User Reviews for Adapalene topical

Acne
6.8

Summary of Adapalene reviews 6.8 350 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Worst decision ever!!! Made my skin so bad!!!! I was so embarrassed to leave the house! My skin never turned out so bad as when I was on differin. Even when I went to get a facial, the lady said " what are you using on your skin? I could work on you for hours!" How humiliating!"

Donna (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2019

For Acne: "The Retinization period is bananas! I started this treatment Friday March 15 and stopped using March 17! The side effects, and I have everyone of them is painful!!!! The one time I didn't google the medication before I used it! My chest is on fire and it looks horrible! I only pray these side effects go away quickly! I read to continue using this medication even with the side effects! My chest burns just thinking about that! This is so embarrassing! I love my chest and to see it all broken out, red, and burning is so discouraging! Good luck to whomever use this medication! Just believe the side effects are real!!!!!!!"

Kenjie (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed this before it was OTC and it may have been a higher dose then, but it still works with the 1%. I do not have severe acne, but it is cystic especially around my menstrual cycle. What I have learned to use and what my doctor recommended was to only use dove sensitive soap with the product. I wash my face with it before I apply it. You want to be sure to use it on your entire face, not just particular spots here and there. Sometimes I could even wear it under my makeup, but at night is easiest for me, once a day. Anyways, when my skin did get really dry my solution is always Vaseline, all over your face for one night maybe two. It's messy and feels very gross but worth it. I always have baby soft skin without dryness and my wrinkles are less present after a night of this. Lastly, although I do still get cystic acne still on differin it's less often and they come out more easily if and when I do pop them. Hope this is helpful."

Bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This was terrible. The acne keeps coming back and you can never escape it. Honestly one of the worst products for acne. I am sure they designed it to make you spend more and more money."

Z (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "My experience with Differin was horrible, I know they said you may get purging but believe me it’s not worth the pain and scarring caused by the purging process. Research for more natural remedies that are soothing for your skin, this product is designed to keep you buying more since you think it will get better over time. I have read reviews were some said it got better after months and then purging starting happening again so this sounds like a never ending cycle. Please beware, this is not the only acne product on the market and believe me all products don’t cause purging like this. My skin has never look this bad, I’m in the medical field and feel so embarrassed going to work with my face like this. I figured makeup will irritate my skin more so I’m trying to stick it out, I have stopped using Differin and wish I never started..."

Ashley February 28, 2019

For Acne: "Started using this rubbish about 5 months ago.When I started using it, it was every 2 days due to the fact that it would burn my skin especially any area around my orbitals. After I noticed my acne progressively getting worse, I started to use it every other day as I felt that the issue was just my hormonal acne. This eventually turned to everyday. I regret it now. My face is full of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentated acne scars and the acne became worse. Moreover, I developed tiny little bumbs all over my face and millia around my nostrils and the area around my chin. My skin felt so sensitive to touch and wash and the acne hurt so bad. I consciously decided to stop using differin completely last week and go back to Duac Once Daily. I was really hoping I had found the holy grail given the effects of retinol but my skin as never looked worse and I am 29!"

Unsatisfied (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

For Acne: "Hello, I want to share something very important which my doctor told me to take care of while applying this gel. 1. Always use this at night time just before going to bed and within 5 mins of its application light should be turned off as this medicine makes skin light-sensitive. People who complaint about scars caused by this drug just recall if you followed it while applying the medicine or not. If not then it can cause scars. 2. The quantity of the gel to be used is only peanut size if you are applying on your full face. Don't ever make the mistake over layer you skin with this drug or you might face the severity of it. 3. After the application of the gel don't touch you face again and again in order to avoid the adverse effects. 4. Never apply it near eyes and lips area as it can cause extreme dryness."

Akriti (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "The has been the best for my acne. I have skin issues all my life and finally at 57 l used Differ in Gel and it works great. It take about three months but please hang in there. I have used Retin-A and so many other products. I have gone to many Dermatologist, chemical peels l can't remember them all. Walmart has it for $13 or $14.00."

