User Reviews for Adapalene topical (Page 4)

Also known as: Differin, Plixda

Acne 6.5

Reviews for Adapalene topical

:) · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I’ve been on differin for around 5 months and I have to say, this product has really made a positive impact on my skin. It is so soft and pretty much free of active acne, albeit I have some hyperpigmentation issues to work on (which differin is helping with). DO NOT QUIT. I broke out sooo bad for the first three months and wanted to stop, but I kept pushing forward. It really does get better. The Differin purge is real, but conquerable!”

annie · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2019

For Acne: “hi guys..my dermatologist prescribed adapalene cream for my acne - I had forehead acne that seemed not to go away for the past year. The first week I used it my skin had to adjust first to the cream as it brought itchiness and dryness, but I continued nonetheless. After 2 months the pimples were all gone! So before you describe it as a non-effective drug just remember that people have different skin types which react differently to creams. I never even purged.”

luminacis · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I'm a 23 yr old male. I would have 1 or 2 pimples at most every 2-3 weeks but I was looking for something to help stop these few pimples and Differin seemed to have a good option. BAD IDEA. This has ruined my skin. I have never had so much acne and the worst part is the acne scaring that every pimple leaves behind. I've never been so self-conciseness of my skin to the point where I'm avoiding leaving the house. I'm a week away from being 3 months on Differin and have been "purging" since the first week. I am going to stop using Differin and will use only the VERY basic stuff like moisturizer and will try to update to see if my skin improves within a few weeks. I'm sure Differin or other retinoids work for some people but it seems like a hit or miss product. It's not worth suffering for so long just to hope for a chance at improvement.”

NCR · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I have oily skin. Since 2 years ago, I maintained skincare routine that manages to get rid of my dry patches and dehydrated skin, but cystic acne is still a concern. BP doesn't work on me, and 2% salicylic acid cease to work on me after a while. So I tried 0.1% Differin. First day, I experience crazy itchiness so the following day Idecided to amp up my moisturizing game. DO NOT USE THIS WITHOUT GOOD MOISTURIZING ROUTINE, BE WARNED. I apply Differin once every other night, and my routine for those nights are (in order of application) hydrating lotion, differin, cream moisturizer, a spritz of hydrating mist, gel moisturizer, and sleeping mask mixed with tamanu+rosehip+grapeseed facial oil. I don't have waiting time btw, because my skin can tolerate it. I stopped having itchiness since the first day, and now my problem areas no longer have texture, and cystic/less severe acne goes away on their own with very minimal scarring (if any).”

maria July 18, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I literally never leave reviews for stuff but I had to for this. It changed my life, I am significantly happier and more confident since using this product. I had cystic acne like I had never experienced before. It was HORRIBLE- my face was extremely oily and covered in deep red blemishes. Experiencing this in college was honestly making me depressed. My friend recommended differin & at first I was hesitant but decided it couldn’t get much worse. Within the first week I noticed a change in the overall quality of my skin. While the acne had of course not suddenly disappeared, my face was significantly less oily and appeared brighter overall. After a month I’d say my acne had decreased by about 50% After three months on Differin I’d say my cystic acne was about 80% gone. After five months on Differin, I genuinely do not have acne anymore. Even when I get the occasional pimple it comes to a head within a day and quickly disappears.It changed my life!”

She July 17, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Traumatic experience. Used it for minor breakout, then I started to be a Biiiig one! It actually worsened things and all the purging was not worth it. There are other products without this purging process. It was a disaster for me. Twice.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “30, male, extremely oily skin. I had cystic acne and I have some of the worst scars, and now I get the occasional huge cyst/pimple. I rotate my use of this daily. one day cheeks, one day forehead, one day nose, kind of like that, because all over every day, even a thin layer, it burns cause its too potent. On this I realized my brow ridge and nose produced less oil, and they look less "congested". I've been on it 3 months now, for the first time I've healed a cyst without a scar in my life. There are absolutely less lines on my forehead, my nose gets no cysts and looks smoother like my forehead. To prep skin for dryness this causes I use the Cereve PM moisturizer before Differin. It just dries me out too much on bare skin. I also use SPF 50 daily on my face. I live in an area with a high uv index all year.”

