User Reviews for Adapalene

Also known as: Differin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Adapalene.

Acne
7.3

Summary of Adapalene reviews 7.3 262 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene

For Acne: "This treatment has worked very well for me! I started to see results after 3 weeks. My skin felt smooth, but acne didn't improve until about 5-6 weeks in. I'd say it's definitely worth a try if your on the fence about it! I use 0.1% adapalene."

WesSnipez February 14, 2018

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I am passing my second full week of using Differin. I am 64 years old and have always had some type of breakout issue, clogged pores and some enlarged pores for as long as I can remember. My skin was relatively wrinkle free prior to using. Anyway, the clogged pores on my chin are much improved as are the bumps on my forehead. The pores on my nose are greatly diminished. The slight wrinkles I had are just about gone as the retinoid also provides a gradual skin peel. I am anxious to see final results after 12 weeks of use. I think I will probably use it 3 days per week thereafter. Just remember to moisturize and use sunscreen! I’m also curious if this product can be used on the under eye area. Anyone have an answer on that one?"

cottagekat February 13, 2018

For Acne: "It's been 4 weeks now and my pimples still exist. My dermatologist prescribed Differen adapalene cream 0.1%. The effects makes me feel embarrassed. My sister said that this is the worst acne I have since I had my breakouts last year. The redness of pimples is there. And I don't have any idea what makes it look like this. I should switch a soap maybe. The doctor provided me with her own made acne soap and I am not sure if I am allergic with this or just the side effect of the cream. My face now looks like a monster. But still I am hoping to the reviews I've read that this product need some patience before getting the best results. Anyways, I will going to see my doctor again next week. Looking forward to the effect of this expensive medicine."

Nies February 10, 2018

For Acne: "Side effects weren’t as bad as I thought however product gave me more black heads that won’t go away also made my acne more scaring "

Yo-yo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2018

For Acne: "Yes.I also had so much acnes. I tried so many face washes and creams but nothing worked out. Finally I consulted a good dermatologist. He recommended me some tablets and adaplane cream. Now there is a huge difference in my face. My pimples got cured and only some scars are left. They are also gradually disappearing. Thanks to adaplane. You are the best."

Blaeki (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

For Acne: "I Tried many drugs like clindamycin, Benzoyl peroxide, isotretinoin but nothing worked.. but This One adapalene 0.1 is great. I've never written a review but I have to. I'm on my 4th day and my acne have cleared so much . Before I used to have lot of pain in my face due to pimples. 1st day of using it have me relief from pain in my face due to acne.. Also Its very important not to consume dairy products when u have acne.. because dairy products can cause acne .. you can google it their are lot of research done on this .. THANK YOU ADAPALENE"

AyushAcne January 14, 2018

For Acne: "I am a 42 year old female that has suffered from acne off and on since early childhood. Differin is a miracle for me. Tips: Apply once daily ( at night) to clean, dry, moisturized skin. It is very important to apply moisturizer to clean wet skin and massage in. Allow the skin to air dry and after 20-30 minutes, apply the Differin. This cuts down on the drying, flaking, and stinging. Only a pea-sized amount of the Differin is needed for the entire face. Don't use in combination with salicylic acid. It deactivates Differin. It is very important to resist the urge to scrub or pick at the skin. In the morning, use a physical sunscreen 30-50 spf as it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Hope this helps. Everyone should moisturize!"

Starsky1* December 26, 2017

For Acne: "Only been on this product for a week, and already noticing a huge difference. My doctor prescribed me a combo of adapalene in the evening and clindamyacin during the day. I’ll admit, my skin is pretty sensitized at the moment, but I’ve been using an amazing rich water based moisturizer to help. I come from a background in skincare, so up until now I’ve literally tried EVERYTHING. Simplistic, extreme and everything in between. Glycolic, vitamin A, salacylic, even natural remedies. Nothing was working anymore. But in the first week, I’ve noticed my skin healing faster, and less breakouts. My biggest piece of advice would be get rid of all the other skincare you were using before this (or at least put it on hold). Let the medication work."