Dru2011 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "My 15 year old tried this after antibiotics, all natural products, diet changes, increased water intake, etc. It has only made her skin worse and looks like it is leaving scars. The first two weeks there was some improvement and then at least 10 weeks in , the acne became angrier and more frequent breakouts. Would not recommend use for hormonal cystic acne."

Momma bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Nope nope nope... I’m getting married soon and thought it would be a great idea to use this product and clear my minor adult acne so my skin would look nice for photos and I’ve never had my face break out so bad! My chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead are all breaking out with painful cystic acne. I know it says “wait it out” but there’s no way I’m continuing like this. Shame."

TicTac (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used it over a year and then developed an extremely itchy rash on my neck. It only went away when I stopped using it. I never used it on my neck but did on my jawline. Months later tried it again and of course the rash came back. So not worth it!"

L (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2019

For Acne: "I’ve been using Differin (Adapalene) for about 2 and half weeks and I have began the purging stages but it is just a couple spots appearing around my face so nothing I can’t handle I can really see my pigmentation fading and my skin tone is a lot more even and healthy I think another few weeks my skin will look even better !! Stick to it "

Maximus (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

For Acne: "I have always had minor acne starting in middle school but once I got to my junior year of high school it started to get worse. I went to my doctor and she prescribed this cream. I used it for 12 weeks and by the end my skin was basically clear. I still have a couple of scars but after being off the cream for about a month or two, they seem to be fading. Now, I use the cream as a spot treatment if I get a pimple and the cream usually clears it up within a couple of days. During the use, my skin got dry and flakey and sometimes red and irritated in some areas. However, I found that using a moisturizer a couple times a day fixed that problem."

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I am currently taking doxycycline twice a day while using Differin at night. I am currently at the 6 week mark. It has been a rollercoaster for sure. Some weeks are really good, some weeks are really bad. However, my blackheads are completely gone and my skin (other than the red pimples I get every few weeks during purging), seems more even which makes me happy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Before differin, I had good skin but hormonal and cystic flare ups. First 2-3 months, my skin was awful. More breakouts than I had in my entire life & even in areas I never had acne before. My skin was angry. I had several cysts and bumps all over. I kept reading to hang in there so I did. After 3 full months, my skin finally started to calm down a bit. I still was getting a few pimples per week but noticed they were more surface level and healed much faster than before. I became pregnant and had to stop using it. My skin began breaking out a lot. I felt like I didn't know my skin anymore. I had bumps and cysts and my skin texture was also terrible. After 2 months, I noticed my skin getting back to normal. Not as many breakouts, texture & pigment returning to normal. I personally would never use differin again. It was overall traumatic for me. It's taken a lot of patience to heal my skin. I'm glad to be done with differin. I would never put myself through that again."

Anonymous January 22, 2019

For Acne: "I tried both the .1% and .3% versions of this medication. The .1% basically did not produce any side effects, but also really didn’t yield any significant improvements with my skin. The .3% was horrible! My skin became so sensitive and itchy. I got whiteheads in weird areas like under the corner of my nostril despite the fact I specially didn’t apply it to that area. I wouldn’t recommend this product."

MMG577 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "After my daughters 6 to 8 week of use acne it has turned massive breakout the worst ever during her 10 years from a zillion pus filled on her forehead down to her entire face and down her neck . Red, painful and bleeding areas. Oily all over the entire area . Like a oil spill production is high . Using acne , face cleanser and moisturizer. Any advice ? Calling primary care doctor to see dermatologist . At first it seemed all was going well."

Mary’s Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Acne: "I’ve been on adapalene since September. This product has ruined my skin. It never cleared up but only kept producing more bumps on top of dry skin. I have permanent dry, leather skin with millions of bumps on my face. I will never use this product again. My self-confidence is shot. At 27 years old, I should have clear skin, not scarring, dry leather skin."

Shannon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Give it time. It took longer than 12 weeks to work for me- It took about 4 months for me. I previously had severe acne "aggressive" cystic acne where I was ashamed to go out in public, and now it's mild to moderate acne, its not perfect but a vast improvement. Drs wanted to prescribe me accutane in the past which I cannot take because of my mental health. Differin has been a lifesaver though, but you have to be patient. My acne is not gone, but Differin has been a success, I only wear thin layer of makeup now by choice, and my foundation and concealer routine used to take an hour before Differin. I also use benzoyl peroxide-clindamycin gel which compliments Differin well. STAY PATIENT! The first month is hard because your face will get extra sensitive, and sometimes burned a little bit in the beginning, but Differin is worth it I promise."

