User Reviews for Epiduo Forte

Acne

Summary of Epiduo Forte reviews 7.0 42 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

For Acne "Worked for me!!"

Debbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Acne "I have been using Epiduo Forte about 6 weeks and I am still stuck with my red and huge patches. My face now looks worse before I started this cream. I am a little bit concerned since I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks of treatment. I asked my dermatologist why but she said I'm still purging. My gut says that it doesn't seem like a purge though. Six months ago, I was prescribed with Epiduo and it did wonders to my skin in about 1-2 months."

Fly July 3, 2018

For Acne "I just started using epiduo forte, I'm not even a week in and my acne is going away so fast !! I’m in love with this product !! I was an accutane user prior to this and after a year off accutane my cystic acne was coming back ! My dermatologist prescribed me epido forte and I couldn’t be any happier with her decision because now my skin is glowing already and my acne is going away !!"

Jozlyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Acne "When I first started using epiduo, my skin became very dry and painful. It also peeled. Within the first two-four weeks, my skin got slightly worse. However, after one month, it began to work like nothing else I’d ever used. It was great for the skin-colored bumps on my forehead and normal acne. I strongly recommend using coconut oil as a moisturizer when on this medicine. It helps profusely, and it helps minimize the initial dryness/pain/peeling that this medicine causes. It is totally worth the money and beginning side effects!!! Best thing for my acne!"

MK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

For Acne "After high school, I developed mild-occasionally moderate acne all around my mouth and chin. Doxycycline helped clear it up but it just came back after I stopped taking it. My doc prescribed epiduo forte and I have been using it for five months in my mouth area only. It took a decent while to work- initially fluctuating between good and bad skin, before gradually but consistently getting better. BEWARE! You need to ease into it. I started out using it every night, and about a week later at the beach, the sunscreen and salt water made my face burn so badly. Occasionally now I get a similar burning when putting on moisturiser, in which case I just don't apply the Epiduo for a night. It has also made my skin a lot drier and flaky, but I put up with it because overall it has really improved my acne and I am happy with the outcome. Ease into it, stick with it (if it isn't too harsh for you) for at least a few months to see results, but read your skin day by day to adjust your routine."

Olivia May 15, 2018

For Acne "This is been the absolute worst experience I have ever had!!. It was delivered four streets over to the wrong address and the young lady was kind enough to bring the package by my home. So I tried it on Monday: 1 pump. I put on at about 9:30, waited two minutes & went to bed. I woke up not 15 minutes later with my face feeling like it is on fire. Went to the bathroom washed my face, it did not help. I had to get an ice pack to numb my face, took several ibuprofens and went to bed. When I woke up I had basically chemical burns from the medication under my jaw, my entire face is swollen. And I had to contact my dermatologist to prescribe me to help. That was Monday and today is Friday and I am still feeling the effects. My face still feels like it’s on fire and being eaten by fire ants, and washing my face with warm water is not an option because it stings like crazy. I would not recommend this to anyone ever.!!!"

Toya May 11, 2018

For Acne "So I have tried many products and pills having little to no results, I started struggling with acne during college seemingly out of no where. Epiduo Forte is the ONLY thing that works for me. On the other reviews some people reported have a burnt/fiery feeling on their face. I experienced this as well. This is what happens when you try to get your face used to the medication. I talked to my dermatologist and he recommended cutting back from using it every night to every other night which helped a lot! I also experienced an itching and peeling stage which I would GLADLY go through again to get my face in the shape its in now! I wish I could upload photos of before and after this medicine. I don't wear any foundation or cover up anymore because my skin literally glows! Do not be afraid to give Ep. Forte a try!!"

Wren K May 3, 2018

For Acne "I’ve had pretty severe acne since 5th grade and have been on accutane twice. The accutane wasn’t a pleasant experience and although it did eventually clear my skin, my acne came back after a few months of being off of it. Between the end of my second round of accutane and the start of using Epiduo forte, my dermatologist prescribed me various different retinoids and oral prescriptions that never really worked. It really took a toll on my self-confidence and I thought I would never find something that would clear my skin. Around three months ago I was prescribed Epiduo forte and my skin hasn’t been this clear ever. I have a little bit of discoloration and scarring and will get a pimple every so often but will go away almost overnight. Other than that my skin is completely clear and I can’t recommend this product enough! From looking at other reviews and using my own experience, if accutane didn’t work for you, this product most likely will!"

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Acne "I had recently gone to the dermatologist to find a way to get rid of this disrupting acne. I had used this cream for about 4 or 5 days and the day I had forgotten to put it on. The skin that had the Epiduo Forte had burnt my skin and had chapped up my skin leaving it to feel like it was on fire."

