User Reviews for Epiduo Forte

Acne

Summary of Epiduo Forte reviews 7.0 34 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

For Acne "I had recently gone to the dermatologist to find a way to get rid of this disrupting acne. I had used this cream for about 4 or 5 days and the day I had forgotten to put it on. The skin that had the Epiduo Forte had burnt my skin and had chapped up my skin leaving it to feel like it was on fire."

Ariana (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Acne "I’ve used epiduo before and it “kinda sorta” worked on my skin, so when my dermatologist prescribed epiduo forte, I was excited to really see my acne go away. Currently, the epiduo forte is supplementing my doxycycline. I’ve been using epiduo forte for about two weeks now and it hasn’t done a thing to my skin, but make me sunburnt. I’m pretty brown. I don’t burn. I know two weeks is not enough time at all to make a valid review, but lots of reviews on here on are saying it worked for them in one week and that is not the case for me. Maybe I have a placebo bottle or something. I decided to do a test and compare before and after pictures of my face using an over the counter product vs epiduo forte. While both didn’t get rid of any pimples well, I saw greater acne reduction using drugstore products and absolutely none using forte. Pretty upset about the waste of money. I will continue to use it though and hope that it starts to work!"

Forte?? (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Acne "I have had pretty bad acne and hyperpigmentation for well over 20 years, and have pretty much tried it all. I recently made a last ditch effort and went to a new dermatologist who prescribed Epiduo Forte. She also preceded my treatment with a chemical peel and recommended that I not begin using the cream until my face had completely cleared from the peel. One week later, I started using Epiduo Forte and I have been on it for a little over a week. The effects have been unlike anything I have ever encountered. While my face has not completely cleared up, all my acne is gone and the severe hyperpigmentation has lightened substantially. I have never encountered a treatment that has had such an immediate effect as this - and I have done chemical peels and laser treatments to little or no avail. The cream is very drying, so be advised that you will need to moisturize. I would definitely recommend, but be conscientious about your skin's reaction to the treatment and adjust accordingly."

Che Butters (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Acne "CAUTION: this topical will burn your skin if you have a sensitive skin type (or overuse!) I, unfortunately, have and did both. Please be careful with this. A little goes a long way. If you use as a spot treatment (you really shouldn’t) it will turn that spot bright red and make it more noticeable. Listen to your derm’s instructions but also feel it out. If it burns and you start seeing MORE acne that has been caused by irritation then stop immediately!!! Call your doctor!!! This happened to me. However, it did dry up my big cystic acne...just turned my face into the Sahara desert for a couple weeks. Very hard to conceal that with makeup..."

Krys March 12, 2018

For Acne "Before this I used accutane. That worked, but the side effects were not fun (dry lips, always tired, flushed face, etc). It kept the acne away for a few months after treatment, but then it came back. I tried differin 1% for a while and that kinda worked. Eventually I went to my derm and got epiduo forte. This works great! I didn't really have the burning or flaky skin that others have described, my skin is probably really resistant. I had a small purge and it took about a month and a half before I realized I don't have any pimples on my face anymore. I use it nightly and then put cerave pm moisturizer on top. I've gotten a couple zits on my forehead when I skipped a couple of days, but they went away quickly. I highly recommend this. It's worked just as well as accutane without all the other side effects."

Vincent March 8, 2018

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed me to epiduo forte a little over a month ago. I have been taking doxycycline with it as well but feel like the epiduo is what is most effective!! At first it was sort of burning my skin and make it extremely dry so I cut back to every other day and my skin slowly got used to it. When I first started my face was entirely cleared up in a week, and now my acne is normal but applying this to the breakouts really gets them working. I am really happy with this product so far, and it is supposed to take 6-8 weeks for full results so I’m hoping I’ll see those soon! Strongly suggest"

El (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For Acne "After trying normal Epiduo for a while and having mild success I eventually decided to just try over the counter products for my mild acne. My breakouts came back very strong and I had big cystic acne that would not go away. I became desperate and eventually decided to try out Epiduo Forte. At first I didn’t see much results and it dried my face a ton. But after using a nice moisturizer in the morning (CerVe) and using the gel every night for the past month my face is really starting to clear up! My biggest advice to anyone thinking about trying it is just give it time to start working! Be diligent about your morning and nightly routine and the results will eventually come!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

For Acne "I started getting adult acne at 35. I’d never had acne in my life. It was horrible. Along my jaw line I had all kinds of acne. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, no heads...lol. I went to a dermatologist and had chemical peels. Used expensive skin care regimens prescribed by my esthetician. $1000’s later, I tried epiduo forte. I have been in treatment now for 8 weeks and I can see a remarkable difference. And it’s not just me, my husband noticed initially. Yes it stings a little and if you aren't using a moisturizer, you will get peeling and dry skin. I am sure to put on an extremely high SPF EVERY DAY. (Very important)"

