User Reviews for Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Epiduo Forte.

Acne 16 reviews 562 medications

6.9
Summary of Epiduo Forte reviews 16 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

For Acne "I have been struggling with acne for a little over five years now. I finally went to the dermatologist after trying literally every face soap on this planet and got prescribed Epiduo Forte. I have oily skin and a lot of comedones on my forehead. The first week I could see the bumps on my forehead going down and some of them even disappearing. Then the second week my face was burning and whenever I would apply my regular face wash, my face would sting and it would hurt to apply it. I would definitely recommend using a moisturizer with this prescription. My pimples have come back though and my skin is worse , I am on my third week which is purge session so I hope to see better results in the future to come."

WKEP June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started this topical ointment back in February. Skin takes quite a while to get acclimated. I'd say a month+ before it stops burning. I'd apply Epiduo followed by Aquaphor to combat the dryness and it just seals your face up for a good 20 minutes. I peeled a lot in the beginning, but I did not purge. I notice it actually makes skin much oilier since the pores are now unclogged. If I wear moisturizer under makeup, I'm an oil slick by noon. I try to avoid moisturizer now. I still have gotten pimples and a cyst so I'm not sure how amazing this is. Also, someone said use this in the morning. Please don't do that. "

Katzie105 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This med lost one point only bc of it's so pricey epiduo forte has totally changed my life!! I have tried seriously EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne. I'm 20, almost 21, and have been fighting it since I was like 14!! Trying med after med, everything a failure. then I tried epiduo forte!! for the first couple months I was like, "whatever another failure" bc I didn't see any results. But then the 3rd month hit! and I haven't had acne since!! so here's my advice for epiduo forte users: 1) USE LOTION W/ IT! something like cerave or cetaphil. put just a SMALL drop that you spread all over then use lotion on top of that 2) use it at morning AND night (w/ lotion) if you need to! I saw better results this way 3) Don't give up on it. give it 3 month"

Bekah0530 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using Epiduo for maybe 4 months now. I use a pea-sized amount all over my face every night. I have to say, it didn't do wonders for my skin. It caused peeling, dry patches, and super sensitive skin. Whenever I wash my face with Cetaphil, it burns. Moisturizing my face burns as well. I know it's suppose to get worse before it gets better but I've just seen no improvements. It wasn't for me but maybe it'll work for you :)"

Sophhhhh February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm on my 10th week of the drug, and it usually takes 12-16 week to see the full effects.I apply it at nighttime, and sometimes apply a layer of moisturizer 15-30 minutes afterwards. It dried me out SO much in my first month and a half of use that I had to start skipping nights and use three layers of moisturizer. My skin burned when I would put on my lotion because it was THAT dry. I now use it everyday and still have 2-4 active breakouts at any given time. I also get A LOT of small whiteheads (those may be from shaving my face though) and I extract them myself, which probably isn't a good idea. My skin is definitely better on the medication than off, I just hope the results are better in 2-4 additional weeks of use."

KKD1066 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have mild acne with redness and blackheads. I started using Epiduo Forte and it took only 2 weeks for my skin to look 100% better. I used a VERY small amount (even less than a pea size to start). My skin did get dry but I moisturized a lot and then increased the amount to an actual pea size. My skin, which is actually very sensitive, adjusted pretty well to this and I'm very happy with the results. Wait 20 minutes after you wash your face, to apply the Epiduo and then after applying it, wait another 20 minutes to moisturize. This helps eliminate the burning sensation that might occur...it did for me."

kitty16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Been using this gel for about almost a month now and I can tell it works! My doctor told me to start off slow... But I didn't listen. I use this every night and apply it during the day time if I want to make sure I have no new acne coming. Over all I can't wait to see my skin in 3 months from now."

Golden Doll (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have tried everything over the counter and by prescription. I feel like I finally found the answer to my middle-aged hormonal acne. This is like a miracle. I do suggest using it consistently for three months for the best results. Glad I didn't give up!"