Ariana (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Acne "I’ve used epiduo before and it “kinda sorta” worked on my skin, so when my dermatologist prescribed epiduo forte, I was excited to really see my acne go away. Currently, the epiduo forte is supplementing my doxycycline. I’ve been using epiduo forte for about two weeks now and it hasn’t done a thing to my skin, but make me sunburnt. I’m pretty brown. I don’t burn. I know two weeks is not enough time at all to make a valid review, but lots of reviews on here on are saying it worked for them in one week and that is not the case for me. Maybe I have a placebo bottle or something. I decided to do a test and compare before and after pictures of my face using an over the counter product vs epiduo forte. While both didn’t get rid of any pimples well, I saw greater acne reduction using drugstore products and absolutely none using forte. Pretty upset about the waste of money. I will continue to use it though and hope that it starts to work!"

Forte?? (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Acne "I have had pretty bad acne and hyperpigmentation for well over 20 years, and have pretty much tried it all. I recently made a last ditch effort and went to a new dermatologist who prescribed Epiduo Forte. She also preceded my treatment with a chemical peel and recommended that I not begin using the cream until my face had completely cleared from the peel. One week later, I started using Epiduo Forte and I have been on it for a little over a week. The effects have been unlike anything I have ever encountered. While my face has not completely cleared up, all my acne is gone and the severe hyperpigmentation has lightened substantially. I have never encountered a treatment that has had such an immediate effect as this - and I have done chemical peels and laser treatments to little or no avail. The cream is very drying, so be advised that you will need to moisturize. I would definitely recommend, but be conscientious about your skin's reaction to the treatment and adjust accordingly."

Che Butters (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Acne "CAUTION: this topical will burn your skin if you have a sensitive skin type (or overuse!) I, unfortunately, have and did both. Please be careful with this. A little goes a long way. If you use as a spot treatment (you really shouldn’t) it will turn that spot bright red and make it more noticeable. Listen to your derm’s instructions but also feel it out. If it burns and you start seeing MORE acne that has been caused by irritation then stop immediately!!! Call your doctor!!! This happened to me. However, it did dry up my big cystic acne...just turned my face into the Sahara desert for a couple weeks. Very hard to conceal that with makeup..."

Krys March 12, 2018

For Acne "Before this I used accutane. That worked, but the side effects were not fun (dry lips, always tired, flushed face, etc). It kept the acne away for a few months after treatment, but then it came back. I tried differin 1% for a while and that kinda worked. Eventually I went to my derm and got epiduo forte. This works great! I didn't really have the burning or flaky skin that others have described, my skin is probably really resistant. I had a small purge and it took about a month and a half before I realized I don't have any pimples on my face anymore. I use it nightly and then put cerave pm moisturizer on top. I've gotten a couple zits on my forehead when I skipped a couple of days, but they went away quickly. I highly recommend this. It's worked just as well as accutane without all the other side effects."

Vincent March 8, 2018

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed me to epiduo forte a little over a month ago. I have been taking doxycycline with it as well but feel like the epiduo is what is most effective!! At first it was sort of burning my skin and make it extremely dry so I cut back to every other day and my skin slowly got used to it. When I first started my face was entirely cleared up in a week, and now my acne is normal but applying this to the breakouts really gets them working. I am really happy with this product so far, and it is supposed to take 6-8 weeks for full results so I’m hoping I’ll see those soon! Strongly suggest"

El (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For Acne "After trying normal Epiduo for a while and having mild success I eventually decided to just try over the counter products for my mild acne. My breakouts came back very strong and I had big cystic acne that would not go away. I became desperate and eventually decided to try out Epiduo Forte. At first I didn’t see much results and it dried my face a ton. But after using a nice moisturizer in the morning (CerVe) and using the gel every night for the past month my face is really starting to clear up! My biggest advice to anyone thinking about trying it is just give it time to start working! Be diligent about your morning and nightly routine and the results will eventually come!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

For Acne "I started getting adult acne at 35. I’d never had acne in my life. It was horrible. Along my jaw line I had all kinds of acne. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, no heads...lol. I went to a dermatologist and had chemical peels. Used expensive skin care regimens prescribed by my esthetician. $1000’s later, I tried epiduo forte. I have been in treatment now for 8 weeks and I can see a remarkable difference. And it’s not just me, my husband noticed initially. Yes it stings a little and if you aren't using a moisturizer, you will get peeling and dry skin. I am sure to put on an extremely high SPF EVERY DAY. (Very important)"

Pimple pop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Acne "I’m 24 and have had moderate acne with a lot of cysts mostly on the lower half of my face for the last couple years. I started taking spironolactone in the summer, but my dermatologist also put me on retin-a-micro. I gave the retin-a about 5 months, but it just didn’t do the job for the remaining pimples I was getting. So she switched me to Epiduo Forte and I’m not even kidding, it cleared up the pimples I had and my face was clear within a few days. I didn’t have a purge phase, but I think that’s because I went straight from using retin-a to this (and I did have a pretty bad purge when I started that). I would highly recommend giving this a try if you have adult acne. I always thought it was just for teens, but it’s worked wonders for me!"

