User Reviews for Almotriptan

Also known as: Axert

Migraine 8.9

Reviews for Almotriptan

Shirley Scott · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I also took numerous medications for migraine headaches one of which I couldn’t take because just the smell of it made me gag so that being said AXERT was the only medication I could take and feel better again very quickly. Yes with my work insurance it was expensive ,but I always said it was worth every penny because it worked so quickly”

Ceeispainfree January 25, 2018

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Suffered from migraines, after several different med's the neurologist prescribed me axert. Long story short, I take at the onset, and am able to stay at work. No more dark rooms, staying in bed under comforter or crying!! Amazing!!”

normzz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2018

For Migraine: “I suffer from chronic migraine, whereby for the past 8 months I have had one every single day. I have tried other triptans and preventative medications (zomig, maxalt, topamax, imitrex, relpax, elavil, and others), and none of them worked even in the slightest. I now use Almotriptan and Cambia in conjunction when I feel a migraine coming on and it reduces the severity of every single one. I still have migraines almost every day, but this is the only medication that has offered any sense of relief. The medication is very pricey so I am glad that my insurance covers the cost.”

HedPain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2016

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I have tried a few triptans; (Zomig, Maxalt, Imitrex, Axert) and had the best results with Axert 12.5mg. I also use a toradol nasal spray in conjunction with the triptan. I suffer from chronic migraines (15-18/month). I am able to function and not miss any work with Axert. I am an IT executive and do not find I have any diminished capacity with Axert. I am currently waiting for coverage approval to start botox (200 units) for my migraines which will hopefully eliminate my headaches. Fingers crossed!”

Lizzie Kay · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2016

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I have suffered with Migraine headaches for years, and have tried all kinds of medication. I have been diagnosed by a Neurologist as having Chronic Migraines, that go into a loop, and the headache just keeps getting worse and I wake up every single day with a Migraine. I have just tried Axert 12.5mg and my headaches are massively better. I can actually function after taking this medication. I would recommend this medication for sure.”

M123485753 January 20, 2016

For Migraine: “Been taking it about once per month for about five years. Some months none, some months 2 or 3 pills. Pill probably works 3/4 times. It seems better than using tons of tylenol or ibuprofen which gave no relief and left me nauseous. Better treatment would likely be to alleviate a stressors and maybe even avoid sugar, or a cocktail of stress, sugar and fatigue all at once.”

pkelleynp October 17, 2015

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I've tried a few triptans but this is the first one I've tolerated. In general, it is effective within an hour. However, in the rare case my migraine is preceded by an aura, it seems less effective. That said, since I can't tolerate other triptans due to side effects, I like this one best. (My insurance company doesn't like it and I needed to obtain prior authorization, always a headache!) Use the coupon for the copay if you can.”

Susan P · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2015

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Had the beginning of migraine on a night shift. Took 1 tablet and within 15 minutes I could function again, with none of the stated side effects”

Janettt October 2, 2015

For Migraine: “Best medication I have ever been on!!!”

PattiMary February 22, 2015

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I have tried many many medication to treat my severe and frequent migraines!! My only complaint is the price. It is cost-prohibitive to take as needed.”

sunshine223 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2015

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I had the side effect of being very tired and slept a lot which at least then I wasn't in pain but not convenient .”

cinderly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 8, 2014

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Axert works fairly well for me. Most of the time I take it with 2 naproxen and I don't need to take it a second time. I can think of any side effects that I have had with it. I wish you could take more than 4 in a week.”

Andie1980 August 6, 2014

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Had migraine headaches throughout adolescence and survived on extra strength Advil and eventually took prescription "Empracet". As an adult, migraines became more severe which led to vomitting and 1-2 days in bed until my doctor prescribed "Axert" in December 2013. Since, I am able to function and proceed with my days within 15 min of 1 dose!”

BKayWo · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 20, 2014

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Took the medicine when I was certain my headache was a migraine and it was completely gone in an hour or less with no side effects. My insurance used to cover it but now I am getting a lot of push back, switched to Relpax which is also a good but still struggling with insurance. ”

meekastinker January 22, 2014

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Amazing - only thing that works for me- allows me to be at work functioning on medication - all my other meds made me dopey or stupid (stupimax:topamax)”

Brainpain64 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 27, 2013

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “This medicine works every time I take it - zero bad side effects. The downside is the cost. And that cost means that some of my migraines must drag on and on.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 27, 2013

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “When taken at the onset of a migraine, Axert works well with minimal side effects. If I've gone too long before taking it, I will sometimes need a second dose. Typically post-migraine, I am a bit dopey and slow the following day or so. While this could be a reaction from the medication, I think it's mostly just post-migraine symptoms.”

LessFrequentSufferer · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2013

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “This works! I used to suffer, not now. This brand works faster and provides more complete relief than other brands I've tried. It even works if you didn't get to the migraine at the first sign of it.”

Jan S January 28, 2013

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I rely on this medicine and although it is expensive, it is great!”

Suffering2Much December 6, 2012

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “My migraines seem to have increased in intensity.”

Serenity needed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 23, 2012

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I have tried literally every migraine medicine: Maxalt, Zomig, codeine. I have had migraines for 9 years now and have used Axert for one year. Sometimes it works very well with just one dose combined with Toradol. I have had no side effect with Axert. I use also 50 mg of Topiramate at night before bed. In the Fall weather I have had migraines daily and I am using two doses of Axert (12.5 mg) and probably not waiting a full 24 hours for the next dose. I am now getting Botox injections in the forehead, both sides of the temple and back of the neck. This is a 100cc of Botox every 3 months at $400 a pop. I need to find some relief!”

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Axert has changed my life! I have suffered from migraines since (42 yrs old now) childhood. Knocks my migraines in their tracks usually with one pill. Every once in awhile, I will need to take a second, but you must wait at least 2 hrs after first dosage. All migraine sufferers need AXERT”

efed October 19, 2011

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “I was on Amerge for 5 years before a doctor gave me a new migraine prescription for Axert. This has been an AMAZING solution for my migraines. It's highly effective and usually works within an hour of taking a dose, even if I've had the migraine for many hours. I've even had times where it worked within minutes! It's cheaper than the other migraine pills I've taken and literally has ZERO side effects and very few drug interactions. I would highly recommend trying Axert if you are a migraine sufferer.”

Anonymous September 25, 2011

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Best thing since slice bread. Very expensive but worth it. ”

missa00999 May 24, 2011

Axert (almotriptan) for Migraine: “Used to take Axert but then lost my insurance. I never missed work or school. Unfortunately things in life went south and I'm living back home trying to get s new degree and have missed untold days because of migraines. Finally have a primary physician and she won't prescribe it because it can cause serotonin syndrome with my antidepressant. I was on 2 antidepressants when I was on it last. This is day 24 of the May of migraines. I've either woke up with one, had it hit me in the middle of the day or strike by 5pm, EVERY DAY and now I have gastritis so I can only take Tylenol. I know this is a review, I love Axert.”