User Reviews for Adapalene

Acne
7.3

Summary of Adapalene reviews 7.3 284 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "So I have been using differin for the past few weeks and I see somewhat an improvement but I also see a lot of more pimples and i don’t know what to do , do I keep using Differin on it or not . These pimples are making me so insecure about my self and I don’t like it ."

Keilolz June 21, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've dealt with acne since my early teens. Tried many prescriptions and OTC remedies to no avail. Now that I am in my 30s and taking skin care much more seriously I decided to try Differin again since it's available OTC along with the face wash. I use the face wash every morning and night and the gel every night. I got the normal side effects in the beginning dryness and some peeling and redness but I didn't let that deter me. Now I am going into week 7 and am beginning to see the difference. I still get little breakouts but it's nowhere near as bad as before. Persistence with this medication is key. Give it time to work. I can tell that my skin tone is becoming much more even. My old scars are starting to fade. For the first time since my early teens I am confident in my skin."

Britt (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "January 2017 through to June of 2017 I used Differin gel (that was still on a prescription at that time) and it pretty much cleared up my acne and faded my scars in those 6 months of use. I stopped using it until November 2017 when my skin started getting bad again and by that time Differin had switched to over-the-counter. I used it November 2017 through the end of May 2018 and saw no results in those 7 months AT ALL. I wondered why Differin had worked before on my skin and not this time. I went to the dermatologist the beginning of June 2018 was prescribed Veltin gel along with minocycline and it has worked like magic on my skin!!"

Brooklyn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’m so sad. Today marks 12 weeks for me and my acne has steadily grown worse each week. It’s as though I’m using no medication at all. Painful new cysts form every day, still. I really regret trying this. I have PCOS and have had acne for about 25 years now. It was fairly well controlled for years after I started using salicylic acid 2% and benzoyl peroxide 10% twice a day. Still, I had red marks that took a long time to heal, and I’m getting older with sun damage etc, so I tried a retinoid. It’s not working for me and I could cry, my hopes were so high."

DH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’ve been struggling with adult hormonal acne for awhile now, I would always break out on my jaw line and have tried everything. I saw a post about Differin gel and some good experiences with it so I decided to give it a try. I started using the product in lasts December. By mid January my face was clear. And it has continued to work. I use it faithfully every night. I did experience very dry skin in the beginning but I found a great face lotion to help with that. I recommend this product to anyone struggling with acne"

Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've always suffered from acne and couldn't find anything that worked well. I saw Differin online and decided to give it a try--after all, this hormonal acne has been with me since I was a teen and I am now in my 50s. The first and second week of use was awful. Whiteheads were all over my face! I was so ashamed to go out. Now I am in week 3 of using Differin and I am glad to say my skin is clearing up! It's smooth and glowy and the break outs are clearing up. Dead skin rolls off my face, revealing new improved skin! My complexion is starting to smooth out and the dark spots are fading. I purchased the full line of Differin products and I like how everything works together. Please stick with the routine: Cleanse and use gel at night, apply moisturizer as necessary, and be determined and patient with the process. It really does work! For me, I had nothing loose since nothing worked anyway. It was best to give it a try!"

ShellyB (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

For Acne: "I had struggled with acne for years, having to take 6 antibiotics per day to try and keep my acne at bay. I am nearly 50 and decided to try something different to clear my skin in time for my 50th celebrations. Well all I can say is OMG!! My skin has totally cleared, no antibiotics needed. Clearest it's been all my life. I use a small amount in the morning before makeup and a small amount before bed. I keep looking in the mirror, as I cannot believe it!! Hope this review helps others who have suffered."

Carisgem May 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used prescription Retin-A in high school for acne so I’m familiar with retinoids and how to use them. I stopped using them a few years ago but still get mild acne (I’m 22 now). Went to CVS for acne wash and discovered Differin. Been using it for about a month and noticed full benefits. I still use antibacterial facewash so that helps too, but my acne is totally gone and skin is slightly more even and lighter. Pretty much experienced all the same things I did with Retin-A, but my skin adjusted to Differin super quickly and I had very little irritation. I doubt everyones experience would be like this and it’ll suck for the first few weeks. For me Differin has become a staple for my basic skincare routine. & to the makers of it, THANK YOU for getting a retinoid approved to be OTC! Great product."

