User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne 187 reviews 536 medications

7.3
Summary of Adapalene reviews 187 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I love seeing the 1 ⭐️ Ratings and reading about how the used the product incorrectly and blame the company for that. It says on the pamphlet to avoid UV's. You can't just blob it on and then go to the beach, it literally says not to do that. If it burns your face your using it more then once a day or your using it to much. Before you use a product as strong as this, please educate yourself on how to use it properly. This product will start to show results for most within a couple days if you just you a light coat once a day, at the same time, everyday. Be sure to read the box, it has a list of products that aren't compatible with this gel and make sure not to use those on your face or else it will burn worse then scolding water on your face."

Coleflesh March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I was prescribed EpiDuo Forte at night and Aczone in the morning. Started December 30, 2016. 36 yo female with cystic acne x 5 months. My derm and myself felt that this combo was not working well enough after 2 months. I've just restarted BC and switched to Differin 0.3. I'm noticing a difference already at Day 5. My skin is probably tolerable from the EpiDuo as I'm not experiencing the dryness that some say. Hoping this combo works!!"

Lagirl117 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This stuff is AWESOME. Admittedly it itched like fire for three days until I slacked off and used a good moisturizing cream. But my face is CLEAR for the first time in YEARS. I recommend Carmex to heal the dry flakes and Aveeno after that. If you have another breakout, go back to Differin. I can't recommend this stuff enough. It's worth it to itch and burn for a day or two; it's WORKING. Just deal with it. Thank you, makers of Differin!!! Screw makeup. I'm FREE."

Soquilii (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "It was freaking horrible I have a mild case of acne used this horrible acne gel and it burned my entire face I don't even want to walk out my house! When I step into my car with the heat its an excruciating pain that won't go away I would never recommend this product to anyone! I'm a very beautiful woman and my self-esteem has dropped dramatically! I cry myself to sleep since using this, I can't believe they really sell this in stores!!!! "

Morena Coronado12 March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Horrible! I'm only 19 and I've tried everything there is for acne beforehand, can honestly say I've never felt pain on my face like this, skin is burning, dry, tight, broken, stinging and red raw, after only two days of using the Differin cream/gel! It's ruined my skin and shattered self esteem. Would not recommend to anyone!"

Libs (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've tried several over the counter Acne medications and washes, home made applications and NOTHING seemed to work. I saw a commercial on Differin Gel and literally told myself, " sure, another acne med that claims to be effective " I figured, I might as well give it try considering I was beginning to accept my terrible acne. I saw results in a week or so and so did my family n friends. I am almost 2 months in and my face is practically clear, even the dark acne scars vanished. I highly recommend Differin Gel to Everyone that is suffering from mild to severe acne, I promise!! I always apply the gel after washing my face in the evening, applying the gel all over my face and jaw bone. Good luck!"

Jo04 March 14, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Horrible product!!! Flesh eating in a tube!!! Thanks a lot for making a mild problem MAJOR!!! I can't even start to explain what this did to my face! Here take my money and ruin my self-esteem!!!!!!"

Sissy1968 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've always suffered with acne throughout my teenage years & adult life. I have PCOS & I had a full thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer last year. I'm now 38. My hormones went crazy after surgery. I was breaking out terribly. I've tried every over the counter & natural treatment you could imagine. Nothing worked. I saw the commercial & was of course skeptical. I picked it up at target & started using it during my usual breakout time (week before my period) within a week it was cleared up! My acne scars are lighter as well. People at work are actually saying how good my skin looks! I wish I would've tried sooner. I use a very thin layer in common breakout areas. I also moisturize with coconut oil. Fantastic product!"

Thyroidmadness (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "My skin is burning. It has upper layer to peel off"

rajendra swami (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I',ve been using all 3of the products for a little over 3weeks my jawline is worst than ever....they say it could take up to 8weeks or more....I am 49 never had acne like rhis even as a teen..I truly believe if after 1 month and I don't see it getting better then THE PRODUCT IS NOT FOR ME AND WILL NOT WORK.7 days and I am returning the product...don't waste money on the so called previously by rx only product...back to toothpaste and spot treatment.."

