User Reviews for Adapalene

Acne
7.2

Summary of Adapalene reviews 7.2 310 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I started using Differin at night before I went to bed. I would wash my face with mild facial aloe soap, rinse and pat dry before applying the Differin. In the morning I would rinse my face with warm water and pat dry. Things were okay for the first 1-2 weeks, but then I started to break out with multiple whiteheads on my cheeks and temple areas. They would come up in multiples overnight. It was causing me to have more acne that was painful so I quit using it after one more week. I waited for 2 weeks and applied it again but again the pimples started again so I quit it permanently. It causes some people to have more acne."

Jrome (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had been breaking out like I NEVER had before this past summer. I had continuous acne on my chin and around my nose, which later spread to bumps all on my cheeks and forehead. I was later diagnosed with a severe case of folliculitis. After using the differin face wash, gel (once a day) and the moisturizer at night, I found that my face is clearer than it has been in a longgg time. I experienced some dryness in areas, but my skin looks better than I could have expected in such a short amount of time. I definitely recommend this product :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "How embarrassing to have to even write how horrible this product is! I tried it for 3 months and it burned my skin"

Halley5ED (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This product is horrible! Please save your money. The commercial is not real and this is just another attempt to get you to buy a product that does not work! Very deceiving and disappointing! It actually makes your skin worse! The best thing to do for acne or wrinkles is see a dermatologist!"

Wontubmyneighbor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I foolishly purchased this without reading any reviews. By the fourth day of use I broke out, what they refer to as purging, all over my face. I have OCD and pick so you can imagine what I looked like! I threw it away."

Lucylou (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had been suffering from acne for about 6 years. I didn’t have severe acne but I had it pretty bad. I tired a series of regimes, products and prescription medications. Things would work temporarily along with monthly facials and peels. Nothing cleared it fully! I’ve now been using Differin for about 3 months and my face has never looked clearer. I receive a lot of compliments on my face now. Even the acne scares that have are lighter or gone. This medication is the real deal!"

Al (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I started on Differin in hopes of clearing out my skin. My acne before differin was pretty moderate with relatively clear skin with moderate breakouts here and there. Week 0-2 nothing really happened until the end where I started to get multiple mini bumps on my forehead (but it didn't result in any whiteheads yet). As I progressed through week 2-12 my acne got worse each week and the places I would break out would differ week by week, but mainly concentrated around my cheeks and forehead and it would be mainly whiteheads. I'm currently on week 14 and I was really hoping that my skin would clear up but it hasn't. Just beware when using this since you might end up with way worse skin than what you started with."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I first started using the 0.1 gel with Aczone for the first 10 weeks of use. I had been using aczone for a few years prior and pretty sure it wasn’t working anymore, and all the differin did was make me constantly breakout throughout those 10 weeks (keep in mind I had mild acne when I first started) Finally at 10 weeks I switched to the 0.3 gel (night time) and clindamycin phosphate 1% gel (morning and night), and now I am starting to see improvement. I’ve been using that combination for the past 3 weeks and currently only have 1 active tiny little pimple as opposed to the multiple I had 3 weeks prior. My face is currently red, peeling, and burning from increasing the dosage as it gets use to it, but I didn’t have anymore of a purge then the active pimples I had before switching. If anything, my face is dramatically clearer since switching. I’ve also cleaned out all facial moisturizers/make up and have switched to silicone and oil free to help keep my pores unclogged."

LJA0324 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’ve only been using this gel for a month now and I’ve noticed a big difference. I never had bad acne but I did get hormonal acne on my cheeks and jawline. After the first use I never got a pimple and still haven’t gotten a new pimple. I also never purged or peeled. I recommend using a mild fragrance free hydrating cleanser and using a deep moisturizer(Cerave is good). I think the reason people get so irritated by it is because their face cleanser is already too harsh with acne fighting ingredients and they don’t moisturize. I haven’t seen a noticeable improvement with my scars but I have no active acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

For Acne: "My 14-year-old daughter started breaking out in the spring, mostly whiteheads on her forehead and cheeks. The acne was mild but increasing so we visited a derm. who prescribed adapalene. She started slow to avoid irritation - once every three nights, to once every other night after three weeks and nightly by the fifth week. She had a breakout on her forehead after two weeks. The bumps, while not horrible, were definitely bigger and more noticeable. By the fifth week, her forehead was almost completely clear and remains so now. About a week after upping the dose to nightly, the bumps on her cheeks increased in size, just like her previous forehead flare. By the eighth week, her entire face is much improved. She has a few tiny bumps in her problem areas, but not very noticeable. The medicine worked pretty much exactly as I had read it would. The acne looked a little worse for awhile while the gunk and cells were being pulled from the pores. Her skin looks so healthy now!"