Panda041111 December 18, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "STICK TO IT!!!! I did and my skin looks amazing. At first I saw more acne, especially white heads. I also got really dry skin but I moisturized all the time and it relieved it. You can also get burning irritating skin but don't give up. Eventually you seen your skin clear, even toned and tighter. I also noticed some of my fine lines gone. I know you might want to give up but DON'T. I'm 50 years old and I never had pimples until the past two years. Nothing worked. I went to the dermatologist, got prescription meds but the only thing that worked was this product."

Pinkapplelace December 15, 2017

For Acne: "I owe my self-confidence to adapalene! I went off to college in the fall and my skin immediately went completely out of wack. My doctor started out by prescribing me spironolactone to clear my skin, but I did not like the side effects. Her next suggestion was adapalene, and I couldn't be happier about deciding to start using it. I simultaneously started applying adapalene when I started hormonal birth control, so some of my clear skin could be because of the bc. I experienced about 3 weeks of an initial breakout, but by the 4th and 5th weeks I got to witness my skin get clearer and clearer everyday. It has now been 8 weeks, and all my breakouts are almost completely gone! My skin is dry, but loading it up with moisturizer every night is absolutely worth it."

Ellie1987 December 9, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've been using this product (Adapalene 0.1% gel) for 13 months now. I had a lot of small zits on my forehead and a good amount of acne on one of my cheeks. The first week or so is the worst, it dries your skin and is very painful. After a month, you start getting huge cysts and under the skin pimples, especially in the areas where there were little zits before. It's embarrassing, but push through. After about three months, my skin started clearing up. I still use this product daily, and my skin is better than before I started for sure. Around my period I get more acne, but it goes away quickly. This product is not a fun process, but it works decently in the long run. Make sure you invest in a good moisturizer to use daily."

madipetr (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "So I think people should be aware that there are two products and two percentages. There is a cream and a gel. There are also a 0.1% and 0.3%. The one sold in the store is 0.1%. BenzaClin was leaving me with little bumps on my head (I'm athletic and it started to create fungus on my head) while prescription retinol gel was just making me red and puffy. I tried the 0.1% gel from Walmart. I was aware it would take awhile so I gave it two months to work. My skin looks so much better now. I use Neutrogena anti-wrinkle moisturizing on top of it. I'm guessing if it's like any retinol product you have to build into using higher percentage, at this point I could probably ask my doctor for 0.3% but I figure why mess with a good thing."

alaskalady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "My acne was moderate, I went to the doctor and tried birth control to help & the first 3 months on birth control made it 100 times worse, I stuck with it though & then got on a prescription topical which I had an allergic reaction to. I tried so many different face washes, then finally a family friend recommended differin. I found it for $20-25 I think? My skin cleared up in a week. I still have some small under the skin spots around my chin / mouth but easily covered up by make up. No more cystic acne! I recommend everyone to try this. I have before and after pictures that I wish I could attached because the difference is insane."

Hayleygoltare November 24, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I used this ONE TIME before sleeping. I put on moisturizer about 5 times the next day, and my face still hurt. Today is the second day after using this product, and my face still hurts, is red, and is puffy after applying moisturizer another five times today. I don't think its supposed to hurt this bad, even if there is a purging process. I would not recommend this product."

Em2222 November 10, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This is definitely not the same Differin Gel that the doctor prescribed years ago. Don't expect the same results from the over-the-counter Differin Gel. The products are not the same!!!"

KamecoGirl November 8, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "For a while I was struggling with the worst most painful acne of my life. I bought a tube of Differin for $15 and within a week inflammation was down and things were looking good. 2 months into it I don't have a single pimple on my face. I only wash my face once every 3 days to help prevent over drying and every night I remove my makeup, use a micellar water, apply a layer of Differin, and then an oil mixture to moisturize. I've found that facial oil rather than a moisturizer increases the effectiveness of Differin, it almost seals it close to the skin at night. Wouldn't recommend Differin to everyone, but it worked wonders for me. Its all about patience and dedication."