Kldrw121 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using this medication with Apo-doxy for 2 weeks now, the first 4 days I had no new break outs but now it's starting to get worse, that's what the doctor said so I am still going to use it, for people that have burning red skin please get some neutrogena dry skin moisturizer it is the best thing for your face, use it in the morning for a few days and it will reduce the redness and dry skin, it also stops the burning when you apply the tactupump, anyways I hope this medications works for me I am really embarrassed about my acne"

Colon123445 December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used the original Epiduo all through 4 years of high school and in combination with a generic triphasic birth control pill and Neutrogena salicylic acid face wash, I completely cleared my terrible, depressing cystic acne. After high school I switched birth control and got the acne again, so I went back to my high school routine and it was better, but not as perfect. I tried the new Forte version and I'm clear as can be again at 21. It has always made my face redder than my body, but I have no problem tolerating that for otherwise PERFECTLY CLEAR skin. It's only noticably red at night when it's on anyway. I've tried all the other top treatments dermatologists recommend, but this one changed my life. Just give it a chance."

AcneFreeBrandi (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started Epiduo Forte in February and it wasn't completely effective until May. The first month was pretty rough. My skin first "purged" and I had a lot more breakouts than usual, but my dermatologist warned me this would happen. After that purge, my skin became extremely dry and when I applied Epiduo Forte it would burn extremely bad. I put vaseline around my eyes before applying the cream because that is where it burned the most. Cerave lotion was a lifesaver while using Epiduo Forte! Use it and the dryness almost completely goes away! After 3 months of use, it didn't burn or dry out my skin at all. I now experience almost no pimples and my skin is more firm and healthy than ever. I recommend trying Epiduo Forte for yourself!"

Former Mild Acne Sifferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm having really bad burning & irriations , not sure if that's normal. I've only been using for 3 days & it's definitely making my ance worst , hopefully the pain & acne will go away soon"

aaliyaahh September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been on this for 3 weeks, and I am not impressed. But since my dermatologist told me to try it for two months (and I've read others' reviews), I am going to stick it out. I didn't have horrible acne to begin with, but I was starting to get bad cystic ones on my checks, especially during my ovulation and menstrual cycle. So my doctor recommended this med. After the first week, things started to get worse! Now on week three and I have the worse acne I have had in a long time!! It is pretty embarrassing, especially considering I wasn't too bad before I started this drug. I am hopeful that things will get better, and my face will clear up, and stay clear even during those cycle times. But right now it is awful!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm a 33/f w/ cystic acne my entire life. I been using Epiduo Forte and Aczone for over 4 weeks now. I started using the Aczone daily in the AM and Epiduo every other night along with Doxy. Face started clearing w/o any dryness. Then week 2, I began using the Epiduo every night and within 2 days, my entire face broke out. But, this was expected and I knew purging might occur. However, the pimples did not last long. Only about 2 days or so and came to a head quickly. I'm pretty confident the pimples dried up quickly because of Aczone. Face got pretty dry though. So now, I use an daily exfoliant, hydrating serum (put on BEFORE meds to combat dryness/irritation), meds and CeraVe (am/pm) lotion. Works great!! Just have to be patient!"

Sooverthis44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been dealing with moderate to severe acne for well over 10 years now, but I never wanted to go on Accutane. Epiduo Forte works! I saw results in 1 week, with less and less acne coming through. It even is starting to reduce the red marks that I have from old acne. People complain that it burns and dries out their skin, but in my case it wasn't that bad. My skin was a little sensitive, burned only a little, but did get dry. It felt like a tight pulling at times and my neck was very flakey. My skin is very oily, which may cause it to not be as dry as a result of the medication. I'm working on my 5th week on Epiduo, and again I am very impressed. I have my follow up in a few weeks, and I am excited to share the results with my doctor."

Nick M December 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have only had epiduo forte for a week and the small sample tube, so obviously there's not enough to put on my face besides the one little dab my dermatologist told me too. I'm currently sitting wait for the moisturizer to soak into my skin so my face will quit burning and itching so I can get some sleep..."

Shelby Lynnnn October 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide topical)

Other brands: Epiduo