User Reviews for Combivent Respimat

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Combivent Respimat.

COPD, Maintenance
4.2

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Combivent Respimat reviews 4.2 9 reviews

Reviews for Combivent Respimat

For COPD, Maintenance "I used to take Combivent aerosol inhaler and it was wonderful. They decided to make it non aerosol and it does not work. First off anyone without two hands, or arthritis, or wrist issues could not even work the inhaler thats WRONG. I have 2 good hands, thank goodness, but The inhaler malfunctions all the time. At first lots comes out, then slowly less and less over a month until I get no med. it doesn't help like it used to. Clogs up. Runs out before it says empty due to waste because of design flaws. I hate it. I don't even pay for it! Those paying hundreds-thats messed up its not worth $10 now."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "Not real impressed don't know if anyone else has had this issue but when it gets to the red mark stops dispensing medicine, and of course can't get it replaced. Also has been a few times when it didn't seem like any thing was coming out so had to double the dose so than you have most of that months wasted.Not happy at all have to wait for refill because of course you can only get one a month at a time so than you have to go without your medicine real fun fighting to breath. Company really needs to go back to the designers and come up with a better dispenser."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "At first I loved it because I had been smoking for years with asthma. Am I bad? However when I quit smoking before, my lungs returned to normal. Combivent was a miracle at first, but now that I've quit again I still need to use it. I want to wean myself off but feel that there's something in it that requires or has made my body dependent on it, if that makes sense. So in the short term, it's great. Long term: well, I'm on here because I have my doubts. I have great insurance and was floored when I found out what some people have to pay."

Queen of all things (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I have had constant problems with the new apparatus. Turning it to get it ready is hard for my arthritic hands. Half the time I accidently hit the button and send a puff into the air making me have to turn it again to get another puff again. I never coughed when the old one delivered its dosage but this one makes me cough immediagely. What's with that? I even have trouble getting the lid open. I just hate it."

GardenerFran (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 29, 2016

"The design of the new inhaler needs to be changed. I noticed when the twist mechanism stops and says it has zero doses left, there is still plenty medicine left in the capsule. Either increase the amount of twists the inhaler can do or change it back to something less mechanical, like the old push inhalers."

Nolan jacko May 13, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I love the Combivent Respimat. I'll admit it was a little different at first but once the pharmacist instructed me I was fine. I even like it better now than the old one."

Johnny F (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2014

For COPD, Maintenance "I am a veteran and also retired from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I have been using inhalers since 1986. I have to tell you, this is one of the most difficult inhalers to use. It takes two good hands to use. Think about all the Veterans returning from combat with missing upper and or lower extremities. Think about going back to the drawing board."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2013

For COPD, Maintenance "Respirmat has been a bad replacement for combivent. It has a short time relief for breathing."

Ronnsden (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2013

For COPD, Maintenance "I could not live without Combivent. Now they come up with this Combivent Respimat, takes half a container to finally get the hang of it and its $238.00. Need to find something else for me because I cannot afford this every month."

clifeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2013