Dirgni451 November 8, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been on this gel (1%) for 7 weeks now. I have had hormonal acne since 12, I am now 29. My doctor had me start with using it twice a week, then 3x a week, etc. Yes, there was a purge and yes, it does seem to be still purging. The fact is that I'm seeing improvement. I will not be stopping this treatment as nothing has worked like this before (you name it, I've tried it). I would say I'm seeing 65% improvement at this point. A huge plus is that I also have notice scars fading, wrinkles softened, and any wounds from picking definitely heal much faster. Lotion morning and night, and cerave foaming cleanser. My skin hasn't been this healthy in a long time."

ChelT November 6, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "Follow the instructions and heed the words of the people who have used it before, and I feel like there's no reason Differin won't work for you. I've had problems with adult/hormonal acne for awhile now, and this is the first and only thing that has made a seriously noticeable improvement. My skin did do the "purge" before it got better, but I just gave it some time like the instructions and other users said, and in about 3-4 weeks I noticed serious improvements in my skin. It looks MUCH better than it has in years. If you're not a patient person and will give up when the purge happens, then don't waste your money."

KaraM81 October 17, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I have been using Differin for over 4 months now and at first my skin was okay. It got rid of most pimples but there was never not one time where my face was completely flawless but now my acne is worse than its ever been. I feel like this happens to me with most products. It works at first and then makes my skin horrible. I am going to give Benzoyl Peroxide a try."

userrr1945 October 17, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "This gel has been a life saver! I went off birth control last August. My acne was out of control. I tried differin and I noticed a change immediately. I've been on it since August 26th. It's now October 14th and my skin is clear and glowing. I even went off of it for a week to see if there would be a difference and all my acne did come back gradually... so I recommend this to anyone willing to try a new acne cream!! I'm Canadian and I go out of my way to pick it up in the US when I visit. My only complaint is that my skin is a little dry, just moisturize an hour after application to reduce sensitivity."

KARAROSE13 October 14, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I tried a lot of things for my acne and none of them had worked before differin gel. It's irritating to have acne at 34 years old. I didn't think anything would help. Differin gel was affordable and I could get it at Walmart so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. This is the first thing that worked for me. You only need a very small amount and you only need to apply it once a day. Any more than that and it will burn your skin. It's a small tube but but it lasts a long time. I would highly recommend it."

MomOf5K34 October 10, 2017

For Acne: "I've been using Adapalene since the beginning of August and my skin is terrible! I haven't had breakouts like this since high school (I'm 32). Blackheads and cysts everywhere. I've never had a problem with those in particular. This is month 3 and I'm just ready to give up on it. I'm also taking 100mg Minocycline. I'm not sure if it's the combination together or just one. I don't want to continue using this and would not recommend to anyone."

NurseBama October 10, 2017

For Acne: "My face was actually looking pretty good for a while. I wanted to totally clear my face so I got on proactiv MD with adapalene gel 1%. So far it has only made my face break out more. I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks now. What should I do?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

For Acne: "Its been almost a month and It's making my acne worse. Worst in my forehead area. I've been having acne for almost 4 years and didn't try any medication. I started using this as directed by the dermatologist. To say the truth I'm tired of answering the same question people ask me everyday. Whats wrong with your face!!! But Honestly I feel although my acne is getting worse my face is lightning up and it's much softer than before. So I know it's working out. I'm having new breakouts everyday but I clearly see a difference others fail to see. So I'm hoping to continue this as I think it will work out sooner as I have also seen reviews. Sweating will make your face itchy if this is applied causing more breakouts."

D.D.D October 8, 2017

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: "I've only been using this gel for a few days and I can see a major difference. I have very sensitive skin so when I saw the reviews I got a little nervous, so when I tried it I was ready for red skin and rashes, but nothing happened. Within the next few days I saw a major improvement, which shocked me! I've used a lot of acne treatments and none of them worked, but within the first couple of days I could see my pimples going away! I don't think this is supposed to help with blackheads or whiteheads, but this is still totally worth it! And who knows maybe if I keep using it, it will help with them. I highly recommend this product to anyone with acne problems!"

Sabby C October 6, 2017