User Reviews for Acyclovir

Cold Sores
8.4

Summary of Acyclovir reviews 8.5 42 reviews

Reviews for Acyclovir

For Cold Sores: "Works every time if you get it at the first signs of a cold sore. For US cold sore sufferers can who make it to Mexico, you can get it over the counter under a generic brand for 65 pesos at any supermarket with a pharmacy - that is about $3 USD."

sam (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "The cold sores usually don't even appear if I apply the cream at the first signs of tingling. Once, I failed to catch the tingly symptoms at the start, and only realised when my lips began to harden and split. I rushed to the pharmacy to purchase Zovirax, and I managed to dodge the embarrassing process of allowing the cold sore to fully blister and crust. I bet no one even suspected I had cold sores. I don't know why everyone is comparing prices here, but it costs approximately USD $15 for a 2g tube where I come from. Just apply a little will do, I'm not sure why someone mentioned finishing the 2g tube within 3 days. It can last me two years, before it expires. Read the directions that it comes with."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Had a wedding and got a cold sore 3 says prior. Used the cream every half hour till the day. Totally disappeared. Couldn't even see them in the photos. Highly recommend to everyone."

Simo (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "This stuff is amazing does not burn, it heals the pain & cold sore"

Kitty kat June 15, 2018

For Cold Sores: "The best medicine for cold sores! I apply it as much as possible throughout the day and have never had a blister since using it. Would recommend it to everyone."

MiracleCream (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I just want to mention that in my country zovirax costs something like 10$ 10g! I cannot believe how expensive is in US. Thats insane"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Zovirax cream is amazing. I hardly ever get an actual cold sore anymore, because I apply the cream as soon as I feel any tingle and it prevents the outbreak. Well, 3 days ago, I missed the tingle because I had a huge pimple forming on my chin, just under my lip, and it was so painful that it masked the tingle on my lip. By the time I woke up & realized what was happening, my lip had already swollen quite badly. I was horrified & thought the battle was already lost, but I immediately started applying Zovirax. My lip still swelled up to 3 times its size over the next 36 hours, but then it started to recede and never even blistered! It is now 3 days after it started & my lip is almost back to normal. I cannot believe it worked when the cold sore had already taken hold, and stopped the blisters from erupting. I love this stuff so much! It cost about $80 for a 5g tube the last time I bought it, but it lasts a long time for me. I always carry it in my purse so I am armed for battle."

AmazedinCanada (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 2, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Zovirax works great on cold sores. I use at first sign for a few days and it doesn't even blister. If I get a blister it doesn't get big and dries up 2 to 3 days. Abreva never worked for me. This stuff is great"

Anon5463 February 22, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Zovirax does work. The trick is to apply small amounts as soon as possible and as often as possible. The more times you apply the more chances you have of healing quicker. Applying 3 x a day just aint going to cut it. (Every hour or less if you have to)"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "I use the generic brand by Mylan. This product is amazing. Even if you have a bad outbreak it cuts the healing time by a few days. That may seem minimal to some, but those who suffer from cold sores, this is superb. If you apply it during the first signs you will not even have an outbreak."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2018

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "OMG LOL extremely ridiculous how Zovirax cream expensive in USA $700 plus! Zovirax cream It costs in other countries less than $20.00 It's very sad how they take advantage of people here in USA. Less than $20. Lol same Zovirax cream. Have mercy on people and stop using them like this!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 16, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I was diagnosed with genital herpes earlier today, though the symptoms began a month ago and I mistaken it for a yeast infection. The sores started last Monday (5 days ago). The burning was so bad to the point where I had trouble walking. After applying acyclovir earlier I experienced moderate burning for a short amount of time but after sitting down for awhile I felt relief. let's hope that tomorrow the sores aren't as painful"

ouchieee (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "My son had a cold sores out break, got a Zovirax cream as treatment. It works well but the cream ran out before cold sore. I paid $14 for a tube 2g of Zovirax, the amount of cream not even cover 3 days treatment. The tube with a size of lips sunscreen but the amount of cream inside is ridiculously tiny. Such a ripoff, please consider low income consumer with your products."

Rip-off (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Zovirax cream has 50mg of acyclovir in it -doesn't it? It was in the contents ingredients information list. Zovirax cream is a MIRACLE CURE!! Coldsores -dab it on asap a small tiny bit -Bumps on skin like welts or hives (Shingles?) +very painful +scary looking like chicken pox -connect the bumps/dots. It's stress+anxiety like someone else said...lack of sleep+you haven't been eating since the ?other? day+working extra daysTHENnights+ little catnap sleeps+ you find junk sugar loaded snacks +even the fruit+applesauce cups+granola =huge sugar/salt +sugar drinks+ creamy sugar coffee day+night to just get through those sudden double shifts =Reactions- cold sores +hive like sores+ACNE! Omg! ZOVIRAX by prescription will save YOUR day!!! : )"

NotSpankysGirlAnymore (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I am 21 years old and just suffered from my first major breakout of cold sores in my life. It was pretty bad and I was frustrated from the unsightly sores appearing on my lips and mouth. I also had an outbreak just below my eye in the sensitive skin. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me with the Zovirax cream and I saw a lessened appearance in worst of the cold sores on my lip in less than 24 hours. While it takes time for them to heal, I definitely think this is a worthwhile drug. It cost me $45 so its not super cheap, but it really alleviated some of my symptoms. I had another cold sore forming on my lip just below the bad one and it stopped that one dead in its tracks and I already see it healing and not blistering. Worth it!"