Eva July 11, 2019

For Acne: “My acne started around 1-1.5 years ago one spot at a time (only on my cheeks) before then I had absolutely no skin issues. I sought help 1.5 years after the first breakout which was enough time for the acne to develop under my skin (when I would drag my finger over my cheeks I could feel lots of bumps which would later become acne). Before using adapalene I used other creams recommended by my dermatologist which didn't help at all. I started using adapalene three months ago and the bumps under my skin have completely cleared and I no longer have acne but rather the occasional yellow pimple which at least take much less time to disappear and leave no lasting pigmentation. I still have lots of pigmentation from the acne only on my cheeks but my skin is totally smooth. It didn't help much with blackheads but it resolved the few whiteheads I had. My skin doesn't tend to dry easily so I didn't experience a lot of dryness when using this cream, but it is a little sensitive to eg harsh towels.”

rutgerjen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Acne: “Skin broke out so bad the first 8 weeks. My face burned, was red, and had cystic acne all over my chin. I was going to give up. But, I read all the reviews, covered it up with makeup and pushed through. So glad I did, still getting some acne on the chin but it is 13 weeks later and skin is looking so much better. So glad I pushed through!”

Zam · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I am 34 years old and female. For the past 6ish years I started getting breakouts. Sometimes they're terrible. I get painful deep pimples, cystic acne, blackheads. About 7 months ago I started realizing how bad my scarring was getting. NOTHING WORKED THAT I TRIED. Well maybe for a few days it would work. But nothing ever consistently worked. I tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, all at different doses with moisturizer toners etc. Anyway when I tried Differin it did not start working for a few weeks. Maybe 2-3 weeks. But I kept doing it. Initially the side effects are facial redness and skin flaking. I pushed through that part of it and my breakouts STOPPED. Like completely stopped. I will start to get minor break outs if I skip a few days of Differin. Once I begin again, it starts working again. I always use a good moisturizer in the morning when I wake up and I apply the differin at night. This stuff is awesome for acne and it really works.”

Jim tats · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Made my acne bigger and horrible looking”

Bella · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I honestly love this. I guess everyone is different. I had sudden severe cystic acne breakouts and then someone told me to try this product and I did and it worked for me and worked rather quickly. I use the face lotion and then the gel over it. Honestly I think the lotion alone is even great. Nothing else worked for me.”

Lilu June 23, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “DO NOT TAKE THIS. The reviews are all true. I was using tazorac on my skin for years, then my insurance wouldn’t cover it. Without the tazorac I started breaking out here and there, with maybe one pimple every couple of weeks on my cheeks or low alongside my jaw. I decided to try differing because the tazorac costs around $500 (or more) without insurance when it used to cost around $20, so I figured I’d try something new. I started using differin about 4-5 weeks ago. For a couple days, my skin did start to clear up a bit. And then... I started getting pimples - and I mean large, very noticeable red ones - literally all over my face in random places where I have NEVER gotten pimples before IN MY LIFE. right now there are 3-4 total at the top of my forehead, 4-5 on each cheek - it’s the worst my skin has ever looked. It’s the large cystic kind that leave scabs, too, and I’ve never ever gotten those. I’ve always just had “one here or there.””

Nina · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Acne: “I am in my 40s and have had bad acne since I was 12. This adapalene actually works! I had some skin flaking around my mouth and nose which was annoying but it went away after 3 weeks. I just used an ultra moisturizing lotion to help get through that process. Now my skin is beautiful. I have never had clear skin like this before.”

nick June 11, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I have mixed feelings about whether I would recommend this to other people. I am on week 13 & my skin is totally clear and has been for 10 days. However, my skin was extremely bad throughout the entire first 3 months using Differin. The purging was worse than anything I have ever experienced & particularly gruesome-looking. I actually felt like I couldn't leave the house. Also, this would happen very seriously in concentrated areas. As soon as one had begun to heal another would appear directly next to it, 5 times over. I now have substantial pigmentation and scarring. It's emotionally distressing not see any progress for 3 months! Throughout that time it would often suddenly look better, only to look much worse a few days later. I often mistakenly thought the purging had ended. I think Differin *works* if you persevere for 12 weeks but if I had been aware of how traumatic the purging process would be I probably would have tried alternatives.”

bgurule_m · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I used Differin Gel hoping it would help with my minor acne as well as my cystic acne. I used it on my chin and around my nose. I only used the product for 6 days before it started to dry my skin out to the point where it would peel off in several layers and then scab over. It made my skin inflamed and even lightly touching it was painful.”

