User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne 147 reviews 525 medications

7.3
Summary of Adapalene reviews 147 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Adapalene

For Acne: "I have very fair skin and my dermatologist prescribed me adapalene because I had hormonal acne. After less than a week of using this cream, I got dry, painful eczema like patches in places I didn't even put the cream. I can't put lotion on the spots to make them better because it stings. I would not recommend this cream to anybody with fair skin"

103248392039 November 27, 2016

For Acne: "HORRIBLE!! This should be taken off the market!! I've had a rash, red peeling all over even where I dont put it. White heads worse than ever... No, just no. My skin burns all the time. IT DOES NOT WORK. I have noticed girls with darker skin or tan skin seem to like this. Those like me with whiter than white skin its wretched on. This is not for all skin types that us for sure. If you want clear skin and have white skin that burns stay away from this waste of money."

Samrealtortexasyahoo.com (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

For Acne: "My skin broke out with worse acne while using Differin 0.1%. I applied the cream to my entire face before bed for two weeks and my face started breaking out in places where it didn't before. I continued to use it despite the bad reaction because other people mentioned in their reviews that there's a "purging stage" and after months of it getting worse, it's supposed to get better. But after my skin got worse after the first week, then during the second week it continued to get even worse and caused me to break out with eczema around my eyes, nose, and mouth. I have never had eczema before in my life until I used this cream. My face looks like I've had a bad eczema and acne now. I've decided to stop using it so hopefully my face will heal."

Lifeishardaf November 16, 2016

For Acne: "This cream has ruined my life! About 2 years ago I had pretty moderate acne and my dermatologist prescribed me adapalene (differin) gel. Now before this I had perfectly white skin which almost never got red. After a few weeks of the drug I of course got little red patches around my face which I expected because I was told that's what would happen. Low and behold my acne goes away so I stop using the cream to make the redness go away. But it only got worse and worse and now two years later, my arms, neck, and face are all constantly red. DO NOT USE ADAPALENE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, IT WILL RUIN YOUR SKIN."

Depressedredman November 11, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have had a horrible experience with this cream. my face is so painfully dry even in the spots I didn't put the cream. my eyes, the crease under my lip, my nose and the corners of my lips are so dry there is now even blisters developing. It hurts to put anything on besides coconut oil but that's not helping and I am at a loss."

kathrynmacd November 8, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had too many pimples all over my face. They were little ones, and black heads as well. I live in one of the hottest countries in the world where the sun is available throughout the year. Sandstorms occur often which made dirts stick to my face and produce more pimples. I went to the dermatologist he prescribed Differin 0.1 and Bepantene (whatever how it spells). I've been using differin since August nightly before I sleep. Now in November I literally have zero pimples in my face and the redness is gone. I'm really satisfied. Literally all you need in patience for results. Bepantene was prescribed for me for the scars and as a moisturiser, since differin drys the face (just a little). Even tho I don't have ac I highly recommend it."

Kabdalaziz (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2016

For Acne: "I'm on my 3rd with of using Adapalene 0.1%. Hormonal acne I think. Now on my third week I'm really breaking out but day by day I do see improvements. Some of my scarring has faded..even my sun spots! I use it daily just because my skin can tolerate it and I did use retinol for a year before this. Be patient! I wash my face with african black soap at night and exfoliate gently every other day and I apply adapalene 20 min after. In the morning I rinse my face with water, use apple cider vinegar as toner, moisturize and apply sunscreen. Over washing is bad as it removes your natural oils. I would suggest cutting out dairy and greatly limiting fried and greasy foods and sugar. I think my acne all along has been a product of consuming dairy."

It will work... November 4, 2016

For Acne: "Adapalene gel completely changed my life! I was prescribed adapalene gel .1% for the night time and clindamycin lotion 1% every morning. At the beginning, I would also use 10% benzoyl peroxide as well. I had many clogged pores on my forehead and chin. I would often get cystic acne on my chin (sometimes forehead and cheeks). My acne did flare up slightly in the beginning but it wasn't that bad. I was told it would get worse before it gets better and they were right! Exactly around 8 weeks, my acne was basically gone! Now it is November and I started this treatment at the beginning of August and my skin has never looked better! Definitely give this product a try"

Rachel34513 November 2, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Started differin almost 2 months ago. I had some cystic on the chin and some pimples on the cheeks before starting differin (i.e, mild acne). 3 weeks after starting differin, I started to get a bunch of whiteheads on one side of my cheek. It wasn't that noticeable until 1-2 weeks (4-5 weeks in) that the whiteheads became incredibly noticeable - very raised, incredibly itchy. The whiteheads eventually became pimples, meaning that I had 5-6 pimples in this little patch. Worst acne I have ever had (I am assuming this is the initial breakout period). 8 weeks on differin now, and that one side and spot of my cheek that had all those whiteheads has cleared up >50%. Can't wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks! Hopefully acne free!"

