User Reviews for Amantadine

Also known as: Symmetrel

Learn more about Amantadine.

Reviews for Amantadine to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

"I had CFS for 7 years and when I had an episode of the illness I would be bed ridden for six to nine months. Doctor gave me Amantadine in hospital and I instantly fell much better. Now I take it when the disease starts, I take from one to 3 daily for about a week. It helps me function normally and it always gets me out of the bed. When I way taking it for a longer period it would start to cause symptoms similiar to the dissase so the best way for me is to take is from time to time when I feel I have a relapse."

Tiltonit (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2016

"I've had chronic fatigue since I was three that was the result of a basal ganglia stroke and that has not been intermediate. I've been taking the drug for about a month and it's been like a dam against the fatigue. I struggle against hypertension because muscle tension does not go the distance and this has not become any easier yet. Over the last week or so the "hard to tolerate thing" has kicked in with the drug. So I stopped taking the drug today and immediately feel better but the positive effect lingers. I expect I will be taking the drug intermittently which I expect is the key. After all, there may be a very small chance of basal ganglia stroke."

garylynn (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

"I have been on amantadine intermittently for years to deal with the "viral" component of my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I took 200 mg daily for over 3 years. It helped me when nothing else would. I now take it when I feel a viral episode coming on. Without the drug the viral symptoms (nausea, sick feeling in head and extremities) are much worse. Often times I have difficulty taking drugs, but Amantadine (to my knowledge) has not presented with any prominent side effects. It does seem that when on it for extended periods of time the body gets used to it and it becomes less effective. For that reason, I take it during periods when I need it the most. I am very thankful for this medicine!"

Anonymous November 17, 2010