinking of switching.”

Jo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 3, 2018

“I have been using your powder occasionally for most of my teenage and adult years. I am now 83. My son brought me a package of 50 and I just tried to open and take one. OMG!!! Most of the powder ended up down my dress neck! I need to take this in order to get my shower and shampoo, and I've tried twice today to get into this little bitty package and it sucks!!! I will not buy another BC if you continue to package the things in this stupid manner. Childproof AND grandmaproof. What a stupid move you've made!!!”

John Doe · Taken for 10 years or more September 30, 2018

For Headache: “I've been using BC powder for years. Definitely my go to for headaches. Not understanding the reasoning by changing the packaging. Hate the new pouches, difficult to get all the powder out. It wasn't broke, so why fix it. Please go back!!!”

Neeser · Taken for 10 years or more March 22, 2019

For Headache: “I hate the new BC powder packaging. It's cumbersome and you cannot get all the medicine out and half of it spills out all over the place while trying to remove it from the package. Please bring back the old packaging.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2018

For Headache: “I have been taking BC powders for 25 years and have tried your new package. I hate it!! It is difficult to dispense the powder out f the package always leaving some in the package. I will not take another BC. Please return to the old package.”

#1 customer · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2021

For Pain: “I can tell the formula has been changed since the new packaging and I don't like the new packaging at all. It's a lot harder to try and get all of the powder out of the pack without spilling it. So will you please go back to the old formula and original folded envelope!! Thank you!!”

Vern February 9, 2019

For Pain: “What the heck is going on. There are no BC Powders in the original packaging anywhere. Well- I have found a couple small packages at gas stations. The formula is different... the packaging is the worst!!!! The powder doesn't come out properly and it tastes very acidic. And- here's the biggest kicker- it doesn't work as well. So- why???? We live in the South. I know people who have been taking these for over 30 years- myself included. Why would a company risk losing what they are going to lose..... Shame!!!!”