Tee2346 October 22, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This cream has been amazing for me. At first I wasn't seeing anything good except more spots, and sore skin. My boyfriend said why am I using cream to make me look worse. But I knew you had to stick at it. I got frustrated so I applied peroxide as well which was great to rid the spots fast but meant my skin all flaked off. That was horible at the time but got rid of every scar and blemish. Like a chemical peel I guess. Then 2 months in I really noticed the difference. Now about 4 months in and for about 2 months now I have had skin I had wished for for years. Clear, and no marks and can leave without make up. I honestly wish this was over the counter and don't get why it isn't because it would help so many more people who dont go to the gp"

Loopylou124 October 16, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 18 years old, and I was put on exactly 4 weeks ago. I have hormonal acne, and I thought it wasn't that bad before but I wanted the little bumps off of my face. Now, 4 weeks in, I don't want to leave the house. I expected the first week to burn and break out and even the second week, but now that I'm on week 4, my skin is red, broken out still, and nothing is going away or healing. Don't take this. It hasn't worked for me at all."

j_fields (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel has been horrific for my skin. As a result of taking it I have come up with an allergic reaction on my neck and around my eyes which is so painful, itchy and red. I really wouldn't recommend trying it unless you are really desperate. I have read a lot of other reviews where people said this happened to them too - but the GP never informed me of the potential side effects."

Laura DB October 12, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I really wanted to believe that this would get rid of my acne, but unfortunately it hasn't. I was prescribed the creme about three or four months ago and have been applying this to my face every night, but it hasn't really helped clear my acne nor my acne scars. The first month it seemed to clear up my skin a tiny bit, but not significantly. After that, my skin returned to the same state as before I started Differin - maybe even worse. I'm so bummed, I just need a miracle to make me feel good about myself again ... Can't even look in the mirror without feeling disgust."

Lisa Yan October 8, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Struggled with acne for years, and this has honestly been a miracle worker. I've tried many different treatments (different strengths of benzoyl peroxide, oxytetracycline and limecycline) and I decided to use Differin before trying BC or accutane, and I'm so glad I did! The first week was tough, because my skin peeled rather a lot and felt extremely dry. However, I didn't experience any "purging", and the dryness was easily solved with a light moisturiser. After about 2 weeks, my skin was significantly clearer, and was no where near as dry as before. The gel has been the best treatment I've used by far, and I strongly encourage you to persevere with it as it's a game changer! My skin is now really clear and I have so much more confidence!"

mary76549 September 25, 2016

For Acne: "I definitely recommend Adapalene Gel. I have had acne for the past 3-5 years. I am 29. I never had acne like this before this time period. I was skeptical at first but now I can leave the house without trying to unsuccessfully cover my redness, scarring, and pimples. The scarring is still there but it is faint. There are only 2 small negatives I experienced while taking it ...1. When my face sweats (wearing a hat, being in a hot room, or working out) it just burns badly. 2. When I started it my face felt like it was on fire a lot. Initially. I switched to every other day when using it. Now I use it before bed w CeraVe moisturizer. I only use 1 PEA size for my entire face. Don't over do it. It'll help you just need to be patient. :)"

KellsBells160 September 19, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've had a great experience with Differin gel. I was prescribed Differin for acne that got worse as an adult. When I was 31, the acne was so severe that I felt like a teenager. The first week was hard. My skin was very dry to the point where flakes would fall off when I touched my face. I used moisturizer in the morning, and would still flake all day. After about a week, the dryness completely went away. I've been using this product for a few weeks now and have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. My acne is clearing up, and my skin has a smoothness that it has never had before. My skin is combination/oily, and it feels a little oilier now. I'm okay with that - with the smoothness of my skin, it looks dewy and clear."

