User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne 232 reviews 504 medications

7.3
Summary of Adapalene reviews 232 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I needed to share an honest review. I got differin to get rid of these stubborn invisible pimples around my chin. Basically they're clogged pores. They appeared even though I wash my face daily and nightly and exfoliate regularly with expensive products. Then I found differin. I've been on it about 3 weeks now. Although I have gotten breakouts all over, my forehead is it's clearest it's been. The pores on my cheeks are getting smaller and clearer. My nose has practically no problem areas anymore. The invisible pimples/clogged pores are subsiding dramatically. I am getting breakouts in those areas but my face looks radiant anyway."

Cheetos August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "My doctor prescribed this to me for my cystic acne that I've been having for years now and it has given me low self-esteem and low confidence, but after being on this for 3 months there is a CLEAR difference in my skin. I don't really break out anymore unless its that time of the month and I did not go through a purge face personally, but my acne remained in the same condition for about a month and a half of using the medicine. So my advice is just to be patient, stick to ONE facial routine and do your research on the products you are using. The results are definitely worth the wait. You can do it! And try to stay off antibiotics because they are internally harmful over long periods of time and they will break you out once you come off them."

Bryton August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I began to have breakouts after the mastectomies...had to take hormonal pills. I tried so many things, went to dermotologist and tried stuff. What really worked was a skin regimen and taking a low does antibiotic (doxycycline) Then my daughter told me about Differin. I have been on this for almost 3 months. There has been some good clearing up, dry patches where the blemishes were. My face is very oily and so this didn't bother me. I never moisturize because of the oil..all of them make my skin break out even more. Expect to have some breakouts as you get used to this. I am almost down to the wire, things are clearing up slowly but surely. Medicare doesn't not cover lots of meds like this so OTC"

wirewizard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Love this stuff!! I have been using it for a month and my skin is less oily and definitely starting to look clear. I am still in the purging phase. Keep sticking it out though. I still get breakouts during that time of the month, but they are not too bad. I occasionally get cycstic acne, I believe I only get them when I accidentally have gluten. Differin helps the breakouts for sure!"

Aq25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used this acne gel before. First time by itself. It irritated my skin. My skin was red, dry and patchy. I stopped, thinking maybe this was like a reaction. To later find out, it takes a little while to get used to. But as for the second time, I used the whole range. The cleanser, the gel, and the moisturizer. Then I started to see the difference everyone has been raving about. It has been only 3 weeks, but my skin is softer and less patchier. My forehead acne has completely gone away. But my chin cystic acne is apparent. But it had definitely gotten smaller. However, this product made me break out like never before. Basically my whole face, became a white head central. But it is working. My acne marks, scars, acne are less apparent."

SorryNotSorry August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I tell ya. The differin gel I was prescribed at the dermatologist, worked great. But the differin gel that is now available in stores, like walmart. HORRIBLE. Not the same at all. Different color as well. 12 dollars down the drain."

Chuly (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Well I've only been using this face med for a few days and my skin burns and is super dry!!! I put it on at night go to bed and wash my face in the am and apply makeup but I can't wear makeup because as soon as I apply it my face burns very bad. What do I do? Had Anyone experienced this"

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had really bad dark marks from acne scarring . My dermatologist perscribed me this and not only did it clear up my acne it cleared up my dark marks as well. My face is so clear and I can actually leave the house without make up and feel confident. :)"

Ambr'e July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I had to stop using this product very early on because it ruined my skin. It made my skin unbelievably dry, and made me breakout on my forehead worse than it had in 5 years. I also developed red blotches all over my face. Don't buy this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Patience, patience, patience! I have been using this product for 14 weeks. The first two months were awful. Had tiny little white heads ALL over my face. Add my cystic acne into the mix, and you can imagine how upset I was. I honestly felt like stopping this product, but decided that I'd tried it for 2 months and wanted my skin to get used to a routine. I AM SO GLAD I WAITED IT OUT! I currently only have one, YES ONE active pimple on my jawline. I have suffered from acne since I was 22. I'll be 27 in a few months so this is honestly a miracle for me. Don't give up, guys. It took me 14 weeks to finally see clear, beautiful skin again!"

Natashaishereeeeeee July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Ask your doctor to put you on a pill called "Minocycline Hcl Er". I take the 90mg and it does wonders combined. It does come with the side effects of headaches but it didn't last more than a week. The pill is very small and takes about a month to see results. I used the pill for less than 6 months before and my skin was glowing!! But, I stopped and I broke out again from using an oil for my hair. The two together is the best! I drink nothing but alkaline water. I use ACURE facial cleansing crème argan oil + mint, Burt's Bees intense hydration cream cleanser w/ clary sage then apply the adapalene. My sensitive skin loves it!"

loueci (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've been using OTC Differin gel for a month or so and so far so good. I had been dealing with weird small white heads that were repeatedly erupting around my nose and upper cheeks which were leaving small holes :/ I could've sworn I had an overgrowth of the common demodex mite, that we all have, but since I take an immunosuppressant for my RA, it was getting out of control. I began putting a drop or two of tea tree oil in my cleanser ( Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser) and a pea sized amount of the Differin gel every night and I've noticed a huge difference. I barely get those whiteheads and it appears the holes are less noticeable. I also change my pillow case every other night but will continue with this regimen!"

Ellenajs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Had my derma check up for my moderate acne on cheek and chin and she prescribed me this (Adapalene) Differin Gel 0.3. For the first week I saw a little improvement on my cheek as the tiny pimples somehow disappear. By the way I have some cystic acne on cheek and chin. For the following weeks as I saw the improvement, suddenly came the breakouts on my 4th month. Hoping this is the breakout I've read before the clearing process of the medication. Is anybody here that had the same situation before?"

