User Reviews for Epiduo Forte

Acne
7.1

Summary of Epiduo Forte reviews 7.1 50 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

For Acne "I have struggled with cystic acne for years - sometimes it was just the week before my period, but the last 2-3 years it was constant with the occasional break. I can see now that my "good" days really weren't good because about a week after I was prescribed this my skin was completely clear and has remained that way. I could cry, I had no idea it was possible for my skin to look this good. I went to Ulta for new concealer, and the woman working there asked what I was trying to conceal, it's made my skin 100% blemish free 99.9% of the time - the other .001% is when I had maybe one small one - but that's literally just ONE small pimple & it clears up quick. It has made my skin more even, helped with prior acne scars - I can get away with no make-up, and don't have to worry if I accidentally wear make-up to workout."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Acne "I struggled with a sudden burst of cystic acne on my cheeks for about a year before I finally went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Epiduo Forte along with a foam cleanser and sunscreen. The first two to three weeks were hell on my skin, it was dry, red, scaly and after that my skin got a few more breakouts. It wasn't until about two months of use that I really started to see my skin change for the better. Overall, after using Epiduo for six months in total, my face is completely clear and about 85% of the scaring the acne had caused is gone."

Anon734 September 9, 2018

For Acne "I do not recommend this!!!! I got a sample from my dermatologist and used it twice. I may be a rare case, but I’m experiencing a severe allergic reaction. My entire face is swollen, eye lids, severe bumps, redness, burning, itchiness, the list goes on. My skin is not cut out for this strong stuff."

Court (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Acne "I started using epiduo forte almost 8 weeks ago. I used as prescribed (slowly increasing use over time). For the two weeks or so, my skin purged and got worse (more pimples in the areas that normally broke out), but at about that 3-4 week mark I started to really see a difference in my skin, and got super excited. But now, for the past two weeks, my skin is pretty much right back to how it was before I started. Not terrible, but definitely not good, perhaps maybe even worse than before. I’m not sure what I may have done wrong, but if this is how my skin will continue to look using this, I’m going to stop. Also, this medication is extremely drying (especially around the mouth area) and causes your skin to flake and sometimes itch and slightly burn. I’m disappointed, but hoping to give it two more weeks before throwing it in the trash."

Kat August 19, 2018

For Acne "I don’t even know where to start... I struggled with back acne for 3 years. I used every drugstore product including neutrogena, clean and clear, pro activ, x-out, and many others. Epiduo was recommended to my by my dermatologist. THIS WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME! With applying this all over my back along with a cera ve foam cleanser, my back acne is now gone after 3 weeks of use. I couldn’t be much happier and this product is a go!"

liz (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Acne "I started epiduo forte about two months ago and didn’t see much of a difference in my skin until about a week ago. Combined with drinking lots of water, moisturizing, and ALWAYS wearing sunscreen when I go outside, this has worked miracles for not only my acne but also hyper-pigmentation. I experienced a lot of the burning, itching, peeling etc. at first, but after consistently using it and giving it time my skin looks much better!"

Han (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Acne "Epiduo Forte is probably one of the most effective topicals I've used to date (suffered from hormonal cystic acne for 8 years now) and definitely more effective than Epiduo. I've never written a review for an acne medication before so trust me when I say I rely on Epiduo Forte as an effective spot treatment. I find this topical to really help in thwarting those angry cystic pimples and stop em in their tracks. If I get them early and apply the Forte they usually go away or just turn into a regular/smaller pimple with a head. The only thing I hate about it is that it makes the area where you apply the epiduo forte EXTREMELY dried out and flaky, which sucks for a foundation-wearer like myself. The flaking doesn't fully subside til about a week so if you want your makeup to look smooth try not to apply the night before or just apply a very thin layer."

nycluv July 23, 2018

For Acne "I went to the dermatologist and this is what I was put on. Within the first two weeks I noticed my acne really clearing up. After that, my acne just went downhill, bigger pimples started occurring and I still have not seen a difference, only my face getting worse."

em (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

For Acne "Worked for me!!"

Debbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Acne "I have been using Epiduo Forte about 6 weeks and I am still stuck with my red and huge patches. My face now looks worse before I started this cream. I am a little bit concerned since I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks of treatment. I asked my dermatologist why but she said I'm still purging. My gut says that it doesn't seem like a purge though. Six months ago, I was prescribed with Epiduo and it did wonders to my skin in about 1-2 months."

Fly July 3, 2018

For Acne "I just started using epiduo forte, I'm not even a week in and my acne is going away so fast !! I’m in love with this product !! I was an accutane user prior to this and after a year off accutane my cystic acne was coming back ! My dermatologist prescribed me epido forte and I couldn’t be any happier with her decision because now my skin is glowing already and my acne is going away !!"

Jozlyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Acne "When I first started using epiduo, my skin became very dry and painful. It also peeled. Within the first two-four weeks, my skin got slightly worse. However, after one month, it began to work like nothing else I’d ever used. It was great for the skin-colored bumps on my forehead and normal acne. I strongly recommend using coconut oil as a moisturizer when on this medicine. It helps profusely, and it helps minimize the initial dryness/pain/peeling that this medicine causes. It is totally worth the money and beginning side effects!!! Best thing for my acne!"

MK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

For Acne "After high school, I developed mild-occasionally moderate acne all around my mouth and chin. Doxycycline helped clear it up but it just came back after I stopped taking it. My doc prescribed epiduo forte and I have been using it for five months in my mouth area only. It took a decent while to work- initially fluctuating between good and bad skin, before gradually but consistently getting better. BEWARE! You need to ease into it. I started out using it every night, and about a week later at the beach, the sunscreen and salt water made my face burn so badly. Occasionally now I get a similar burning when putting on moisturiser, in which case I just don't apply the Epiduo for a night. It has also made my skin a lot drier and flaky, but I put up with it because overall it has really improved my acne and I am happy with the outcome. Ease into it, stick with it (if it isn't too harsh for you) for at least a few months to see results, but read your skin day by day to adjust your routine."

Olivia May 15, 2018

For Acne "This is been the absolute worst experience I have ever had!!. It was delivered four streets over to the wrong address and the young lady was kind enough to bring the package by my home. So I tried it on Monday: 1 pump. I put on at about 9:30, waited two minutes & went to bed. I woke up not 15 minutes later with my face feeling like it is on fire. Went to the bathroom washed my face, it did not help. I had to get an ice pack to numb my face, took several ibuprofens and went to bed. When I woke up I had basically chemical burns from the medication under my jaw, my entire face is swollen. And I had to contact my dermatologist to prescribe me to help. That was Monday and today is Friday and I am still feeling the effects. My face still feels like it’s on fire and being eaten by fire ants, and washing my face with warm water is not an option because it stings like crazy. I would not recommend this to anyone ever.!!!"

Toya May 11, 2018

For Acne "So I have tried many products and pills having little to no results, I started struggling with acne during college seemingly out of no where. Epiduo Forte is the ONLY thing that works for me. On the other reviews some people reported have a burnt/fiery feeling on their face. I experienced this as well. This is what happens when you try to get your face used to the medication. I talked to my dermatologist and he recommended cutting back from using it every night to every other night which helped a lot! I also experienced an itching and peeling stage which I would GLADLY go through again to get my face in the shape its in now! I wish I could upload photos of before and after this medicine. I don't wear any foundation or cover up anymore because my skin literally glows! Do not be afraid to give Ep. Forte a try!!"

Wren K May 3, 2018

For Acne "I’ve had pretty severe acne since 5th grade and have been on accutane twice. The accutane wasn’t a pleasant experience and although it did eventually clear my skin, my acne came back after a few months of being off of it. Between the end of my second round of accutane and the start of using Epiduo forte, my dermatologist prescribed me various different retinoids and oral prescriptions that never really worked. It really took a toll on my self-confidence and I thought I would never find something that would clear my skin. Around three months ago I was prescribed Epiduo forte and my skin hasn’t been this clear ever. I have a little bit of discoloration and scarring and will get a pimple every so often but will go away almost overnight. Other than that my skin is completely clear and I can’t recommend this product enough! From looking at other reviews and using my own experience, if accutane didn’t work for you, this product most likely will!"

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Acne "I had recently gone to the dermatologist to find a way to get rid of this disrupting acne. I had used this cream for about 4 or 5 days and the day I had forgotten to put it on. The skin that had the Epiduo Forte had burnt my skin and had chapped up my skin leaving it to feel like it was on fire."

Ariana (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Acne "I’ve used epiduo before and it “kinda sorta” worked on my skin, so when my dermatologist prescribed epiduo forte, I was excited to really see my acne go away. Currently, the epiduo forte is supplementing my doxycycline. I’ve been using epiduo forte for about two weeks now and it hasn’t done a thing to my skin, but make me sunburnt. I’m pretty brown. I don’t burn. I know two weeks is not enough time at all to make a valid review, but lots of reviews on here on are saying it worked for them in one week and that is not the case for me. Maybe I have a placebo bottle or something. I decided to do a test and compare before and after pictures of my face using an over the counter product vs epiduo forte. While both didn’t get rid of any pimples well, I saw greater acne reduction using drugstore products and absolutely none using forte. Pretty upset about the waste of money. I will continue to use it though and hope that it starts to work!"