Garrett (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Differin is revolutionary. I'm 30 years old with nearly 20 years of hard acne. I spent my teens caking my face in make-up and buying anything with a promise. Anyone who got close to me would keep it a secret due to my skin condition. In the end, I believed that no one would ever know my “real face” (or they would surely turn to stone!) Then everything changed. I have been using Differin for 3 years, once before bed. I needed patience and persistence for 1 year until my skin achieved the glowing complexion stage. Every-side effect possible hit me hard. But now my confidence is booming! If you really have had acne be the bane of your existence, then you will know that life has no quick fixes and that any product yielding great powers comes with responsibilities (avoid UV; be flexible--adapt dosage to need; splash sweat and tears away with plenty of cool water; chose sateen pillow cases and a good fragrance-free face balm). I think Differin will always work for those who really need it!"

Mireille Badara-LaCavaliere (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've always had hormonal acne--started when I was in my teens. I'm now in my 50s and it hasn't stopped! I tried so many products and I wash my face morning and night, but by the middle of a month, the big cystic acne and whiteheads return. I just began my Differin regimen-- face wash, gel(0.1%), moisturizer, and sunscreen. My skin is in the "irritation" phase--feels irritated and slightly burns when heat or sunlight hit it. I noticed the cystic acne quickly turned into whiteheads (looks really ugly) but I see it works fast! I'm going to keep up the routine..face wash morning + sunscreen-- which reduces the irritating feeling I experience-- then face wash and moisturizer at night, which is soothing for me. I'll get better skin yet!"

Shelly (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been using Adaphlene Gel 0.1 and been reading all these reviews which quite frankly seem fake and thought I’d share my experience. I’ve been using the gel on my face for almost 7 weeks now on my face and it has never been worse. I had mild to moderate acne and now I have moderate to severe acne. I’ve read that you should use it for 8-12 weeks before you see results but even then if my acne improves it won’t be any better than it was when I first started. I’ll keep you guys update on it I’m definitely not going past 12 weeks."

BB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I use this for skin resurfacing (unlicensed indication) and my skin is definitely smoother and my blocked pores are hugely better. I do have to scrub every 2 days to keep sloughing and flaking in check but I’m so glad I tried this and continue to use 3 months down the line. A work colleague I’ve not seen for probably 8 years spontaneously stated I looked no older since I last saw him and that tells me a lot!"

Leo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I never thought I’d be leaving a review about a product that helped clear my acne but here I am doing exactly that. I’ve had oily acne prone skin for as long as I can remember and at 42 it was still going strong! I mostly get deep blocked pores on the back of my neck that become really inflamed and turn into massive red lumps that rarely come to a head and linger for ages and my back was a similar story. After many trips to the doctors over the years proved fruitless and after my latest breakout I’d almost given up but after another search through google I decided to give Differin a go. Well I’m not gonna lie it’s been a bumpy road, no pun intended, but after around 10 weeks things are really starting to clear up! The purge at the start nearly got me to quit several times but I thought what the hell you’ll get spots whether you stick with it or not so give it a chance. I’m glad I did, this isn’t a quick fix it’s more of a long haul type of gig but I’m now seeing very good results!"