Kittymeowxcore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Acne: "At first, I hated adapelene. It made me break out WAY WORSE than I ever have before. I usually just had a few whiteheads here and there (especially around that time of the month), but when I first got on adapelene, I got cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. It was very very painful and I was very mad I even started it in the first place. After about six weeks, it started to slowly get better, but I still had worse acne than before I started. My dermo put me on acticlate (pill) along with the adapelene gel to have a quick fix. It took a few weeks, but now (11th week on adapelene) my face is starting to be very clear!!!! I am very happy with how my face looks now, but I did have to go through a long period of awful, painful puring first"

kristen123456 September 12, 2016

For Acne: "I've had cystic acne since my early twenties; I am 32 now. I am using adapalene 0.1 gel. It has taken 6 months to see great results. I do believe that by 8 months, my leftover hyperpigmentation will be pretty much gone. I kept a journal from day one noting progress and my emotions about the journey. There were days when it was bad and days when I thought my face was finally clearing; then more pimples would surface. I wanted to give up at times, but I stuck it out. Make sure you wear sunscreen. If you don't and get sunburn the pain is really bad. Everyone is different. It may take more or less time for it to work for you. I finally have confidence and wear very little makeup. I am so thankful for this product."

ByouAK August 22, 2016

For Acne: "I ve been using frm last 1 week..its gud 4 acne"

Faiizzaaaaaa August 19, 2016

For Acne: "I have been taking adapalene for just over 3months now. I was very wary about starting having read a lot of negative reviews of it online, which focus a lot on the breakthrough stage of the medicine. This is something that I definitely experienced myself, with my acne worsening at first (for me this lasted 3-4weeks though for some it seems a lot shorter - more like 1-2weeks). This was a really uncomfortable period of time, in which I felt very self-conscious (even more so than before). However, IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT. 3mnths in and my skin is acne FREE. There is scarring still, but I was getting painful cysts and now it's just the occasional normal spot. This has made such a difference to my life. 100% glad I persevered."

Plagued by acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Acne: "Did not help , even a little."

Anonymous August 16, 2016

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This has worked wonders! A little rough for the first couple months, but even then my cystic acne lessened and the pimples I did have were raised and easy to get rid of. Stick it out for 3-4 months and you'll see!"

Kristin0823 August 12, 2016

For Acne: "I am 15 years old and have had acne in my t zone area with the occasional cluster on my cheeks for about a year and a half. I have been subscribed 0.3% adapalene gel and am so frustrated with it! The first three weeks blew my mind in how clear my skin was, but now my acne is worse than ever! My little bumps that I had on my forhead have now turned into big bumps. I have now read the reviews and see that it gets worse before it gets better, so I hope that is he case with me. It had been about a month and a half. I have also noticed my eyelids and corner of my mouth being very dry and peeling. My skin burns when I apply moisturizer sometimes but I fight through the pain."

Kalllll August 9, 2016

For Acne: "I never had breakouts before even after I've hit puberty. That was until I've turned 15 (I hit my puberty at 11), I have had the worst breakout! At first, I started noticing that my pimples had popped up more often than it usually did, I thought it would go away by time and didn't put much of the effort to try and get rid of it. It goes from 1 to 4 and from 4 to 8 and then it just keeps on multiplying until boom! Acnes covered up my whole face with inflammated pimples. I cleared it once but then it came back two months ago, that's when I started to use the adapalene gel. I've been using it for two weeks now, and my skin is getting better. At the first week, my skin had started peeling, and I think it's a good thing. The redness decreases to"

Miraiyukinari August 2, 2016

For Acne: "So I've been using Dervia C gel for the past 3 weeks along with doxycycline caps that were prescribed by my doc and based on these comments I've seen which is bad experience I've failed to have with this gel 1 at age 28 I have serious acne issues with the bumps and spots there for everyone to see and its even worst with my period 2 so far using it is one of the best product so far no peeling or drying of my face no nothing and 3 the spots and bumps are really fading when i wash my face it feels soooo soft and smooth. I still have a little bumps which is on my jaw line so I'll focus there and one more thing the instructions i got how to use my gel is use ir sparingly on the affected area at nights I don't user it in the day"

Rondaserenity (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016