Kelska August 23, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've suffered from acne off and on through my life. Usually brought on by poor diet and/or stress. I have been experiencing a breakout lately, so I decided to try Differin gel, since it was new. After just a few days, I have zero acne and I even noticed a few acne scars are unexpectedly fading away. I have tried numerous acne treatments, both natural and medications. They either dry out my skin too much or bleach my clothes and towels. I am very happy with Differin gel and I'm hoping my acne continues to be well controlled on this medication."

32amrak (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Horrible I’ve been using it for about a week now and my skin has cleared up a bit but then I woke up one morning and had terrible burns on my nose, cheeks , and under my eyes. It has been burning badly and hard for me to sleep. I wouldn’t recommend it. NOT GOOD FOR MY SKIN."

Aries (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Pleasantly surprised by how well this worked! I had been experiencing serious congestion and clogged pores mainly around the mouth and jaw, so I initially went the route of trying to fix my hormones. I switched birth control and went on Spironolactone which helped but my pores were still continually getting clogged. This stuff really returned my skin and pores to their normal state. I still get issues here and there but I can genuinely say this made the biggest difference in my skin."

S (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using Differing for about two months. I use the face wash and the moisturizer at night. Using the moisturizer, I did not experience the dry, flakey skin others have. My acne is definitely better. I am able to use less makeup and less concealer now."

Jules August 12, 2018

For Acne: "I used this product for a whole year stopped and then tried again for about 10 months. My acne has gotten substantially worse. My forehead has tons of tiny flesh colored bumps now that I never had and I had tiny red bumps surfacing on my cheeks. I get one or two new ones almost every day. I even tried it paired with clindamycin but its like the purging period never stopped."

Kk (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2018

For Acne: "I have tried Accutane, antibiotics, spirolactone, Retin A, and nothing has worked better than this gel. I had a huge breakout initially that my derm never told me about but now the breakouts that come back are tiny and do not hurt. I have hormonal acne and I am 42. My skin looks so much better and I am so happy to find this. It doesn't dry my skin out either!"

rutgerjen August 10, 2018

For Acne: "Adapalene helped clear my skin within two weeks. The one downfall is I experienced extreme flaking and dryness; particularly around my eyes. I used aquaphor to maintain my eyes, and made sure it got no where else as it is so thick and WILL clog your pores! Other than that I stick to a cetaphil moisturizer and face wash and had wonderful results. My skin looks better and feels better. I found acne that was coming in would disappear in a day or two when usually it’d be there for weeks. I also take Minocycline but the two together have really changed my skin."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I’ve only been on this for about a week and a half and it started working immediately for me. It made me purge within the first few days but I can definitely tell that it’s working. My skin now looks clearer and less congested. I am still getting spots (I get moderate whiteheads on my forehead and around my nose and I get nodules on my chin. I am a teenager btw) but I'm hoping that this will continue to make my skin improve. I am squeezing my spots which I know u shouldn't do but I'm pretty sure this gel makes it heal super quick and it makes marks fade quite quickly. Apart from the marks and few spots I am still getting, my face looks a lot clearer already. I would say that my acne was moderate before I started the treatment and it got a lot worse within the first few days but things are now looking up"

Anonymous August 8, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had good teenage skin, mild acne in my 20s (controlled with occasional benzoyl peroxide), dull skin @age 35 (so began Elizabeth Arden's 8-hour ointment - not meant for face, but what a glow it gave me!) and painful noticeable nodular-cystic acne affecting T-zone face area @age 36. I stopped 8-hour cream, needled the nodules (leaving skin unevenness), used Oxy-10, Lenovate & Isotrex gel. Age 37: all failed, so I changed to: - Differin: acne continued in initial "purge". After 6 wks, significant reduction in number + size + pain of nodules & cysts. After 7 mnths, dryness & some white flaking (despite cetomacrogyl emollient) but fewer, infrequent + mild breakouts - not painful nodules/cysts. - Zinplex - milk reduction. Instead eat yoghurt + cheese. Observational studies support this. - bread & caffeine reduction. I stopped eating store bread and instead make my own with wholegrains. I eat bread less! I drink water/ herbal infusions. Not an evidence-based approach."