Jhoanna23A June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel is amazing, if you didn't stick it out for a full 8 weeks with this, then you are missing out. This gel has a purge faze that lasted about 6 weeks for me with extremely dry flaky skin, then very oily breakouts worse that what I was trying to cure, but I bought the moisturizer which is a must and stuck it out. I put this on at night after the moisturizer, and wash it off in my morning shower. Do not leave this on your face and go out in the sun, it says so on the packaging and could cause chemical like burns. I absolutely love this product!"

Kendall15 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I've been on this for a week and half and my face is worse than it's ever been, should I stop it? Idk what to do!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've only been on Differin for about 3 weeks now but I've been noticing huge improvements. I am going through an initial breakout but haven't experienced any burning or drying, not even the first few days. I use a cerave foaming cleanser, rinse, and immediately apply my moisturizer to my wet skin in the shower (to avoid water loss). I then apply aquaphor to the skin around my lips, nostrils, eyes. My dermatologist refers to this as preparing the orifaces (to avoid any irritation or dryness). I then dot the differin around my face and rub it in. In the morning, I wash my face with a 0.5% salicylic acid wash from Murad and apply a physical sunscreen (I use cerave's)"

Cwebs1101 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have been using Adapalene since February 2017 and it is now June 2017. Before starting it, I had very moderate to light breakouts that would only come up on my chin. My derm prescribed this in efforts to get rid of the breakouts and clogged pores on my chin. Four months later, my skin has never been this bad and I'm left with scarring. I do not recommend this product to anyone who has mild acne. I took this along with Doxycycline and have only seen my skin get worse. At first, I thought that the purge stage was happening and "it had to get worse before it got better" but now, it seems that the purge stage never ended."

RCollins13 June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "When I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing helped my face to prevent breakouts and the scarring left behind until now. My mom bought this for me and with thin three days, yes three days, my face looked so good! It was only $15 too, Iv'e been to two dermatologists and whatever they prescribed me made my skin worst. Anything over the counter also made my skin worst over the years. Definitely worth a try and also no burning or irritation for me!"

Renee 1872 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "In August 2016 my face broke out really badly and I had a ton of little dots all over my face. I was prescribed adapalene 3%. When I first started using it it made my face peel it was so dry. I started using it with the ELF face moisturizer and it got a little better. My face was extremely red, acne filled, and painful for a couple of months. BUT in December of 2016 my face was completely acne free. This stuff makes your skin worse before it gets better but if you're patient with it it is so worth it! My nightly routine is to wash my face, apply the adapalene, and then apply persa gel 10% on top. Then in the morning I use a gentle oil free face wash and the ELF moisturizer. Now (June 2017) I only get a pimple or 2 when I'm PMSing."

10yearacnesufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using Differin gel for about a week now and I can honestly say that this is THE BEST product that I have ever used for my face. I am 31 and I have had issues with breakouts since puberty. Within 3 days I noticed that my face was clearing up. Since this product is working so well for me I will have my 12 year old use it as well... I LOVE THIS STUFF"

One Happy Customer (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using differin for 15 weeks and this is the best my skin has looked in years. And I am excited that it'll keep getting better from here. The Initial breakout phase was terrible! So for anyone going through that now... keep going, there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel!! Antibiotics won't hurt too!!!"

GettingBetterEveryday June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I'm 24 and have mild to moderate acne on my chin and red hyperpigmentation spots from old pimples. I've tried benzoyl peroxide and salicyicate acid, but this is more effective and also helps with hyperpigmentation from old acne. I also prefer not to take a pill (antibiotics, accutane) to treat acne. I was excited to find this over the counter. The first 3 days I used it, my acne got worse. Within a week, however, my pimples dried up. It is very effective. I gave 9/10 and not 10/10 because my face has been very dry, and sometimes it burns a little. This is a normal side effect I expect to get better with using it more. You can use this every other night if your skin gets too dry."

Best topical acne medication (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Been on adapalene (differin) for nearly 4 years now. Its a god send. I started getting acne in my early 20's and it ruined my life at the time. I tried every OTC product you could think of. Went to dermatologist who prescribed adapalene 0.1 Gel since I have stupidly sensitive skin. First few months the side effects were skin peeling and my very favourite, redness. Every time I blushed my face would look like a tomato, every time I was embarrassed, tired, any sort of emotion my face would turn bright red! At first I thought there was something wrong with me but the doc said it was the gel. The side effects went away over time tho. I do get acne still from time to time but nothing the gel cant handle. I would recommend."

Em_Louise23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I had severe acne when I was a teenager and took oral retinoids (accutane) for a year. Clear skin for a few years, and then the acne was back in a more mild version. I am applying a pea sized amount of adaferin 0.1 for two months now and my skin went from mild acne-> very dry skin AND acne-> just dry skin-> normal skin with a few scars and occasional hormonal pimple. I apply a pea sized amount of the cream in all of my face (my dermatologist said a lentil in each cheek), after I have removed make up and have washed it with a mild soap (NO scrubs). You have to wait to apply the cream after you wash your face (15 min). Wait a little bit more and apply moisturiser if needed. DO NOT use locally just on one pimple. It works for preventing."

elva2882 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "hi guys, I've been on differin gel exactly a month already, when I started using it my skin got worse, I had the initial breakout, and my acne are going away, but they're leaving some blemishes. I don't feel like it's going to get any better, I'm hoping to see good results in 3 months, but sometimes I kinda don't believe that it is ever going to happen, has anyone gone through DIFFERIN GEL for 3 months and had good results? I'm 19 and I had a acne treatment 3 years ago and I got rid of all acne but now it is back! Please someone tell me this is going to work. Lol"

Haeser May 26, 2017