Jai malone March 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've had acne when I was a teenager, it cleared up during my 20s then came back - with a vengeance - when I was 33. Differin gel and cream has been the BEST stuff I've used and I have used A LOT of different lotions and potions which have cost me a fortune over the years. I'm now 39 and still suffer breakouts but u keep a tube handy for them and it clears them up in a couple of days. I would say to ONLY put it on the papule or pustule and not on any clear skin around them. That's when it will make your skin flake and peel off! If you use on the spots ONLY it will work just fine. I'm also a beauty therapist and I recommend that some of my clients see their GP for it."

Grisabelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have combination/acne prone skin but have only ever had a mild problem until I bought a 'natural" ebay kit that changed everything. It completely ruined my skin with a huge flare up and immediate dark marks. After that experience I bought tons of other acne products to combat this problem to no avail. My mom works at walmart and told me about differin gel so she brought it home in the morning. I washed my face with my zinc soap prescribed by my derm and dabbed a small amount of gel on my right cheek. In the morning I was beyond surprised to discover a painful cluster of RED acne on that spot so I stopped using this (I'm a light-skinned black girl btw)"

Mebejess (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I am 18. Before I started using adapalene (differin)I used to have a lot of medium sized pimples on my forehead and occasionally on my cheeks. After starting this and mino pills about 2 months ago, my acne started to get worse and worse to the point where I started to question whether this treatment helped at all. My breakouts got worse until about 2 weeks ago when all of my pimples seemingly disappeared overnight. I now have the occasional pimple, but my skin looks so much better! No side effects, either. I use purity made simple for washing my face, and at night I apply a thin layer of adapalene (.1%) and then the differin brand moisturizer, and frankincense essential oil for my red marks. My skin is so much better!"

Bradie S February 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have only just started this product but I'm in love! I usually don't leave reviews but this felt necessary- DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE NORMAL SKIN OR LITTLE ACNE. This product is clearly meant for us more oily skin types, and I can honestly say it's worked like a dream. Yes, my skin has become a little more dry and sensitive, but that's to be expected. It cleared up my super bad breakout in about a week and now I'm working on getting rid of my blackheads and the scars. I definitely recommend this product, and be sure to moisturize when using!!"

Maddyoll (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used differen when it first arrived on the market. I'm a black woman btw. stopped cause it was making my face peel. Maybe five years later the derm told me use it again along with doxy pills and it cleared my skin up without flaking this time. Every time I stop using it for a while I get acne again I'm 25 and I still get breakouts depending on what I'm eating( I love junk). I think I will stick with It and not go long without using it even for tiny pimples. Only had the flaking and burning the very first time using so my advice to newbies is to not use as much when U r just starting it. And take care of your Insides. Stay hydrated Your skin must get used to it for it to work. No more doxy only this gel. Skin is supple again!"

Buzzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "(A little background on my skin, I get a pimple here and there and overall have pretty normal skin) I saw a commercial for Differin and immediately went online to buy it, I thought that the product sounded great for the price! After I purchased it I started looking into side effects and reviews on the product. They were pretty mixed with some people saying they loved it and others saying they hated it but the main thoughts were that it might make your breakouts worse for a few months then get better, and it can make your skin dry and sensitive. Well let me tell you I used this product as directed for 3 nights in a row and it gave me a chemical type burn on my face, my skin is flaking off and I am using a TON on moisturizer to try to keep it as hydrated as I can, and it hurts to even touch my face. And I don't mean like when your skin is dry type of flaking off, I mean like worse sun burn in your life type of flaking off. I also have a pretty high pain tolerance and anytime I touched my face, took my makeup off, put makeup on, or used my moisturizer it felt like 10,000 needles stabbing me in my face while getting burned by a hot iron. I have now stopped using the product and two days later my skin is still the same; flaking, red, and hurting like no other. Do NOT use this product unless you are ready for some serious pain and skin damage."

cmf979 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I started getting acne in my early 20's and by 27 I was suffering from cystic acne.. In total I'd say I've tried 20 or more treatments without improving. I did two courses of accutane without improvement... about a year later I went to a new dermatologist and was prescribed differin gel. After three months my face was perfect.. no acne, no scars. Don't even judge it for two months... waiting isn't fun but discouragement can lead to quitting... don't quit you won't regret it... my skin did get dry and sensitive but got better within a month or so... don't scrub, use excessive products and use moisturizer... seriously perfect skin!!"