Adiosacne May 11, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I developed "adult" acne and nothing else was working anymore until this. I spent about 40$ for the first purchase (I bought the bigger size and still have half left after 2 months) and have been using it for 2 months consistently. Quit all your other products except for wipes to remove makeup. Trust the process, it can get worse before it gets better because it draws all the junk out. Just push through because it's so worth it. My skin is nice and clear and I can finally wear lighter foundation instead of laying it on to hide my breakouts."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Acne: "Seriously stick with it. I hated this product at first. I would cry everyday for the first month because it made my acne so much worse and made my skin so red. I wanted to stop using it so bad but all the reviews said to stick with it and I'm glad I did. My skin is so much better. I still have some pimples on the side of my chin (hormonal acne) but its not nearly as bad as what I had before."

nsf97 April 27, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’ve been using this product for about 4 months now, and it really does help your skin and I recommend you use it at night before you go bed. For me the only side-effect I’ve had was SUPER dry and flakey skin, that’s the only downside to this product I try to mosturize my face right after I get out of the shower in the morning, and then I put on my makeup. Somedays in the morning even though I do mosturize, I put on my makeup and when I’m done I realize it looks like I have a bread because that’s how dry your skin gets. But if you do remember to moisturize it won’t be as bad."

Rachel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’ve been using Differin for 5 weeks almost and it’s made me break out horribly. This is the worse my skin has ever been"

B (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Acne: "This stuff has been a miracle for my skin. I’ve been using it for about 3 months now and my skin is COMPLETELY clear. I had really bad cystic acne on my chin starting when I was 16. I tried everything and finally tried this. It does get worse before it gets better. I did a lot of research when I first started and people kept saying to power through because it will be worth it... they were right! Don’t give up on this. It will get worse, but then, practically overnight, your skin will become clear! Amazing stuff. The only downside is that it will dry out your skin... but honestly, I am willing to have dry skin if it means no more acne. Give it a couple of months... you’ll thank yourself!"

L (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I recommend this product to anyone. The result are amazing, for better results used it at night time. Works better if you avoid exposure to the sun, if you used it during the day and you have exposure to the sun will cause black spots. You don't need to use too much otherwise using more than need it will cause you dryness, you can apply moisturizer on top to avoid dry skin but it really works"

NINA (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

For Acne: "Had acne for 30 years and have tried a few treatments with retin A being a favorite. I just tried this a month ago. My script also has benzoyl peroxide in it but my pores shrunk and my skin is smooth again. Only thing, my eye area, although I never apply there because of the extreme drying you get with acne medication, I wake up with extreme swelling. Anyone else experience this?"

Shelly (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "100% clear one day after using it, nothing has ever worked this good and I’ve tried EVERYTHING, organic, diy, face masks, healing Aztec clay, rose hip oil, tee tree oil, proactive and acne free, this is by far the best."

Amy, 22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "So I wanted to try this because it was once a prescription medicine and I wasn’t having any luck with other OTC brands. I read reviews and thought “oh it can’t be THAT bad” (with the side effects) but let me tell you I was WRONG. Day one isn’t bad, day 2 a breeze but by day 4/5 my face was raw and super dry as anything. My skin has never flaked in my life & I looked like a man with a beard. Anything including extremely sensitive lotion BURNED my face. Even tears burned the hell out of my face. The drug works quickly and It does work getting rid of blemishes. In my opinion the side effects isn’t worth it to me. I stopped applying the drug to me face and I’m unsure whether I’ll start up again in a few days. My face needs a rest!"

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Acne: "Best cream to control and cure acne"

Suraj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2018

For Acne: "This treatment has worked very well for me! I started to see results after 3 weeks. My skin felt smooth, but acne didn't improve until about 5-6 weeks in. I'd say it's definitely worth a try if your on the fence about it! I use 0.1% adapalene."

WesSnipez February 14, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I am passing my second full week of using Differin. I am 64 years old and have always had some type of breakout issue, clogged pores and some enlarged pores for as long as I can remember. My skin was relatively wrinkle free prior to using. Anyway, the clogged pores on my chin are much improved as are the bumps on my forehead. The pores on my nose are greatly diminished. The slight wrinkles I had are just about gone as the retinoid also provides a gradual skin peel. I am anxious to see final results after 12 weeks of use. I think I will probably use it 3 days per week thereafter. Just remember to moisturize and use sunscreen! I’m also curious if this product can be used on the under eye area. Anyone have an answer on that one?"

cottagekat February 13, 2018