User Reviews for Zovirax Cream

Learn more about Zovirax Cream.

Zovirax Cream Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Cold Sores.

Reviews for Zovirax Cream to treat Cold Sores

"My son had a cold sores out break, got a Zovirax cream as treatment. It works well but the cream ran out before cold sore. I paid $14 for a tube 2g of Zovirax, the amount of cream not even cover 3 days treatment. The tube with a size of lips sunscreen but the amount of cream inside is ridiculously tiny. Such a ripoff, please consider low income consumer with your products."

Rip-off (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zovirax cream has 50mg of acyclovir in it -doesn't it? It was in the contents ingredients information list. Zovirax cream is a MIRACLE CURE!! Coldsores -dab it on asap a small tiny bit -Bumps on skin like welts or hives (Shingles?) +very painful +scary looking like chicken pox -connect the bumps/dots. It's stress+anxiety like someone else said...lack of sleep+you haven't been eating since the ?other? day+working extra daysTHENnights+ little catnap sleeps+ you find junk sugar loaded snacks +even the fruit+applesauce cups+granola =huge sugar/salt +sugar drinks+ creamy sugar coffee day+night to just get through those sudden double shifts =Reactions- cold sores +hive like sores+ACNE! Omg! ZOVIRAX by prescription will save YOUR day!!! : )"

NotSpankysGirlAnymore (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 21 years old and just suffered from my first major breakout of cold sores in my life. It was pretty bad and I was frustrated from the unsightly sores appearing on my lips and mouth. I also had an outbreak just below my eye in the sensitive skin. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me with the Zovirax cream and I saw a lessened appearance in worst of the cold sores on my lip in less than 24 hours. While it takes time for them to heal, I definitely think this is a worthwhile drug. It cost me $45 so its not super cheap, but it really alleviated some of my symptoms. I had another cold sore forming on my lip just below the bad one and it stopped that one dead in its tracks and I already see it healing and not blistering. Worth it!"

Izz (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had to immediately clean it off my lips. The burning from this cream was far too intense for me. I'm 35 weeks pregnant so my immune system is already compromised. This is the worst cold sore outbreak I've had, where pills, supplements, home remedies, and Abreva hasn't helped. I pray that it clears up soon."

GSmith19 December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It doesn't stop a cold sore forming and doesn't stop the pain and tingling. It may however reduce the size of the cold sores"

Everlast October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm from the uk and Zovirax cost £6 which is probably $9 for a small little tube, it's rubbish, felt tingle so went straight to the shop and bought Zovirax, been applying it every 4-5 hours, 3 days later and the cold sore has blistered at side of my mouth, would of been better using tcp, it burns a bit but it does the job"

Danny boy2508 May 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I do suffer from cold sores, especially when I'm stressed. Unfortuently I don't get the tingling stage, I just wake up to a bump on my lip. For anyone that knows me, I absolutely hate cold sores! It makes me feel so crap about myself. I used to suffer really bad to the point it would spread, and it would have 3-4 coldsores on my lips very painful! Nothing would help. Until I found this cream! It is an angel from above, a God send. This cream clears my coldsores up within a day!! So next morning I wake up and it's gone, even when it's blistered, it's gone! It's expensive for a tiny tube but defiantly worth it!!"

Kirsty123 May 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"living in UK i doubt if the ingredients are changed in zovirax here but I've been getting cold sores (mayby 10-15 a year..) since I was little and have always been using zovirax and now more commonly the compeed patches. The stuff is useless if anything it spreads it around even though I keep immaculate hygene with them, only using cotton but to apply etc. The only thing the cream seems to do is hold it at the stage its at and as soon as the cream is off for more than half a day it erupts again... I can have the cream on for ten days at a time. NOT CHEAP AND NOT EFFECTIVE. HELP"

Shannon110992 February 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Honestly one of the best treatments for HSV or coldsores around! I start feeling a cold sore coming on (a tingling, burning sensation) and on goes the Zovirax. Instant relief from the pain and the sore stops in it's tracks! Definitely worth every penny of that "

K-Pop (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been suffering with cold sores for 20 years now, they usually happen once a year. I am so horrified when they happen, I take work off, and basically live in my house for 2 weeks. I came across a YouTube video after feeling a bump coming on and that's when I came across Zovirax. I thought what the heck I've tried everything else. I went to my doctor same day (thank god I got in). It cost me about 90$ but it was worth it. This stuff is a god send! My cold sore was already at the blister stage so it was day 2. Applied the cream all day for 2 days, you can't even tell I have a cold sore! There is nothing! I wish I knew about this stuff years ago. Would have saved me a lot of agony."

Deedee111 November 22, 2015

"it is very effective!"

Anonymous March 18, 2010

"Great treatment!"

Anonymous November 22, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I feel a cold sore coming on (tingle) I rub it on and it stops the outbreak. Only thing is it tastes horrible; sometimes it's hard not to rub your lips around the mouth without getting some in."

Anonymous December 10, 2008