Perseverance (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2018

For Acne: "I’m nearly 30 and sick of spots. GP prescribed this. It did get worse after week 2 but by week 4 I was noticeably clearer. By 8 weeks all my friends noticed. There was some stinging in the beginning so I used it every other day for about 2 weeks until my skin adapted. Now I use it every day and it’s fine. I can even go out without make up!!!!"

Hayley (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I believe it was a combination of IUD, stress and hormone changes (pregnancy almost 4 yrs ago) that ruined my face over a period of 3 years. My forehead, cheeks and chin had lots of pimples. I turned 30 six months ago. 10 months ago I got a spot on my face that was the worst in my life that it wouldn't even surface for me to pop. It wouldn't go away after 2 months, so I decided to see a dermatologist. She put me on oral doxycycline for a month, with topical clindamycin for nighttime, and Differin gel for daytime. On top of the meds, cold weather and dry heat inside buildings at the time was making my skin burned so badly. Then, I figured out that putting lots of good gentle, plain lotion right after washing my face really helped. Sunscreen was super important. Now I continue to use Differin to help with hyperpigmentation since I couldn't help picking on my face when I wasn't supposed to! No more pimples. My skin keeps getting better day by day. Remember to apply lotion after washing your face!"

itworks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This was an absolutely awful product for me. It made my face burn, cannot use the skin products you’re used to using. It will make you get HUGE red marks all over your face because of how inflamed it makes your face. It does not assist in fading scars, your face will look AWFUL even if you do go through with the full product for the 6 month MINIMUM span. Absolutely ridiculous! It will cause cystic acne all over & will lower your self esteem rather than fix the acne! My recommendation? Go to your local doctor & get a prescription for pills that will help your acne! 3 months in, my friends face is very clear,I will take her recommendation! Awful product"

thiccboy5666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I am SO happy I took a chance on Differin. I'm 26 almost 27. I didn't have acne growing up, but as an adult fighting PCOS, I often find myself dealing with breakouts. It's embarrassing, to say the least. I also have eczema which makes finding a solution nearly impossible. I can't even wear makeup without an eczema attack! The first 24 hours: I bought the Differin gel and the soothing rapid hydration moisturizer. Based on other reviews I opted to put a thin layer over my entire face rather than as a spot treatment. A part of me expected to wake up with swollen eyes and a very red face. To my amazement Differin not only reduced my acne by half overnight, it didn't irritate my skin AT ALL! I applied the moisturizer 30 minutes after applying the gel as suggested by previous users. My face is always dry with red patches, but this product truly brought it back to life. I am thoroughly excited to see the results over the next few weeks. I highly suggest this product!"

Andi July 21, 2018

For Acne: "Used this product last year and it worked wonders. I had teenage acne for almost 4 months and nothing worked. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me with Adapalene to apply on at night. It didn't really broke me out but there is 1 or 2 new spots like after 1 or 2 days. After approx 1 to 2 months, the hyperpigmentation from the acne faded and I have clear skin again. Never give up. If this product breaks you out a little just remember it is trying to force out the excess junk inside your pores. Highly Recommended Product."

Nichyuk July 6, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This medication is okay. When I first started, I had maybe 3-4 active cystic zits. It got better after the week, and then all my acne broke loose. I had probably 10-12 painful, raging zits. It was horrible. I pushed through because I knew it was going to get worse before it got better. It did get better, but not in the way I like. I am back to having 3-4 cystic pimples, but now I have a bunch of scars, hyperpigmentation, and leftover cysts. Differin really only made my initial breakout better, rather than fix my acne overall. It may work for you, but it did NOT work for me."

Emma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018