User Reviews for Epiduo Forte to treat Acne

Epiduo Forte Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 391 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo Forte

"Hello my name is Dana, I have been on this acne treatment prescribed by my dermatologist about 3 months ago. I'm still currently using the product. When I first started using Epiduo 3 weeks had gone by I noticed a cycle called skin purging. It's been 85 days since I started using Epiduo Forte, I also use it with another treatment that I put on my face in the morning which would be Aczone. I am still purging, what I have noticed is whenever I would purge and the pimples would turn into scabs and go away it would leave blemishes and scarring. I am not sure if Epiduo is supposed to do this to my skin or if that's also part of the purging stage, but I am still waiting patiently for my acne to clear up. My chin and side cheeks has cleared up pretty good, but it left blemishes on my chin. Please let me know what is happening and why it is leaving blemishes and why I am still purging this late in the month."

Dana (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

"I used epiduo forte for 3 days and it made my acne much more and gave me 5 blind pimples that took weeks to go away. Now whenever I try to use any kind of face cleanser my skin burns so bad. I read the reviews and thought it would not happen to me but it did. DO NOT USE!!!"

Burnnnn (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

"I just started using this, I probably put it on a grand total of 6 times, and my face is horrible. My face is swollen, red hot (to the touch and actually), peeling, my eyes are swollen, itchy, and dry. On the flip side though, I only used it a few times and haven’t used it since and my face has cleared up already. All my acne is not gone but it is clearing up."

Anonymous December 24, 2018

"My daughter's dermatologist prescribed this after she went off of accutane and started getting breakouts again. Accutane cleared her skin up amazingly, but we didn't want to put her back on it if it wasn't necessary. Epiduo Forte really does work. She has been using it for 10 months and her skin looks as clear as it did after 6+ months of accutane. She does still get breakouts, but nothing like before. And she has tried many prescription topical treatments and pills over the years, and none of those worked. She has also managed to make one bottle last 10 months, so she's probably not using enough, but she does say it is very drying. It's very expensive, so be sure and ask your doctor if they know of any rebate programs for it. We get it for $75 after insurance discount and rebate."

mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

"I have had very bad acne but after discovering Epiduo Forte, my face has definitely cleared up. I like how strong it is and I love how quickly it works. The only downside to this medicine is that it makes your skin very very dry, sometimes so dry that my skin would flake off and it would sting to use lotion."

Jen November 26, 2018

"I have struggled with acne since the 7th grade and now it all these years later my skin is pretty much pimple free! I have been using it for 6 months. My only problem now is left over acne marks but those take a bit longer to fade with this stuff. I recommend this for anyone with mild acne!"

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

"I started this product about 7 weeks ago and it has done nothing but make my skin so much worse. I don't even want to look at my face in the mirror anymore and hoping to see results soon. If not I will be returning to the products I used to use"

Anonymous October 30, 2018

"I have struggled with cystic acne for years - sometimes it was just the week before my period, but the last 2-3 years it was constant with the occasional break. I can see now that my "good" days really weren't good because about a week after I was prescribed this my skin was completely clear and has remained that way. I could cry, I had no idea it was possible for my skin to look this good. I went to Ulta for new concealer, and the woman working there asked what I was trying to conceal, it's made my skin 100% blemish free 99.9% of the time - the other .001% is when I had maybe one small one - but that's literally just ONE small pimple & it clears up quick. It has made my skin more even, helped with prior acne scars - I can get away with no make-up, and don't have to worry if I accidentally wear make-up to workout."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

"I struggled with a sudden burst of cystic acne on my cheeks for about a year before I finally went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Epiduo Forte along with a foam cleanser and sunscreen. The first two to three weeks were hell on my skin, it was dry, red, scaly and after that my skin got a few more breakouts. It wasn't until about two months of use that I really started to see my skin change for the better. Overall, after using Epiduo for six months in total, my face is completely clear and about 85% of the scaring the acne had caused is gone."