Pimple pop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Acne "I’m 24 and have had moderate acne with a lot of cysts mostly on the lower half of my face for the last couple years. I started taking spironolactone in the summer, but my dermatologist also put me on retin-a-micro. I gave the retin-a about 5 months, but it just didn’t do the job for the remaining pimples I was getting. So she switched me to Epiduo Forte and I’m not even kidding, it cleared up the pimples I had and my face was clear within a few days. I didn’t have a purge phase, but I think that’s because I went straight from using retin-a to this (and I did have a pretty bad purge when I started that). I would highly recommend giving this a try if you have adult acne. I always thought it was just for teens, but it’s worked wonders for me!"

Lydiadh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

For Acne "After trying and failing many antibiotics and topicals, I began to feel as accutane would be my only solution. After switching to a dermatologist from a doctor, she recommended I try Epiduo Forte before committing to accutane. In all honesty, the first few weeks will be brutal. The itching and burning is next to unbearable along with red puffy dry skin. My acne also got worse for the first month until about one and a half months in, when all my active pimples started to shrink and disappear. However, I was left with a nasty case of hyperpigmentation, but now after almost 1 year of use I am so close to completely clear skin! (Applied every night)"

Jared17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

For Acne "Epiduo works! You have to give it time. I’m on my 6th week & my skin has dramatically cleared. Around my cycle break outs still happen but full results aren’t to be seen until around 8 weeks. Push through the purging it’s awful and my skin looked the worse it’s ever been! One day everything started improving. Washing my face with cetaphil in the morning and at night definitely made a difference as well. Keep pushing!"

Jlc1448 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

For Acne "I had bad acne and terrible cystic bumps especially around “that time”. I was getting cortisone injections at least 3 times a month for painful bumps. My doctor prescribed Epiduo Forte on 10/28/27 and my skin had been beautiful. I didn't even have a bad hormonal break out just a few small pimples that epiduo dried right out. I love this stuff and I am in awe at my skin. I will say that you NEED a good moisturizer because it will dry your skin. Other that THUMBS UP!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For Acne "I'm a little over a month using this cream to help clear mild acne. The first few weeks were horrible. Face would sting especially around mouth & corner of eyes. Skin was peeling & super dry, with dry patches appearing during the day. I use it every night & if needed would take a night off. However I stopped feeling them around week 3. My routine is: exfoliate face w/ philosophy exfoliating wash, followed with cleanse with their face wash. I apply a vitamin c serum (trueskin is the brand) leave to air dry for 2 mins then I use CeraVe daily moisturizer applying a generous amount. Wait 5mins then apply one pump epiduo forte gel on cheeks/chin. My skin looks drastically clearer. Still get break outs around cycle but they don't last long at all"

VAGirl007 December 4, 2017

For Acne "The worse thing I could’ve possibly do for my acne. I am a young African American female, I’m a brown complexion & ever since I started using this on my face, I no longer have dark spots, I have dark sections. It’s awful !"

Nae Cremè November 24, 2017

For Acne "For a couple months I had these stubborn hard, small bumps in my t-zone. I tried to do everything to get rid of them. Nothing seemed to work. I finally went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me epiduo forte and sulfate face wash called avar. After I wash my face with avar, I apply ponds cold cream which is a great moisturizer, then I apply a thin layer of epiduo forte. And sometimes I apply the epiduo first then I apply my moisturizer. It’s only been a week and my skin is clearing up already. My skin has not peeled, been dry or anything. I can feel a slight burning sensation on my face. But thats it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

For Acne "I was terrified to use epiduo after reading the reviews but once I realized I had to buffer it, it seemed much more approachable. If you're not used to using retinoids, don't put this directly on your face and don't use it every night. I took a pretty conservative approach and mostly been able to minimize pain/flaking. Here's what I do: -Wash my face with a gentle cleanser (I use Aveeno Positively Radiant) -Put on some cerave moisturizer -Wait 20 minutes -Put on the epiduo forte I only do this at night, once every 2-3 days. If I feel my skin getting irritated, I'll stop using the epiduo till it gets back to normal. Don't muck around with your skin! If it's irritated and awful, no reason to torture yourself and use the epiduo every night just use it every couple of nights"

anewyorkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

For Acne "I've had stubborn acne for years and have tried so many different products. This gel hasn't totally cleared up my skin, but it has definitely improved it. At first, I piled it on problem areas like a spot treatment and didn't follow the instructions to apply a thin layer all over every night. It didn't work that way- it needs to be used consistently. When I started using it properly, my skin got dry and irritated especially around my mouth but it adjusted pretty quickly (I skip a night when needed). My old hyperpigmentation has started to fade a bit and new breakouts go away faster, but it's not a miracle cure for me."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

