User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne 219 reviews 562 medications

7.3
Summary of Adapalene reviews 219 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Adapalene

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel is amazing, if you didn't stick it out for a full 8 weeks with this, then you are missing out. This gel has a purge faze that lasted about 6 weeks for me with extremely dry flaky skin, then very oily breakouts worse that what I was trying to cure, but I bought the moisturizer which is a must and stuck it out. I put this on at night after the moisturizer, and wash it off in my morning shower. Do not leave this on your face and go out in the sun, it says so on the packaging and could cause chemical like burns. I absolutely love this product!"

Kendall15 June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I've been on this for a week and half and my face is worse than it's ever been, should I stop it? Idk what to do!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've only been on Differin for about 3 weeks now but I've been noticing huge improvements. I am going through an initial breakout but haven't experienced any burning or drying, not even the first few days. I use a cerave foaming cleanser, rinse, and immediately apply my moisturizer to my wet skin in the shower (to avoid water loss). I then apply aquaphor to the skin around my lips, nostrils, eyes. My dermatologist refers to this as preparing the orifaces (to avoid any irritation or dryness). I then dot the differin around my face and rub it in. In the morning, I wash my face with a 0.5% salicylic acid wash from Murad and apply a physical sunscreen (I use cerave's)"

Cwebs1101 June 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have been using Adapalene since February 2017 and it is now June 2017. Before starting it, I had very moderate to light breakouts that would only come up on my chin. My derm prescribed this in efforts to get rid of the breakouts and clogged pores on my chin. Four months later, my skin has never been this bad and I'm left with scarring. I do not recommend this product to anyone who has mild acne. I took this along with Doxycycline and have only seen my skin get worse. At first, I thought that the purge stage was happening and "it had to get worse before it got better" but now, it seems that the purge stage never ended."

RCollins13 June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "When I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing helped my face to prevent breakouts and the scarring left behind until now. My mom bought this for me and with thin three days, yes three days, my face looked so good! It was only $15 too, Iv'e been to two dermatologists and whatever they prescribed me made my skin worst. Anything over the counter also made my skin worst over the years. Definitely worth a try and also no burning or irritation for me!"

Renee 1872 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "In August 2016 my face broke out really badly and I had a ton of little dots all over my face. I was prescribed adapalene 3%. When I first started using it it made my face peel it was so dry. I started using it with the ELF face moisturizer and it got a little better. My face was extremely red, acne filled, and painful for a couple of months. BUT in December of 2016 my face was completely acne free. This stuff makes your skin worse before it gets better but if you're patient with it it is so worth it! My nightly routine is to wash my face, apply the adapalene, and then apply persa gel 10% on top. Then in the morning I use a gentle oil free face wash and the ELF moisturizer. Now (June 2017) I only get a pimple or 2 when I'm PMSing."

10yearacnesufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using Differin gel for about a week now and I can honestly say that this is THE BEST product that I have ever used for my face. I am 31 and I have had issues with breakouts since puberty. Within 3 days I noticed that my face was clearing up. Since this product is working so well for me I will have my 12 year old use it as well... I LOVE THIS STUFF"

One Happy Customer (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using differin for 15 weeks and this is the best my skin has looked in years. And I am excited that it'll keep getting better from here. The Initial breakout phase was terrible! So for anyone going through that now... keep going, there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel!! Antibiotics won't hurt too!!!"

GettingBetterEveryday June 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I'm 24 and have mild to moderate acne on my chin and red hyperpigmentation spots from old pimples. I've tried benzoyl peroxide and salicyicate acid, but this is more effective and also helps with hyperpigmentation from old acne. I also prefer not to take a pill (antibiotics, accutane) to treat acne. I was excited to find this over the counter. The first 3 days I used it, my acne got worse. Within a week, however, my pimples dried up. It is very effective. I gave 9/10 and not 10/10 because my face has been very dry, and sometimes it burns a little. This is a normal side effect I expect to get better with using it more. You can use this every other night if your skin gets too dry."

Best topical acne medication (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Been on adapalene (differin) for nearly 4 years now. Its a god send. I started getting acne in my early 20's and it ruined my life at the time. I tried every OTC product you could think of. Went to dermatologist who prescribed adapalene 0.1 Gel since I have stupidly sensitive skin. First few months the side effects were skin peeling and my very favourite, redness. Every time I blushed my face would look like a tomato, every time I was embarrassed, tired, any sort of emotion my face would turn bright red! At first I thought there was something wrong with me but the doc said it was the gel. The side effects went away over time tho. I do get acne still from time to time but nothing the gel cant handle. I would recommend."

Em_Louise23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I had severe acne when I was a teenager and took oral retinoids (accutane) for a year. Clear skin for a few years, and then the acne was back in a more mild version. I am applying a pea sized amount of adaferin 0.1 for two months now and my skin went from mild acne-> very dry skin AND acne-> just dry skin-> normal skin with a few scars and occasional hormonal pimple. I apply a pea sized amount of the cream in all of my face (my dermatologist said a lentil in each cheek), after I have removed make up and have washed it with a mild soap (NO scrubs). You have to wait to apply the cream after you wash your face (15 min). Wait a little bit more and apply moisturiser if needed. DO NOT use locally just on one pimple. It works for preventing."

elva2882 May 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "hi guys, I've been on differin gel exactly a month already, when I started using it my skin got worse, I had the initial breakout, and my acne are going away, but they're leaving some blemishes. I don't feel like it's going to get any better, I'm hoping to see good results in 3 months, but sometimes I kinda don't believe that it is ever going to happen, has anyone gone through DIFFERIN GEL for 3 months and had good results? I'm 19 and I had a acne treatment 3 years ago and I got rid of all acne but now it is back! Please someone tell me this is going to work. Lol"

Haeser May 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "The first 2 days of using differen gel were a little rough. My skin was super dry and I had to keep caking on the moisturizer. I took a couple days off from use and then started back daily use with no problem. I just moisturizer every morning. My skin still isn't perfect but it at least dries up the lager cystic acne. I still get blackheads around nose and small "under the skin whiteheads" around my chin. But I don't exfoliate like I should so that's my own fault."

