Vicon Forte liquid
Generic Name: multivitamins with minerals liquid (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-mins/MIN-er-als)
Brand Name: Examples include Protegra and Vicon Forte
Vicon Forte liquid is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Vicon Forte liquid is a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body.
Do NOT use Vicon Forte liquid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Vicon Forte liquid
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Vicon Forte liquid:
Some medical conditions may interact with Vicon Forte liquid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Vicon Forte liquid.
Ask your health care provider if Vicon Forte liquid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Vicon Forte liquid:
Use Vicon Forte liquid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Vicon Forte liquid by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of Vicon Forte liquid, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Vicon Forte liquid.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Vicon Forte liquid unless your doctor tells you to.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Vicon Forte liquid while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Vicon Forte liquid, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Vicon Forte liquid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Vicon Forte liquid. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include nausea; vomiting.Proper storage of Vicon Forte liquid:
Store Vicon Forte liquid at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Vicon Forte liquid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Vicon Forte liquid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Vicon Forte liquid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Vicon Forte liquid or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Vicon Forte liquid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Vicon Forte liquid. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Vicon Forte liquid.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.