Luna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Ok so bought this for mild adult acne and all this has done has made my skin go from bad to worse. I know there is a period of purging the skin and waiting but this is crazy. From other reviews do we stop or keep using with hope this will work. I am in my 3rd week and my skin is worse than it ever was and yet using acne medication to take it away. I am very upset about false advertising of this product. This is supposed be a solution not create more of a problem."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used differin as well as about 6 other prescription acne products in high school. They didn't work so well or clear up the acne but left me with painfully dry, patchy, flaking skin. I tried differin again after about 10 years because, the sulfur products that were working stopped being effective. After about 4 months of use my skin is completely clear and feels so soft. My skin was already looking better after one month. It had also helped fade the dark marks from my acne."

Kaz2547 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This product is awful and has made my life hell for the last 11 weeks. I am a 30 year old with mild comedonal acne on my cheeks. Other products haven't worked for me so after a LOT of research I decided to give Differin a try. I knew I would experience redness, drying and a purging period where my acne would get worse and that its normal. I read hours of reviews where people told me to stick with it until the 12 week mark. I am 3 days away from that mark and my face has NEVER looked or felt this bad in my life. I have painful red pustules popping up every night and continued redness and drying despite constant moisturizing. It's bad enough I have adult acne and that I've been trying to stick it out with this product for 12 weeks but this product has made it SO MUCH WORSE!! I will be sure to tell everyone I know NEVER to use it. I am embarrassed and upset I wasted my time and money for the last 3 months to make my face look worse. Not only that but now I have SCARS all over as well."

Care2232 December 9, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I'm reporting back after not knowing whether to keep using this product or not...for 2.5 months I had acne for the first time in my life because of Differin! The skin "purging" never got better. The bleeding from just washing my face left spots that took forever to heal.My face hurt for weeks. Red flaky areas around my mouth, I'd itch and get tingles. I had a million bumps under my skin, uneven leathery burnt skin. I stopped using the differin and now it's been 2 weeks of washing with antibacterial soap/charcoal bar, applying hydrogen peroxide as a toner and then 2 drops tea tree oil mixed with salicylic acid clarifying moisturizer and my face is super soft, all my dry skin patches are gone, I have no pimples, no blackheads. Very upset I wasted my time thinking this product would work. ***THE ONLY THING I would recommend it for is fine lines and wrinkles (I'm 32) and it does wonders to apply to forehead and laugh lines with no irritation. Hope others find this useful."

WTF (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had clear skin more or less until I was 18, then my skin broke out sooo bad and I had spots all over the lower sides of my face for so long. I tried literally everything. At 19 I tried differin, aware that my skin might get worse for a bit from the reviews I had read. The purge was pretty bad. By skin was red raw, flakey and so dry. It brought out all the spots from under my skin and didn’t seem like it was going to get better: the spots under my skin were still there but the surface of my skin was so fragile. I decided to squeeze all my spots on my face (risky I know). The scars lasted maybe like 4 months, but the spots stopped spreading after I did that and kept applying the differin. Now my skin is so much better. I maybe get 1 tiny spot every two weeks instead of waking up with about 3 new spots a day. Differin was definitely a long-term solution for me."

Luce December 3, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for : "Starting using Differin (suggestion from derm) to fade some hyperpigmentation and to reduce fine lines. My skin has never been so smooth and it also reduced pore size. I had been debating botox for my furrow lines between my eyes and they're gone after using differin. The hyperpigmentation is noticeably lighter too. I did go through a phase of slightly dry red skin but used Vit V & E with Clinique Dramatically Different gel. Worked perfectly . Truth be told, I tried differin 14yrs ago by prescription when I was 19/20yo with pretty bad hormonal acne and it didn't work but now in my mid 30's, its a dream!!"

Porter (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018