User Reviews for Combivent to treat COPD, Maintenance

Combivent Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Combivent

KAY D. · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 16, 2018

"I have had continuing problems with Combivent Respimat. It is supposed to have 120 doses for the month but has typically not lasted a full month. Last year 2017 it averaged less than 25 days. For May and June of 2018 it barely lasts two weeks and I am left without medication for the remainder of the month. Something is wrong with this product. I have talked to the company, sent them the defective inhalers but the problem persists."

wra · Taken for 10 years or more May 30, 2018

"Combivent is great but the price stinks ! The patent on the medication expired. So they keep changing the price of the delivery system to keep the price up."

Cliffy May 25, 2018

"Without a doubt combivent is absolutely the BEST inhaler on the market. Has both an anticholinergic drug (ipratropium bromide) AND a short acting beta agonist (albuterol) in one inhaler. Works considerably better (for me at least) than using separate Spireva (tiotropium bromide) and albuterol inhalers. The only "down side" is the taste is not good, but the effectiveness improvement is well worth it."

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2018

"My upper gums are bleeding. So I am discontinuing combivent for a week to see if it makes any difference. Other than that I have been able to take deep breaths for the first time in years! I have only taken combivent about 6 weeks. Already breathe freer. I noticed the difference after only two days."

Lenlen2 May 9, 2017

"It was my first time to use combivent. I was able to sleep well because I am not coughing the whole night though I have a hard time breathing as if there is something heavy on my chest and i feel so tired. Thanks to this article I just found out I belong to the 2% who experience such side effects.."

John In Chicago · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2016

"For those who prefer Combivent and can't get it, be advised it is still available in Mexico over the counter by it's brand name. So if you have a friend who go's there, they can bring it back for you....Another option is to use Atrovent and Albuterol inhalers together as prescribed by your doctor as I do......As the U.S, drug companies charge a lot for Atrovent. BTW Regular Albuterol / Salbutamal Inhalers are less than $10. each when ordering UK Generics"

ezzcat May 31, 2015

"I'm 1 month in on trying this respimat. It's terrible. I see the specialist tomorrow, and I went back on my morning once a day spariva. I used the combivent inhaler for extremely bad attacks where I might only use it 3-4 times in a month and it was a life saver for me. It WAS my safety net..I hope they go back to the combivent inhaler."

DogLover-2800 August 25, 2014

"Switched from Symbicort. Combivent works much better than Symbicort or Albuterol for me. My wheezing is allergy induced. Ipratropium addresses the allergic component. Seems wetter than other inhalers which helps delivery."

Ronnsplace October 29, 2013

"I have used it since 1998. It is the only product that works for me ....now they discontinued the product and use respirmat. The drug does not work for me at all. I sure wish combivent was back."

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 8, 2012

"I've been on Combivent for years and then had an allergic reaction to it which put me in the ER. Had severe skin burning and itching all over. Now have to stop it. It did help my breathing so not happy about this allergic reaction happening to me."

Anonymous September 6, 2011

"Works great initially especially if you are congested but after a couple of weeks now does nothing. Maybe my body just got too used to it? Does nothing now. Notice the drug interactions, doctor and pharmacist didn't say anything. Can make your heart race as well."

Anonymous May 20, 2011

"I was given this medication in the ER (breathing treatment) . It worked wonders for me, it immediately open up my lungs so that I could breath. What a relief!!"

Kimmy68 March 15, 2010

"I began Combivent, doubting it at first, but was so glad my family doctor told me about it. It has helped me tremendously. I am so relieved to have it. "

Wheeziegirl December 16, 2009

"If you have Asthma and a chest cold, Combivent clears the mucus from your airways so you can breathe. I only gave it 9 out of 10 because it tastes AWFUL!"

Driverguy November 2, 2009

"This inhaler has made such a difference in my breathing. I wish my doctor would have prescribed it years ago!!"

nuh August 14, 2009

"I've been using Combivent since 2000 up to now but not on a regular basis, only during severe asthma attack and it gives immediate relief."

Anonymous June 2, 2009

"Has been a very good drug for my asthma."

More about Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium)

Other brands: DuoNeb