This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
How To Use Nasal Spray
are available with or without a doctor's order. Use them as directed.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- Your nose burns, stings, or is irritated after you use the spray.
- Your nose starts to bleed after you use the spray.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
How to use nasal spray:
Read the instructions carefully before you use nasal spray. Store nasal sprays at room temperature and away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Wash your hands before and after you use nasal spray. Always blow your nose gently before you use nasal spray. This will help the medicine get deeply into your nose.
- Remove the cap and shake the bottle.
- Prime the bottle by spraying 1 time to get it ready.
- Tilt your head until your chin is about halfway to your chest. Insert the nozzle into your nostril.
- Point the nozzle slightly toward the side of your nostril, away from the middle of your nose.
- Squeeze the bottle or push down on the top to spray the medicine into your nostril.
- As you spray, breathe in through your nose. Breathe slowly so you do not get too much medicine quickly.
- Repeat these steps for the other nostril, or as directed.
- If possible, do not sneeze or blow your nose until a few minutes after you use the nasal spray.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.