User Reviews for Armodafinil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

cxbq · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2020

For ADHD: “Armodafinil works wonders for my ADHD. Some anxiety symptoms in the late afternoon, which were relieved by exercising or getting up and going for a walk/hike (I have always had some anxiety and this is the coping method that works for me). No irritability or otherwise problematic emotional symptoms. Did tank my appetite though, I found eating a little something on regular intervals made me realize I was indeed hungry, so I was able to eat normally but did have to monitor and make sure I was eating enough. Did have issues with light crashes in the afternoon, not as intense as those from vyvanse/amphetamines, but still present. Felt sleepy, which was usually a plus at bedtime. Took as-needed about 4 days a week, some days I preferred to lay low when I didn't have pressing tasks to attend to.”

John oliver August 14, 2020

For Depression: “I have anxiety and depression, armodafinil works well for depression but increases my anxiety multifold.”

Manic · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “This drug armodafinil made me manic, heart racing and super tired. Had so many emotions. Definitely not the drug for me.”

Sleepy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 15, 2020

For Drowsiness: “I do not feel anything when I take my 150mg of armadofinal....I am extremely tired even after I take it why?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Depression: “Does not work for improving apathy or empathy. Actually makes depression worse with duloxetine.”

Jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2020

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I have been on nuvigil 150mg for almost 4 months. I was previously on Adderall 20mg twice a day for several years and Ritalin before that. Nuvigil does absolutely nothing for me. I can't stay awake, cannot function, very depressed. I would much rather go back on Adderall.”

Sunny · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I aa 21 years old And was diagnosed with narcolepsy about 2 months ago. I started on 150mg of armodafinil which was very effective for me for about a week and a half. And then the effects slowly decline and within a month I was back to sleeping 14-15 hrs a day and no energy. Some days I will do the exact same routine and take it the exact same way and it won’t work at all. And then the next day it works amazing. Doctor told me this medicine has a tendency of being super effective but your body will adjust to it very quickly and it will not longer work. So I am conflicted about how I feel about this medication.”

CD · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2020

For ADHD: “First trial of this armodafinil was amazing - by far the most effective option for my ADHD. It made me feel alert, focused and content without jitters, anxiety, appetite lost, increased heart rate or the other side affects common with stimulant based meds like Ritalin. I regularly take short breaks from meds so when I started this again, I had pretty bad anxiety and didn’t experience the calmness or focus that I had before, which was a real surprise. The main downside with armodafinil besides the inconsistent experience was that it consistently made me sweat more than usual and it’s super expensive here in Australia. I’m sure I’ll try this again but for now, I’m happier on modafinil.”

CC · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I’ve been on Nuvigil 150mg for several weeks and it has brought me out of the fog I was feeling. It's side effect has been that it has increased the number and severity of my premature ventricular contractions (PVCs). I will have to monitor that but I am hopeful that I can get back to having a somewhat normal life. I was diagnosed with Bipolar II about 10 years ago and have been fighting to live. I’m on a lot of other meds that zap my energy and I already don’t have any so I’ve been isolated for a while. Just hoping this med will make my cocktail of meds finally work well.”

Xyzsxz · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have been taking this drug for about 2 months without any significant improvement with my "always feeling drowsy" as well as chronic fatigue syndrome. I started with 150mg a day and my dose has increased Although it keeps me awake, but does not much help with my "feeling of lethargy and fatigue" I can suggest this medicine to those who only suffers from excessive drowsiness or daytime sleeping. Others may want to find different substitutes eg. methylphenidate. Note that I was prescribed with armodafinil by a professional psychiatrist and I do not advise or promote anyone to self medicate based on my experience.”

AOlPl · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I am a 72-year-old woman. I have fallen asleep every day after lunch for 30 years. During the night I got up to pee three or more times. Often, after the last time, I couldn't fall asleep again, so I averaged 6.5 hours of sleep at night. I had a sleep test last year and was diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea. Started using CPAP in late October. I still fell asleep after lunch every day, but the 3 a.m. bathroom trip has stopped. Last month I was prescribed 50 mg. armodafinil (Aurobindo Pharma). I felt jittery, and fell asleep after lunch anyway. Doctor told me to double the dose. On 100 mg. I felt like I had ADD. I was jumpy, couldn't concentrate, couldn't even form complete sentences. I was able to stay awake after lunch, but had to lie down before dinner instead. I have stopped taking it. The jitteriness and other side effects are not worth it. I would like to try original NuVigil (if my insurance pays for it) to see if it is any better.”

Ceesha · Taken for 10 years or more January 21, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “Was dx w/ Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (RSD) in 1998 at age 15, and then fibromyalgia in 2001. Spent a lot of time exhausted and completely bed ridden. Around 2005 I was diagnosed with ADD and put on Ritalin. It really helped with my concentration and the fatigue! I could actually get out of bed. When I had to switch doctors they didn’t want to prescribe it anymore because I was no longer in school and I didn’t work, so I guess I don’t need to be able to concentrate. So I started nuvigil. I take 300 mg a day and it is the only thing that allows me to get out of bed. If I do not take it I cannot get out of bed, and I will sleep all day. I would like to go back on the Ritalin, it works better for my concentration and ADD, but since my doctor won’t prescribe it, I’ll definitely keep the nuvigil. It has been a life saver. I don’t find it directly helps with the pain, but it allows me to get up and keep moving, and that is always good for anyone with chronic pain.”