Forte?? (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Acne "I have had pretty bad acne and hyperpigmentation for well over 20 years, and have pretty much tried it all. I recently made a last ditch effort and went to a new dermatologist who prescribed Epiduo Forte. She also preceded my treatment with a chemical peel and recommended that I not begin using the cream until my face had completely cleared from the peel. One week later, I started using Epiduo Forte and I have been on it for a little over a week. The effects have been unlike anything I have ever encountered. While my face has not completely cleared up, all my acne is gone and the severe hyperpigmentation has lightened substantially. I have never encountered a treatment that has had such an immediate effect as this - and I have done chemical peels and laser treatments to little or no avail. The cream is very drying, so be advised that you will need to moisturize. I would definitely recommend, but be conscientious about your skin's reaction to the treatment and adjust accordingly."

Che Butters (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Acne "CAUTION: this topical will burn your skin if you have a sensitive skin type (or overuse!) I, unfortunately, have and did both. Please be careful with this. A little goes a long way. If you use as a spot treatment (you really shouldn’t) it will turn that spot bright red and make it more noticeable. Listen to your derm’s instructions but also feel it out. If it burns and you start seeing MORE acne that has been caused by irritation then stop immediately!!! Call your doctor!!! This happened to me. However, it did dry up my big cystic acne...just turned my face into the Sahara desert for a couple weeks. Very hard to conceal that with makeup..."

Krys March 12, 2018

For Acne "Before this I used accutane. That worked, but the side effects were not fun (dry lips, always tired, flushed face, etc). It kept the acne away for a few months after treatment, but then it came back. I tried differin 1% for a while and that kinda worked. Eventually I went to my derm and got epiduo forte. This works great! I didn't really have the burning or flaky skin that others have described, my skin is probably really resistant. I had a small purge and it took about a month and a half before I realized I don't have any pimples on my face anymore. I use it nightly and then put cerave pm moisturizer on top. I've gotten a couple zits on my forehead when I skipped a couple of days, but they went away quickly. I highly recommend this. It's worked just as well as accutane without all the other side effects."

Vincent March 8, 2018

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed me to epiduo forte a little over a month ago. I have been taking doxycycline with it as well but feel like the epiduo is what is most effective!! At first it was sort of burning my skin and make it extremely dry so I cut back to every other day and my skin slowly got used to it. When I first started my face was entirely cleared up in a week, and now my acne is normal but applying this to the breakouts really gets them working. I am really happy with this product so far, and it is supposed to take 6-8 weeks for full results so I’m hoping I’ll see those soon! Strongly suggest"

El (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For Acne "After trying normal Epiduo for a while and having mild success I eventually decided to just try over the counter products for my mild acne. My breakouts came back very strong and I had big cystic acne that would not go away. I became desperate and eventually decided to try out Epiduo Forte. At first I didn’t see much results and it dried my face a ton. But after using a nice moisturizer in the morning (CerVe) and using the gel every night for the past month my face is really starting to clear up! My biggest advice to anyone thinking about trying it is just give it time to start working! Be diligent about your morning and nightly routine and the results will eventually come!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

For Acne "I started getting adult acne at 35. I’d never had acne in my life. It was horrible. Along my jaw line I had all kinds of acne. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, no heads...lol. I went to a dermatologist and had chemical peels. Used expensive skin care regimens prescribed by my esthetician. $1000’s later, I tried epiduo forte. I have been in treatment now for 8 weeks and I can see a remarkable difference. And it’s not just me, my husband noticed initially. Yes it stings a little and if you aren't using a moisturizer, you will get peeling and dry skin. I am sure to put on an extremely high SPF EVERY DAY. (Very important)"

Pimple pop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Acne "I’m 24 and have had moderate acne with a lot of cysts mostly on the lower half of my face for the last couple years. I started taking spironolactone in the summer, but my dermatologist also put me on retin-a-micro. I gave the retin-a about 5 months, but it just didn’t do the job for the remaining pimples I was getting. So she switched me to Epiduo Forte and I’m not even kidding, it cleared up the pimples I had and my face was clear within a few days. I didn’t have a purge phase, but I think that’s because I went straight from using retin-a to this (and I did have a pretty bad purge when I started that). I would highly recommend giving this a try if you have adult acne. I always thought it was just for teens, but it’s worked wonders for me!"

Lydiadh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

Page 1 2

Micromedex® Care Notes

More about Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide topical)

Other brands: Epiduo