User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne 243 reviews 504 medications

7.2
Summary of Adapalene reviews 243 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel has been a life saver! I went off birth control last August. My acne was out of control. I tried differin and I noticed a change immediately. I've been on it since August 26th. It's now October 14th and my skin is clear and glowing. I even went off of it for a week to see if there would be a difference and all my acne did come back gradually... so I recommend this to anyone willing to try a new acne cream!! I'm Canadian and I go out of my way to pick it up in the US when I visit. My only complaint is that my skin is a little dry, just moisturize an hour after application to reduce sensitivity."

KARAROSE13 October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I tried a lot of things for my acne and none of them had worked before differin gel. It's irritating to have acne at 34 years old. I didn't think anything would help. Differin gel was affordable and I could get it at Walmart so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. This is the first thing that worked for me. You only need a very small amount and you only need to apply it once a day. Any more than that and it will burn your skin. It's a small tube but but it lasts a long time. I would highly recommend it."

MomOf5K34 October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I've been using Adapalene since the beginning of August and my skin is terrible! I haven't had breakouts like this since high school (I'm 32). Blackheads and cysts everywhere. I've never had a problem with those in particular. This is month 3 and I'm just ready to give up on it. I'm also taking 100mg Minocycline. I'm not sure if it's the combination together or just one. I don't want to continue using this and would not recommend to anyone."

NurseBama October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "My face was actually looking pretty good for a while. I wanted to totally clear my face so I got on proactiv MD with adapalene gel 1%. So far it has only made my face break out more. I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks now. What should I do?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Its been almost a month and It's making my acne worse. Worst in my forehead area. I've been having acne for almost 4 years and didn't try any medication. I started using this as directed by the dermatologist. To say the truth I'm tired of answering the same question people ask me everyday. Whats wrong with your face!!! But Honestly I feel although my acne is getting worse my face is lightning up and it's much softer than before. So I know it's working out. I'm having new breakouts everyday but I clearly see a difference others fail to see. So I'm hoping to continue this as I think it will work out sooner as I have also seen reviews. Sweating will make your face itchy if this is applied causing more breakouts."

D.D.D October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've only been using this gel for a few days and I can see a major difference. I have very sensitive skin so when I saw the reviews I got a little nervous, so when I tried it I was ready for red skin and rashes, but nothing happened. Within the next few days I saw a major improvement, which shocked me! I've used a lot of acne treatments and none of them worked, but within the first couple of days I could see my pimples going away! I don't think this is supposed to help with blackheads or whiteheads, but this is still totally worth it! And who knows maybe if I keep using it, it will help with them. I highly recommend this product to anyone with acne problems!"

Sabby C October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "It works magic!! The first two weeks, I had outbreaks and my skin was terribly dry. I even considered quitting it. However, my friend is a doctor and he advised me to stick to it. It's one month now and at the moment I don't have any more new pimples. My skin has never been so clear before. Depending your condition, I use it together with Clindamycine lotion 1% FNA, an antibiotic topical liquid, during the day to clear up any localized bacteria. I'm so happy now and but I hope I can stop using it after a few months. Anyone with post treatment experience to share is appreciated."

Tuan_tran (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "At first when I used it, it was really terrible. My skin got worse and I also got dry patches all over my face and it made me less confident seriously! But I have been using it for almost 2 months now, I can really see the difference on my face. I've already read a lot of reviews, some said that when you use it for about 6 months then you'll see the perfect results. And that's what I'm actually trying to do. My skin is not the best for now ,but I'm sure it will eventually be gone. Thanks to adapalene! And this was actually recommended by my dermatologist. My skin has a lot of whiteheads going on on my forehead and chin but it really lessen up."

Hi hehe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I am a guy with a moderate acne case and oily skin. Since 2nd year high school, I'm already suffering from acne. Now that I am 24 and working, these pimples are making me less confident. Sometimes, I don't want to go to work anymore. I have tried a lot of OTC products to eliminate pimples but none of them worked. It is already my 1 month and 5 days using adapalene 0.3 gel and to be honest, it's making my acne even worse. I'm having a lot of acne in my cheeks especially on my forehead which never happened to me before. However, I am still using it. Am gonna give time for it to work on me since I am reading a lot of reviews advising to just wait. Btw, I am using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser as my facial wash. Will keep you guys posted!"

LettuceBoy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Excellent product. Cleared my acne in 1 week. You have to follow the instructions to avoid skin irritation and limit Sun exposure."

LeeGood1 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I had been using products that contained benzoyl peroxide to control my acne. When I heard that the FDA had approved adapalene for over-the-counter sales I said that I should give it a try - it used to be a prescription drug so it must be good. WRONG! I used Differin for over two weeks and all of the while my acne got continuously worse. So, I went back to benzoyl peroxide."

DAP37 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I needed to share an honest review. I got differin to get rid of these stubborn invisible pimples around my chin. Basically they're clogged pores. They appeared even though I wash my face daily and nightly and exfoliate regularly with expensive products. Then I found differin. I've been on it about 3 weeks now. Although I have gotten breakouts all over, my forehead is it's clearest it's been. The pores on my cheeks are getting smaller and clearer. My nose has practically no problem areas anymore. The invisible pimples/clogged pores are subsiding dramatically. I am getting breakouts in those areas but my face looks radiant anyway."