For Acne "Y'ALL. This is only my 5th day on Epiduo Forte, so I don't have much insight on the medicine's effectiveness... BUT I have the cure for the burning sensation the product leaves! I got off work tonight & immediately washed my face. I use a Clearasil scrub daily, and that irritated my skin horribly! I then applied the Epiduo & my skin began to burn! I do not have sensitive skin whatsoever so I was unsure what to do. My initial thought was to apply moisturizer, which made it worse! I figured I'd let the pain pass... it didn't! After an hour it finally hit me- VITAMIN E! I use this under my eyes to prevent wrinkles and thought it might help. I specifically used Sundown Vitamin E Oil, and just applied a thin layer to my face. It worked wonders!"

CaileenParker August 16, 2017

For Acne "I have been struggling with acne for a little over five years now. I finally went to the dermatologist after trying literally every face soap on this planet and got prescribed Epiduo Forte. I have oily skin and a lot of comedones on my forehead. The first week I could see the bumps on my forehead going down and some of them even disappearing. Then the second week my face was burning and whenever I would apply my regular face wash, my face would sting and it would hurt to apply it. I would definitely recommend using a moisturizer with this prescription. My pimples have come back though and my skin is worse , I am on my third week which is purge session so I hope to see better results in the future to come."

WKEP June 23, 2017

For Acne "I started this topical ointment back in February. Skin takes quite a while to get acclimated. I'd say a month+ before it stops burning. I'd apply Epiduo followed by Aquaphor to combat the dryness and it just seals your face up for a good 20 minutes. I peeled a lot in the beginning, but I did not purge. I notice it actually makes skin much oilier since the pores are now unclogged. If I wear moisturizer under makeup, I'm an oil slick by noon. I try to avoid moisturizer now. I still have gotten pimples and a cyst so I'm not sure how amazing this is. Also, someone said use this in the morning. Please don't do that. "

Katzie105 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

For Acne "This med lost one point only bc of it's so pricey epiduo forte has totally changed my life!! I have tried seriously EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne. I'm 20, almost 21, and have been fighting it since I was like 14!! Trying med after med, everything a failure. then I tried epiduo forte!! for the first couple months I was like, "whatever another failure" bc I didn't see any results. But then the 3rd month hit! and I haven't had acne since!! so here's my advice for epiduo forte users: 1) USE LOTION W/ IT! something like cerave or cetaphil. put just a SMALL drop that you spread all over then use lotion on top of that 2) use it at morning AND night (w/ lotion) if you need to! I saw better results this way 3) Don't give up on it. give it 3 month"

Bekah0530 February 27, 2017

For Acne "I've been using Epiduo for maybe 4 months now. I use a pea-sized amount all over my face every night. I have to say, it didn't do wonders for my skin. It caused peeling, dry patches, and super sensitive skin. Whenever I wash my face with Cetaphil, it burns. Moisturizing my face burns as well. I know it's suppose to get worse before it gets better but I've just seen no improvements. It wasn't for me but maybe it'll work for you :)"

Sophhhhh February 10, 2017

For Acne "I'm on my 10th week of the drug, and it usually takes 12-16 week to see the full effects.I apply it at nighttime, and sometimes apply a layer of moisturizer 15-30 minutes afterwards. It dried me out SO much in my first month and a half of use that I had to start skipping nights and use three layers of moisturizer. My skin burned when I would put on my lotion because it was THAT dry. I now use it everyday and still have 2-4 active breakouts at any given time. I also get A LOT of small whiteheads (those may be from shaving my face though) and I extract them myself, which probably isn't a good idea. My skin is definitely better on the medication than off, I just hope the results are better in 2-4 additional weeks of use."

KKD1066 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

For Acne "I have mild acne with redness and blackheads. I started using Epiduo Forte and it took only 2 weeks for my skin to look 100% better. I used a VERY small amount (even less than a pea size to start). My skin did get dry but I moisturized a lot and then increased the amount to an actual pea size. My skin, which is actually very sensitive, adjusted pretty well to this and I'm very happy with the results. Wait 20 minutes after you wash your face, to apply the Epiduo and then after applying it, wait another 20 minutes to moisturize. This helps eliminate the burning sensation that might occur...it did for me."

kitty16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

For Acne "Been using this gel for about almost a month now and I can tell it works! My doctor told me to start off slow... But I didn't listen. I use this every night and apply it during the day time if I want to make sure I have no new acne coming. Over all I can't wait to see my skin in 3 months from now."

Golden Doll (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016