User Reviews for Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Epiduo Forte.

Acne 7 reviews 525 medications

6.8
Summary of Epiduo Forte reviews 7 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

For Acne "I used the original Epiduo all through 4 years of high school and in combination with a generic triphasic birth control pill and Neutrogena salicylic acid face wash, I completely cleared my terrible, depressing cystic acne. After high school I switched birth control and got the acne again, so I went back to my high school routine and it was better, but not as perfect. I tried the new Forte version and I'm clear as can be again at 21. It has always made my face redder than my body, but I have no problem tolerating that for otherwise PERFECTLY CLEAR skin. It's only noticably red at night when it's on anyway. I've tried all the other top treatments dermatologists recommend, but this one changed my life. Just give it a chance."

AcneFreeBrandi (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 8, 2016

For Acne "I started Epiduo Forte in February and it wasn't completely effective until May. The first month was pretty rough. My skin first "purged" and I had a lot more breakouts than usual, but my dermatologist warned me this would happen. After that purge, my skin became extremely dry and when I applied Epiduo Forte it would burn extremely bad. I put vaseline around my eyes before applying the cream because that is where it burned the most. Cerave lotion was a lifesaver while using Epiduo Forte! Use it and the dryness almost completely goes away! After 3 months of use, it didn't burn or dry out my skin at all. I now experience almost no pimples and my skin is more firm and healthy than ever. I recommend trying Epiduo Forte for yourself!"

Former Mild Acne Sifferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2016

For Acne "I'm having really bad burning & irriations , not sure if that's normal. I've only been using for 3 days & it's definitely making my ance worst , hopefully the pain & acne will go away soon"

aaliyaahh September 10, 2016

For Acne "I have been on this for 3 weeks, and I am not impressed. But since my dermatologist told me to try it for two months (and I've read others' reviews), I am going to stick it out. I didn't have horrible acne to begin with, but I was starting to get bad cystic ones on my checks, especially during my ovulation and menstrual cycle. So my doctor recommended this med. After the first week, things started to get worse! Now on week three and I have the worse acne I have had in a long time!! It is pretty embarrassing, especially considering I wasn't too bad before I started this drug. I am hopeful that things will get better, and my face will clear up, and stay clear even during those cycle times. But right now it is awful!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Acne "I'm a 33/f w/ cystic acne my entire life. I been using Epiduo Forte and Aczone for over 4 weeks now. I started using the Aczone daily in the AM and Epiduo every other night along with Doxy. Face started clearing w/o any dryness. Then week 2, I began using the Epiduo every night and within 2 days, my entire face broke out. But, this was expected and I knew purging might occur. However, the pimples did not last long. Only about 2 days or so and came to a head quickly. I'm pretty confident the pimples dried up quickly because of Aczone. Face got pretty dry though. So now, I use an daily exfoliant, hydrating serum (put on BEFORE meds to combat dryness/irritation), meds and CeraVe (am/pm) lotion. Works great!! Just have to be patient!"

Sooverthis44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

For Acne "I've been dealing with moderate to severe acne for well over 10 years now, but I never wanted to go on Accutane. Epiduo Forte works! I saw results in 1 week, with less and less acne coming through. It even is starting to reduce the red marks that I have from old acne. People complain that it burns and dries out their skin, but in my case it wasn't that bad. My skin was a little sensitive, burned only a little, but did get dry. It felt like a tight pulling at times and my neck was very flakey. My skin is very oily, which may cause it to not be as dry as a result of the medication. I'm working on my 5th week on Epiduo, and again I am very impressed. I have my follow up in a few weeks, and I am excited to share the results with my doctor."

Nick M December 8, 2015

For Acne "I have only had epiduo forte for a week and the small sample tube, so obviously there's not enough to put on my face besides the one little dab my dermatologist told me too. I'm currently sitting wait for the moisturizer to soak into my skin so my face will quit burning and itching so I can get some sleep..."

Shelby Lynnnn October 30, 2015

More about Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide topical)