Crinky · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2020

For ADHD: “I've never taken Ritalin or other stimulants for ADHD. My nurse prescribed this to avoid dependency, which I requested. This really does help me relax and focus. I'm a 3/10 without it. I'm 7.5/10 with it. I can't compare it to other ADHD drugs.”

Dave T · Taken for 10 years or more January 2, 2020

For Depression: “armodafinil is a miracle drug for me. I take it in addition to Lexapro and Klonipin. However, it only works for a few days, then I have to take a few days off. I'm still giving it a 10 because a few days relief at a time is still a miracle. Start low and adjust dosage slowly, because higher dosages can make you hyper. My daily dosage is 1/2 of a 250mg Note: I know Nuvigil hasn't been around 10 years, but before Nuvigil I took Provigil, and it worked well too”

Sleepyhead · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

For Drowsiness: “I just started Armodafinil today and got really sleepy about 1.5 hrs after taking it. Now I am going on 18 hrs of awakeness...cannot fall asleep despite my eyes fighting to close and being tired. Sleep won't come.”

Punkeralitina December 6, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I am 59 years old I have narcolepsy if I do not take Nuvigil they will take my driver's license I've been on it for about a year I used to sleep all day and all night sometimes like 3 days straight but now on Nuvigil it was helping a little but now I'm like take it at 8 and by 11 I can't keep my eyes open so I don't know what to do kind of freaking out here I have anxiety and I'm very hyper so goodnight there's no way I can take Ritalin that will just throw me over the edge of being too hyper. I don't know what to do. I don't think anybody really cares but I just wanted to say something so that's my story and I'm sticking to it”

Polly December 1, 2019

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “My son has been taking this medication as he has fallen asleep behind the wheel and is tired all the time (narcolepsy). This medication is working for him he has so much more energy and isn’t tired when he has it. If he doesn’t take it he sleeps all afternoon”

Chiere · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 5, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “Dx’d in 2014 with Fibromyalgia & ME/CFS. Also have ADHD & Insomnia. Went from being a career artist with a fantastic job to sleeping over 18 hours a day. Can’t take NSAIDs or opiates; just gabapentin & Cymbalta. Told my dr I was turning into veal, and was there anything to try? After 3 sleep studies he prescribed Nuvigil, and added Belsomra as a sleep aid. Bingo! Now I’m only in bed for about 13 hours, but I can think, make it to appointments, and help with the grand babies. It’s not a cure-all, I still have flair ups, and hubby still has to open my pills, but I can move, think, ride my horse, and I don’t feel as stupid. I’ve had no negative reactions except it kicks my ADHD into hi gear for the first three hours, and I still eat w/ gusto, like the regular fat chick I am. Can recommend! Get the dr and pharmacist to team up on the insurance company. And use the coupon on the Nuvigil website.”

PJ October 27, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “Started on modafinil and now on armodafinil. Neither seems to be that effective for narcolepsy as I can take a 250mg tablet and go to sleep two hours later. It is better than not using it though. At least with this I have motivation to do some things where without it was hard to do anything. The doctor is reluctant to try me on anything else since I am 68 and he feels other meds might be too dangerous.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I just recently got diagnosed with narcolepsy. I have realized I had trouble staying awake throughout the day for a long time. I had gone to my doctor and done multiple sleep test and a multiple sleep latency test. I ended up being placed on armodafinil. I've only taken it for 2 days. The first day I took the full dosage and was up for 21 hours straight. Even at night when I went to go to sleep I couldn't. This is day 2 and I've been up for 22 hours straight. I can feel the tiredness but I'm unable to go to sleep and it's put me in a very scary uncomfortable state. Hopefully my doctor can help me figure something else out because this is insane.”

JDSumner and Stamps · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I started on 150mg Nuvigil but I was still tired. Dr. added Adderall but it is still not helpful throughout the day. I still feel like taking a nap. Thinking about going up to 250mg when I see the doctor next week.”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “Started this medication a few weeks ago on the 150 mg dose. It stopped working so my doctor upped the dose to 200 mg. Since day one, I have had the WORST nausea, migraines, the overall feeling of sickness, loss of appetite, and vomiting that are only getting worse everyday. the medication has not even worked that well for me and for me it is just not worth taking. I am stopping this medication immediately.”

Student U · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

For Drowsiness: “Armodafini makes me feel more sleepy. I feel dizzy, nauseous and after taking the pill I get migraines. It so weird that I have this side effects. At the same time I can feel my heart rate rising. After these symptoms I didn’t use it again.”

Flat without · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2019

For Depression: “My boy died and I was devastated. My psychiatrist had given me Provigil to help me when my mother passed away. Now, I am completely alone. I took Nuvigil in order to meet with his widow and plan his funeral. I was able to concentrate to get through it. That was over three years ago. Now I take it when I know there is something I have to do. When the grief overwhelms me I take the Nuvigil. 50 or whatever the low dose is. I am better off when I take it, makes me feel like my old self again.”

KSR · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 17, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “On bad "Fibro Fog/Fatigue" days, I will take 1/2 of a 150mg Armodafinil in the morning and it clears my mind and provides me with very good energy for the entire day.”