Anon734 September 9, 2018

"I do not recommend this!!!! I got a sample from my dermatologist and used it twice. I may be a rare case, but I’m experiencing a severe allergic reaction. My entire face is swollen, eye lids, severe bumps, redness, burning, itchiness, the list goes on. My skin is not cut out for this strong stuff."

Court (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

"I started using epiduo forte almost 8 weeks ago. I used as prescribed (slowly increasing use over time). For the two weeks or so, my skin purged and got worse (more pimples in the areas that normally broke out), but at about that 3-4 week mark I started to really see a difference in my skin, and got super excited. But now, for the past two weeks, my skin is pretty much right back to how it was before I started. Not terrible, but definitely not good, perhaps maybe even worse than before. I’m not sure what I may have done wrong, but if this is how my skin will continue to look using this, I’m going to stop. Also, this medication is extremely drying (especially around the mouth area) and causes your skin to flake and sometimes itch and slightly burn. I’m disappointed, but hoping to give it two more weeks before throwing it in the trash."

Kat August 19, 2018

"I don’t even know where to start... I struggled with back acne for 3 years. I used every drugstore product including neutrogena, clean and clear, pro activ, x-out, and many others. Epiduo was recommended to my by my dermatologist. THIS WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME! With applying this all over my back along with a cera ve foam cleanser, my back acne is now gone after 3 weeks of use. I couldn’t be much happier and this product is a go!"

liz (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

"I started epiduo forte about two months ago and didn’t see much of a difference in my skin until about a week ago. Combined with drinking lots of water, moisturizing, and ALWAYS wearing sunscreen when I go outside, this has worked miracles for not only my acne but also hyper-pigmentation. I experienced a lot of the burning, itching, peeling etc. at first, but after consistently using it and giving it time my skin looks much better!"

Han (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

"Epiduo Forte is probably one of the most effective topicals I've used to date (suffered from hormonal cystic acne for 8 years now) and definitely more effective than Epiduo. I've never written a review for an acne medication before so trust me when I say I rely on Epiduo Forte as an effective spot treatment. I find this topical to really help in thwarting those angry cystic pimples and stop em in their tracks. If I get them early and apply the Forte they usually go away or just turn into a regular/smaller pimple with a head. The only thing I hate about it is that it makes the area where you apply the epiduo forte EXTREMELY dried out and flaky, which sucks for a foundation-wearer like myself. The flaking doesn't fully subside til about a week so if you want your makeup to look smooth try not to apply the night before or just apply a very thin layer."

nycluv July 23, 2018

"I went to the dermatologist and this is what I was put on. Within the first two weeks I noticed my acne really clearing up. After that, my acne just went downhill, bigger pimples started occurring and I still have not seen a difference, only my face getting worse."

em (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

"Worked for me!!"

Debbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

"I have been using Epiduo Forte about 6 weeks and I am still stuck with my red and huge patches. My face now looks worse before I started this cream. I am a little bit concerned since I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks of treatment. I asked my dermatologist why but she said I'm still purging. My gut says that it doesn't seem like a purge though. Six months ago, I was prescribed with Epiduo and it did wonders to my skin in about 1-2 months."

Fly July 3, 2018

"I just started using epiduo forte, I'm not even a week in and my acne is going away so fast !! I’m in love with this product !! I was an accutane user prior to this and after a year off accutane my cystic acne was coming back ! My dermatologist prescribed me epido forte and I couldn’t be any happier with her decision because now my skin is glowing already and my acne is going away !!"

Jozlyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

"When I first started using epiduo, my skin became very dry and painful. It also peeled. Within the first two-four weeks, my skin got slightly worse. However, after one month, it began to work like nothing else I’d ever used. It was great for the skin-colored bumps on my forehead and normal acne. I strongly recommend using coconut oil as a moisturizer when on this medicine. It helps profusely, and it helps minimize the initial dryness/pain/peeling that this medicine causes. It is totally worth the money and beginning side effects!!! Best thing for my acne!"