Izz (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

For Cold Sores: "You are going to love this, my small tube of aciclovir ointment costs $900. Welcome to 'Merica. Luckily my insurance covered it or I would have lots of cold sores. The stuff is marginally effective if you catch the cold sores at the right moment. I am switching over to oral hoping for better results. "

Rumple Stiltskin April 10, 2017

Zovirax Ointment (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "COLD SORE TREATMENTS AND PREVENTION THAT WORK: L-lysine: You can buy L-lysine over the counter in tablet form, one a day pretty much prevents cold sores from forming. If you run out of tablets make sure you buy more; it's like the virus sits inactive under the skin just waiting for a break from the L-lysine treatment so it can raise it's ugly head. ZOVIRAX: If you feel a cold sore coming on or you have a cold sore buy Zovirax from the chemist or supermarket ~$17 a tube; but you only need a little bit applied 5 or 6 times a day and the last application should be before you go to sleep (whenever you think of applying it really) Zovirax helps heal the blisters much faster than anything else l have tried. ICE OR COLD PACK: If you don't have Zovirax and the cold sore is really burning and itchy get a freezer bag or similar and put some ice in it or some frozen peas and apply that to the area until that nasty burning and itchy feeling eases. Avoid licking of playing with the blisters with your tongue, this tends to make them bigger. Pop the Blisters or Don't Pop the Blisters? This is a personal preference however, l have found that by not popping the blisters only allows the blisters to grow bigger to the point of them sometimes joining together and becoming one big blister which takes a lot longer to heal, hence, l pop the blister and apply Zovirax straight away and the majority are gone within a few days. SAFETY FIRST: DO NOT have oral sex and AVOID kissing anyone when you have an active cold sore; they do spread as quickly as a peck on the lips from someone with the active cold sore virus and wash your hands if you touch your mouth by accident, this helps prevent spreading the cold sore virus. PREVENTION: Take L-lysine 1 tablet daily and try to avoid sudden drops in temperature, excessive sun or wind. Changes in climate conditions and temperature drops can bring on the cold sore virus. Avoid rubbing your lips hard like we sometimes do to remove stubborn lipstick and avoid the hard bristles of a man's beard or regrowth, both of these things can irritate the sensitive skin on our lips. Just be mindful of the cold sore virus and it will become second nature to prevent it from occurring."

Lynsay (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2017

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Herpes Simplex: "I first contracted G. Herpes and where the semen contacted my skin and I've had eruptions of horrible painful blistering sores. It's first a tingle and I immediately know... I have Valtrex but it takes longer to work even if I take it at first tingle. For my cold sores I used to get sores on my chin, but no longer. I get them on my ear... uh huh that's right. My ear and the small of my back, right where my jeans hit. Once my ear swelled up so much and my neck too, nothing helped but this cream. It stopped my chin sores (underneath where a second neck would be if I had one) altogether. My back sores happen at severe stress, ugh, abreva doesn't help. This cream does 100% for me."

Justmakingendsmeet1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I have suffered from genital herpes for 6 years and tried all herbal prevention treantments as I suffer approximately 8 outbreaks a year. For the last 6 months I have tried the acyclovir suppressive treatment and in 6 months I have had 1 very mild outbreak. After the first 4 months I went from taking the recommended 2 tablets a day to just 1 a day. I am so glad I tried acyclovir, I feel I have my life back!"

0326 January 23, 2017

For Cold Sores: "I find that Zirvirax doesn't prevent the coldsore from appearing (even if applied at the tingly stage). But what I do find is that once the coldsore appears it's very small compared to not using it. I supplement the treatment with Lysine tablets and it keeps the blister/scab very small (about 2mm in diameter as opposed to 5-6mm) and is usually gone within two to three days rather than 1-1.5 weeks."

DB123 December 22, 2016

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Had to immediately clean it off my lips. The burning from this cream was far too intense for me. I'm 35 weeks pregnant so my immune system is already compromised. This is the worst cold sore outbreak I've had, where pills, supplements, home remedies, and Abreva hasn't helped. I pray that it clears up soon."

GSmith19 December 10, 2016

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "It doesn't stop a cold sore forming and doesn't stop the pain and tingling. It may however reduce the size of the cold sores"

Everlast October 12, 2016

For Cold Sores: "Had cores as a kid and adult, in 2010 Shingles popped out on the side of my face.....bad news times 10. Acyclovir is the best, without it, well I do not want to think about that!"

Whispering Echo July 18, 2016

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I'm from the uk and Zovirax cost £6 which is probably $9 for a small little tube, it's rubbish, felt tingle so went straight to the shop and bought Zovirax, been applying it every 4-5 hours, 3 days later and the cold sore has blistered at side of my mouth, would of been better using tcp, it burns a bit but it does the job"

Danny boy2508 May 20, 2016

Zovirax Cream (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I do suffer from cold sores, especially when I'm stressed. Unfortuently I don't get the tingling stage, I just wake up to a bump on my lip. For anyone that knows me, I absolutely hate cold sores! It makes me feel so crap about myself. I used to suffer really bad to the point it would spread, and it would have 3-4 coldsores on my lips very painful! Nothing would help. Until I found this cream! It is an angel from above, a God send. This cream clears my coldsores up within a day!! So next morning I wake up and it's gone, even when it's blistered, it's gone! It's expensive for a tiny tube but defiantly worth it!!"

Kirsty123 May 9, 2016