Sharing247 February 12, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "FP prescribed this to me while I was on waitlist for dermatologist... I've used this for 7 months now. I still have a lot of acne, although less. The dermatologist prescribed me Alysena (BCP) to use with differin xp. Three months later, I had little improvement so she also prescribed a topical antibiotic (aczone gel) which she told me to apply with Differin. *** I still use differin because it has completely removed my blackheads (they used to be HUGE and very noticeable) *** . My skin is also much drier now."

torororororo February 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "It will worsen for the first two weeks. After that , you'll clear up. Believe me I had the worst acne and I had never had this before in my entire life. My face was full of big , cystic acne , a lot of pustules and they're really awful! I am into adapalene 0.3 % for 6 weeks now and I am literally close to clear skin. I had a slight skin discoloration due to the scarring but I can see that a lot of these had faded. PATIENCE AND CONSISTENCY are the keys. Stick to it and have faith and you'll clear in no time. I love this product."

Rio1015 February 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I'm 21 years old and started having acne about 10 months ago, it wasn't just a pimple here or there, they were everywhere. For the majority they focused on my forehead. 7 months ago I went on a gluten free diet, started adapalene, and used a 10% benzol peroxide wash in the shower after work. Since the use of this routine my acne has cleared up. I get the rare pimple here and there but nothing that changes my life style or self esteem. This product did wonders for my skin. I used adapalene 0.1%."

Jason5649855 February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Its been over a month using the over the counter. I posted previously. I had started out using once every three days and then went to every two days to make sure no issues. Skin got very dry at first. Apply each evening about two hours before going to bed. In the AM I apply Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 35 and re-apply as needed. Had several blackheads mature during the month. Some were under the skin surface. All gone. A few whiteheads. Skin has calmed down considerable. Skin seems healthier. No longer use Benzoyl Peroxide."

JoePot February 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I started using Differin last January in 2016. It was prescribed by my dermatologist together with antibiotics, and I have to say - it's the best ever! I don't know if it was because of the antibiotics, but my acne healed in less than three months and the only thing I had to worry about was the scars. The only (common) side effect I had was dry, scaly skin. Doctor told me it was fine during our second checkup, so he gave me moisturiser. (Side note: I've been moisturising my face since young but I didn't dare to aggravate my skin so I stopped) And I love the fact that Differin does not discolour clothings and bedsheets. Before this I was using Duac, it was also beneficial to my acne but it discoloured my favourite bedsheet horribly!"

Pei Yan (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have only been using Differin for a few days. I have seen a big difference from other regions I have been using. Today, I had a breakout. Like the one I orginally got that sent me to the doctor. I spoke with the pharmacist. She had told me that this particular medication tends to get worse before it gets better. Being hopeful I am still using my Finacea in the mornings and my Metronidazole topical in the afternoons and the Differin before bed. All the while taking the prescribed medication as well. Also always use an additional moisturizer because these all like to dry your skin out. Another thing to add if you are on the minocycline and differin both are sensitive to sunlight. So if you go out use a moisturizer with sunblock. Roscea 1yr"

Kewl (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've been battling acne ever since I was a teenager, and now I'm 23, still battling acne until here recently. I had heard about Differin, and how adapalene can help stubborn acne. I purchased the gel about 2 weeks ago, and I must say my breakouts are almost gone. I dealt with dryness and a burning sensation the first few days, but my skin got used to it after that. What helps is washing your face, applying moisturizer, and THEN applying the differin. This makes it less harsh for the skin. I can't wait to see how my skin will look in 2 months. Don't give up on this stuff, it's a work in progress."

Foreveryoung22 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "At first when I started using it, I had really terrible dry peeling skin and it burned so much. Your doctor will tell you that it works in a few months but that was not the case for me. I just kept using it because I was not done with the tube and at about 6 months, I was about 80% clear. Right now I am at 8 months and only have a few pimples which can be easily treated with benzoyl peroxide or sacyllic acid. However, if I stop use for an extended period of time, acne gets worse. Adapolene is useful, but the side affects at the start are really terrible and include peeling skin and more pimples. To combat, make you sure to get a moisturizer especially for dry skin."

greagre12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017