Hlg16 May 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using the OTC differin since maybe Feb. It's been so long. Maybe about 3-4 months. Some spots like around my nose and forehead would get clear for like a day but then I keep having these massive breakouts. Really huge cystic acne on my forehead and the worse around my chin and jawline. It is much worse than when I started using this medication. I have always had hormonal acne. I'm 34 now. In teen/college years you name it I used it, except accutane. I had clear skin for about 8 months of my life. I was seeing a dermatologist and was on spiro and a retinoid. I moved states and trying to avoid the costly Dr visits but I give up, nothing OTC seems to help. After 3-4 months and now tons of scarring from it, this is back like college"

LLchick May 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "The best product. I will recommend this. My advice is to have patience with it and your acne will disappear."

Mirela13 May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've only been using this for about 5 days and I can already see very clear results! It says to not expect anything till 2 weeks but with my skin it seemed to start working overnight because the next day it was already clearer and scars had faded a bit! Bearing in mind I have very very mild acne not very noticeable just wanted this cream to prevent from getting worse. Will keep you guys updated :) would definitely recommend this for oily skin with some blackheads and mild acne or moderate acne."

Amber T (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have hormonal acne and my skins not sensitive at all. I only used this for 1 week only every other day. this stuff seriously dried my face out so bad that not only did it dry my face out and make it burn and itch like crazy but it also gave me dermatitis. Absolutely the worst product ever!!!"

Should be illegal (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Took 1-2 months for FULL improvement. 34 yo female with chronic acne since teens. I use adapelene 0.1 twice a day, wash with CeraVe 'normal skin' cleanser twice daily and apply unrefined coconut oil over the adapeline twice a day. I change my pillow case at least every other day if not daily. I take TruBiotics probiotics daily which is actually very important for your body as whole, skin included! It took me 16 years to figure out that my acne was being cause by numerous things and change my habits. I am acne free with one blemish at a time (that never turns into a whitehead) or none. Over drying your skin will cause more acne, so coconut oil and a moisturizing wash is just as important as adapeline. Don't give up in a week or two!!"

Sarah 34yo mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using differin for the last five months and have seen no difference"

urmomma April 25, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I started using adapalene 0.3% 6 weeks ago for my moderate/severe acne. Over all VERY pleased. I've tried countless ointments and medicines but this one has worked the best so far. The first week of using the adapalene was rough, I had very dry and red skin. The redness is still somewhat on my skin but overall I have no acne anymore. Took about 2 weeks to see the results. Other than the irritation when I first started using it, I have no complaints and I would highly recommend this gel for anyone with moderate acne"

Ashleym741 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used Differin gel for almost 2 years on my face. I had moderate acne that no OTC medication helped and some prescription medications didn't help much either. Differin took about 2-3 weeks of daily use before I saw any change but about 2 months into the treatment my face was pretty much all clear with no pimples. It was amazing. My skin did get red and itchy during those first few weeks but my doctor said it was common and to keep using because my skin would get used to it. It did and it still keeps my skin the best it's ever looked. Also, it's now available over the counter at drug stores."

AshleyMarie2 April 17, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "There's not much I can say because I haven't hit the 8 to 12 week mark but I don't have that long and I've been using adapalene 0.3% in combination with doxycycline 150 mg for 5 weeks and I'm looking worst than I did before I began. It's definitely not the doxycycline because I've been prescribed doxycycline before and it worked wonders until about 2 months after I was done taking it. I have a wedding in 3 weeks so I'm just going to stop using it until after the wedding. Hopefully this will give my skin time to heal before then because as of right now my self esteem is at an all time low and I'm looking a handsome mess!"

JB1991 April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I will be 30 in 3 months and my skin is worse then it was when I was 16! What the hell! I find it interesting that everyone who really enjoyed this product, properly used this product. I was prescribed Differin when I was in my teens and it worked wonders! Now thats its OTC, I recently started using it again. I am at the 4 week point, so yes my face is breaking out. I remember when I first used it years ago the same thing happened and with patience my skin cleared up. I have already noticed a difference in my cheeks which seem to not be breaking out as bad. I am patiently waiting for this period of breakouts to come and go, so I can see those great results once more. I used Differin as a teen and loved it."

Whitls April 5, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using this gel for about 2 weeks now and have had nothing but positive results. I'm not exaggerating when I say this starting working on my skin immediately. I have been going through bad cystic acne breakouts and hormonal acne for the past two years now. Since I started using the differin, my breakouts are minimal with only one or two pimples but nothing like before. I was breaking out with 3-5 new pimples daily and the differin stopped that from happening immediately. I have extremely oily skin so the differin did not dry out my skin. I have also changed my face cleansing products and also changed my foundation at the same time. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is at their wits end with adult acne."

Tiina46325 April 3, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using this product since it was made available without a prescription. If you are going to use it, be sure to read the instructions and warnings. This product has a period of time at the beginning of use that makes your acne worse and then clears it. I went through this process when I started taking Spironolactone, so I knew what to expect and I trusted that it would go away - it did. My skin looks and feels fantastic! I still get an occasional zit here at there - I'm pretty sure it's my fault as I'm a toucher/picker/popper. This is an easy product to add to your routine. Make sure to use it at night and wash off in the morning so you don't have to worry about sunburns. I highly recommend Differin."

26withadultacne (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017