Sgmez · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “I've suffered from acne a lot but it went away for a while and then came back but it was very little like 4 or 5 pimples here and there I decided to start Differin because I was tired of every face cleanser not working, I knew going into this I wouldn’t see an immediate change I did my research and knew I wouldn’t see results until after about 12 weeks and I was willing to go through it. My acne became horribly bad, this is probably the worst it has ever gotten. It was very tempting to quit but I decided to just continue because maybe it will get better. By the end of the 12 weeks my acne has cleared up, BUT there is still the occasional pimples and scars but definitely not as bad as before I will continue to use it but it definitely did leave some damage that I’m hoping will clear up.”

Anonymous May 28, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “So I originally started using Differin when I thought my skin care routine wasn’t working any longer. I used this product for over 4 months before finally calling it quits because I feel like it just made my face worse and never got any better. It left my face with really bad discoloration and scaring and the texture of my skin became worse as well. I have since switched back to my previous more natural and more general routine and my face has started clearing up. I was originally advised to try this from my doctor and I was hesitant because I never use products this harsh, and for my skin personally I regret it. I understand you have to go through a purging process with this product but 1. It is not worth the scaring and hyperpigmentation and 2. I don’t think you should have to push through with a product for over 4 months and still not see results. Not only did I not see results but it made my skin significantly worse than when I started the process.”

VHKS · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

For Acne: “I’m 18 years old and I’ve had acne for over a year. I don’t have very bad acne, but enough for me to go to my doctor. I have used benzoylperoxide for over 12 weeks but that didn’t work for me. So my physician prescribed me Differin at night and erythromycin during the day. The first 2 weeks it seemed to help, then I went through the so called “purge” phase. My skin got better after that phase, I was at 5 weeks or so. Now I’m nearly at my 8th week and I got a mayor breakout. My skin looks just as bad as it did when I started. I’ll update when I have reached the 12 week mark to see if Differin/erythromycin will have done anything.”

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Before I started using Differin, I had a few pimples here and there. After using Differin, my entire face broke out. I went from 2 pimples to about 30 on my face. 8 weeks to see improvement is too long. Having to see your face breakout to such an extent. Not worth it!”

Paris May 4, 2019

For Acne: “I been using Differin gel and Adapalene 0.3% for nearly 5 months now to treat my back acne. The Differin gel 0.1 OTC didn't do much for my acne. Since taking Adapalen 0.3 I can really see a difference. It is very pricey though as my insurance didn't want to cover it. Go to CVS and get it for $80. I tried Walmart and they wanted to make me pay $350. It should last you a few months too. Good luck all!”

anon · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “The first 2 weeks whilst using Differin my skin seemed to clear up and didn't break out as much. However, when the 3rd week of me using this treatment commenced, I woke up with leathery skin and flaky skin on my upper lip area below my lip and on the side of my lip (basically my mouth area). I'm in so much pain and I look horrible and feel horrible. I've never cried so much in my life. DO NOT buy this!”

noname · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “Never again. After a week of use, one morning I woke up and my skin was burning. I couldn't even wash it with water, it hurt me so bad. I got burn, dryness and WAY MORE acne than I have ever had. My pores were all clogged and my skin hated me. I followed all of the instructions: used very mild soothing cleanser and moisturizer, didn't use salicylic acid or anything like that, used sunscreen, only applied once a day, etc. It's awful. I thought it will improve my skin condition and acne scars but it made me look even worse. What a waste of money.”

Cris · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “YOU HAVE TO STICK WITH IT FOR AT LEAST 4 MONTHS AND YOUR SKIN WILL GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER. But Differin is very worth it! I see all of these bad reviews where people give a bad review and wonder if they used the product right and read how it works. It works by pushing everything in your pores out and strip your skin making your face worse for a while, but then it will clear right up. You may peel until your skin gets used to it (only took me a week) Stick with it! Not only does it get rid of the acne, I makes all of your skin better. My dark spots and redness in general gone away. My face is so much healthier. Don't leave reviews until you have given it at least 4 months, that's very important. It WILL take a while to clear up. That's how it works. I've been dealing with acne for 20 years and absolutely nothing else worked. This is the first thing that has ever worked.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

Differin (adapalene) for Acne: “This triggered one of the worst breakouts of my life. I was using it to clear up blackheads and some minor congestion (my skin still looked pretty clear) and it broke my entire face out horrifically. I've stopped using and am now trying to clear up the breakout. :(”