MK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

"After high school, I developed mild-occasionally moderate acne all around my mouth and chin. Doxycycline helped clear it up but it just came back after I stopped taking it. My doc prescribed epiduo forte and I have been using it for five months in my mouth area only. It took a decent while to work- initially fluctuating between good and bad skin, before gradually but consistently getting better. BEWARE! You need to ease into it. I started out using it every night, and about a week later at the beach, the sunscreen and salt water made my face burn so badly. Occasionally now I get a similar burning when putting on moisturiser, in which case I just don't apply the Epiduo for a night. It has also made my skin a lot drier and flaky, but I put up with it because overall it has really improved my acne and I am happy with the outcome. Ease into it, stick with it (if it isn't too harsh for you) for at least a few months to see results, but read your skin day by day to adjust your routine."

Olivia May 15, 2018

"This is been the absolute worst experience I have ever had!!. It was delivered four streets over to the wrong address and the young lady was kind enough to bring the package by my home. So I tried it on Monday: 1 pump. I put on at about 9:30, waited two minutes & went to bed. I woke up not 15 minutes later with my face feeling like it is on fire. Went to the bathroom washed my face, it did not help. I had to get an ice pack to numb my face, took several ibuprofens and went to bed. When I woke up I had basically chemical burns from the medication under my jaw, my entire face is swollen. And I had to contact my dermatologist to prescribe me to help. That was Monday and today is Friday and I am still feeling the effects. My face still feels like it’s on fire and being eaten by fire ants, and washing my face with warm water is not an option because it stings like crazy. I would not recommend this to anyone ever.!!!"

Toya May 11, 2018

"So I have tried many products and pills having little to no results, I started struggling with acne during college seemingly out of no where. Epiduo Forte is the ONLY thing that works for me. On the other reviews some people reported have a burnt/fiery feeling on their face. I experienced this as well. This is what happens when you try to get your face used to the medication. I talked to my dermatologist and he recommended cutting back from using it every night to every other night which helped a lot! I also experienced an itching and peeling stage which I would GLADLY go through again to get my face in the shape its in now! I wish I could upload photos of before and after this medicine. I don't wear any foundation or cover up anymore because my skin literally glows! Do not be afraid to give Ep. Forte a try!!"

Wren K May 3, 2018

"I’ve had pretty severe acne since 5th grade and have been on accutane twice. The accutane wasn’t a pleasant experience and although it did eventually clear my skin, my acne came back after a few months of being off of it. Between the end of my second round of accutane and the start of using Epiduo forte, my dermatologist prescribed me various different retinoids and oral prescriptions that never really worked. It really took a toll on my self-confidence and I thought I would never find something that would clear my skin. Around three months ago I was prescribed Epiduo forte and my skin hasn’t been this clear ever. I have a little bit of discoloration and scarring and will get a pimple every so often but will go away almost overnight. Other than that my skin is completely clear and I can’t recommend this product enough! From looking at other reviews and using my own experience, if accutane didn’t work for you, this product most likely will!"

G (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

"I had recently gone to the dermatologist to find a way to get rid of this disrupting acne. I had used this cream for about 4 or 5 days and the day I had forgotten to put it on. The skin that had the Epiduo Forte had burnt my skin and had chapped up my skin leaving it to feel like it was on fire."

Ariana (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

"I’ve used epiduo before and it “kinda sorta” worked on my skin, so when my dermatologist prescribed epiduo forte, I was excited to really see my acne go away. Currently, the epiduo forte is supplementing my doxycycline. I’ve been using epiduo forte for about two weeks now and it hasn’t done a thing to my skin, but make me sunburnt. I’m pretty brown. I don’t burn. I know two weeks is not enough time at all to make a valid review, but lots of reviews on here on are saying it worked for them in one week and that is not the case for me. Maybe I have a placebo bottle or something. I decided to do a test and compare before and after pictures of my face using an over the counter product vs epiduo forte. While both didn’t get rid of any pimples well, I saw greater acne reduction using drugstore products and absolutely none using forte. Pretty upset about the waste of money. I will continue to use it though and hope that it starts to work!"

Forte?? (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

Learn more about Acne

More about Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide topical)

Other brands: Epiduo