Cheetos August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "My doctor prescribed this to me for my cystic acne that I've been having for years now and it has given me low self-esteem and low confidence, but after being on this for 3 months there is a CLEAR difference in my skin. I don't really break out anymore unless its that time of the month and I did not go through a purge face personally, but my acne remained in the same condition for about a month and a half of using the medicine. So my advice is just to be patient, stick to ONE facial routine and do your research on the products you are using. The results are definitely worth the wait. You can do it! And try to stay off antibiotics because they are internally harmful over long periods of time and they will break you out once you come off them."

Bryton August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I began to have breakouts after the mastectomies...had to take hormonal pills. I tried so many things, went to dermotologist and tried stuff. What really worked was a skin regimen and taking a low does antibiotic (doxycycline) Then my daughter told me about Differin. I have been on this for almost 3 months. There has been some good clearing up, dry patches where the blemishes were. My face is very oily and so this didn't bother me. I never moisturize because of the oil..all of them make my skin break out even more. Expect to have some breakouts as you get used to this. I am almost down to the wire, things are clearing up slowly but surely. Medicare doesn't not cover lots of meds like this so OTC"

wirewizard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Love this stuff!! I have been using it for a month and my skin is less oily and definitely starting to look clear. I am still in the purging phase. Keep sticking it out though. I still get breakouts during that time of the month, but they are not too bad. I occasionally get cycstic acne, I believe I only get them when I accidentally have gluten. Differin helps the breakouts for sure!"

Aq25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used this acne gel before. First time by itself. It irritated my skin. My skin was red, dry and patchy. I stopped, thinking maybe this was like a reaction. To later find out, it takes a little while to get used to. But as for the second time, I used the whole range. The cleanser, the gel, and the moisturizer. Then I started to see the difference everyone has been raving about. It has been only 3 weeks, but my skin is softer and less patchier. My forehead acne has completely gone away. But my chin cystic acne is apparent. But it had definitely gotten smaller. However, this product made me break out like never before. Basically my whole face, became a white head central. But it is working. My acne marks, scars, acne are less apparent."

SorryNotSorry August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I tell ya. The differin gel I was prescribed at the dermatologist, worked great. But the differin gel that is now available in stores, like walmart. HORRIBLE. Not the same at all. Different color as well. 12 dollars down the drain."

Chuly (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Well I've only been using this face med for a few days and my skin burns and is super dry!!! I put it on at night go to bed and wash my face in the am and apply makeup but I can't wear makeup because as soon as I apply it my face burns very bad. What do I do? Had Anyone experienced this"

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had really bad dark marks from acne scarring . My dermatologist perscribed me this and not only did it clear up my acne it cleared up my dark marks as well. My face is so clear and I can actually leave the house without make up and feel confident. :)"

Ambr'e July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had to stop using this product very early on because it ruined my skin. It made my skin unbelievably dry, and made me breakout on my forehead worse than it had in 5 years. I also developed red blotches all over my face. Don't buy this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Patience, patience, patience! I have been using this product for 14 weeks. The first two months were awful. Had tiny little white heads ALL over my face. Add my cystic acne into the mix, and you can imagine how upset I was. I honestly felt like stopping this product, but decided that I'd tried it for 2 months and wanted my skin to get used to a routine. I AM SO GLAD I WAITED IT OUT! I currently only have one, YES ONE active pimple on my jawline. I have suffered from acne since I was 22. I'll be 27 in a few months so this is honestly a miracle for me. Don't give up, guys. It took me 14 weeks to finally see clear, beautiful skin again!"

Natashaishereeeeeee July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Ask your doctor to put you on a pill called "Minocycline Hcl Er". I take the 90mg and it does wonders combined. It does come with the side effects of headaches but it didn't last more than a week. The pill is very small and takes about a month to see results. I used the pill for less than 6 months before and my skin was glowing!! But, I stopped and I broke out again from using an oil for my hair. The two together is the best! I drink nothing but alkaline water. I use ACURE facial cleansing crème argan oil + mint, Burt's Bees intense hydration cream cleanser w/ clary sage then apply the adapalene. My sensitive skin loves it!"

loueci (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've been using OTC Differin gel for a month or so and so far so good. I had been dealing with weird small white heads that were repeatedly erupting around my nose and upper cheeks which were leaving small holes :/ I could've sworn I had an overgrowth of the common demodex mite, that we all have, but since I take an immunosuppressant for my RA, it was getting out of control. I began putting a drop or two of tea tree oil in my cleanser ( Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser) and a pea sized amount of the Differin gel every night and I've noticed a huge difference. I barely get those whiteheads and it appears the holes are less noticeable. I also change my pillow case every other night but will continue with this regimen!"

Ellenajs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Had my derma check up for my moderate acne on cheek and chin and she prescribed me this (Adapalene) Differin Gel 0.3. For the first week I saw a little improvement on my cheek as the tiny pimples somehow disappear. By the way I have some cystic acne on cheek and chin. For the following weeks as I saw the improvement, suddenly came the breakouts on my 4th month. Hoping this is the breakout I've read before the clearing process of the medication. Is anybody here that had the same situation before?"

Jhoanna23A June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel is amazing, if you didn't stick it out for a full 8 weeks with this, then you are missing out. This gel has a purge faze that lasted about 6 weeks for me with extremely dry flaky skin, then very oily breakouts worse that what I was trying to cure, but I bought the moisturizer which is a must and stuck it out. I put this on at night after the moisturizer, and wash it off in my morning shower. Do not leave this on your face and go out in the sun, it says so on the packaging and could cause chemical like burns. I absolutely love this product!"

Kendall15 June 25, 2017