Lydiadh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

For Acne "After trying and failing many antibiotics and topicals, I began to feel as accutane would be my only solution. After switching to a dermatologist from a doctor, she recommended I try Epiduo Forte before committing to accutane. In all honesty, the first few weeks will be brutal. The itching and burning is next to unbearable along with red puffy dry skin. My acne also got worse for the first month until about one and a half months in, when all my active pimples started to shrink and disappear. However, I was left with a nasty case of hyperpigmentation, but now after almost 1 year of use I am so close to completely clear skin! (Applied every night)"

Jared17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

For Acne "Epiduo works! You have to give it time. I’m on my 6th week & my skin has dramatically cleared. Around my cycle break outs still happen but full results aren’t to be seen until around 8 weeks. Push through the purging it’s awful and my skin looked the worse it’s ever been! One day everything started improving. Washing my face with cetaphil in the morning and at night definitely made a difference as well. Keep pushing!"

Jlc1448 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

For Acne "I had bad acne and terrible cystic bumps especially around “that time”. I was getting cortisone injections at least 3 times a month for painful bumps. My doctor prescribed Epiduo Forte on 10/28/27 and my skin had been beautiful. I didn't even have a bad hormonal break out just a few small pimples that epiduo dried right out. I love this stuff and I am in awe at my skin. I will say that you NEED a good moisturizer because it will dry your skin. Other that THUMBS UP!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For Acne "I'm a little over a month using this cream to help clear mild acne. The first few weeks were horrible. Face would sting especially around mouth & corner of eyes. Skin was peeling & super dry, with dry patches appearing during the day. I use it every night & if needed would take a night off. However I stopped feeling them around week 3. My routine is: exfoliate face w/ philosophy exfoliating wash, followed with cleanse with their face wash. I apply a vitamin c serum (trueskin is the brand) leave to air dry for 2 mins then I use CeraVe daily moisturizer applying a generous amount. Wait 5mins then apply one pump epiduo forte gel on cheeks/chin. My skin looks drastically clearer. Still get break outs around cycle but they don't last long at all"

VAGirl007 December 4, 2017

For Acne "The worse thing I could’ve possibly do for my acne. I am a young African American female, I’m a brown complexion & ever since I started using this on my face, I no longer have dark spots, I have dark sections. It’s awful !"

Nae Cremè November 24, 2017

For Acne "For a couple months I had these stubborn hard, small bumps in my t-zone. I tried to do everything to get rid of them. Nothing seemed to work. I finally went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me epiduo forte and sulfate face wash called avar. After I wash my face with avar, I apply ponds cold cream which is a great moisturizer, then I apply a thin layer of epiduo forte. And sometimes I apply the epiduo first then I apply my moisturizer. It’s only been a week and my skin is clearing up already. My skin has not peeled, been dry or anything. I can feel a slight burning sensation on my face. But thats it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

For Acne "I was terrified to use epiduo after reading the reviews but once I realized I had to buffer it, it seemed much more approachable. If you're not used to using retinoids, don't put this directly on your face and don't use it every night. I took a pretty conservative approach and mostly been able to minimize pain/flaking. Here's what I do: -Wash my face with a gentle cleanser (I use Aveeno Positively Radiant) -Put on some cerave moisturizer -Wait 20 minutes -Put on the epiduo forte I only do this at night, once every 2-3 days. If I feel my skin getting irritated, I'll stop using the epiduo till it gets back to normal. Don't muck around with your skin! If it's irritated and awful, no reason to torture yourself and use the epiduo every night just use it every couple of nights"

anewyorkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

For Acne "I've had stubborn acne for years and have tried so many different products. This gel hasn't totally cleared up my skin, but it has definitely improved it. At first, I piled it on problem areas like a spot treatment and didn't follow the instructions to apply a thin layer all over every night. It didn't work that way- it needs to be used consistently. When I started using it properly, my skin got dry and irritated especially around my mouth but it adjusted pretty quickly (I skip a night when needed). My old hyperpigmentation has started to fade a bit and new breakouts go away faster, but it's not a miracle cure for me."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017