Soothe Night Time
Generic Name: Artificial Tears Eye Ointment (ar ti FISH il tears)
Brand Name: Akwa Tears, Altalube, GenTeal PM, HypoTears, LubriFresh PM, ...show all 15 brand names.Puralube, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Refresh PM, Retaine PM, Soothe Night Time, Sterilube, Systane Nighttime, Tears Again, Tears Naturale PM, Ultra Fresh PM
Uses of Soothe Night Time:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Soothe Night Time?
- If you have an allergy to Soothe Night Time (artificial tears eye ointment) or any part of this medicine.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Soothe Night Time with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Soothe Night Time?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take Soothe Night Time by mouth. If this medicine is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Soothe Night Time while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Soothe Night Time) best taken?
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Place drug inside the lower lid. Close the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Roll eyeball around.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Soothe Night Time on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Soothe Night Time?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Soothe Night Time?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store Soothe Night Time before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Soothe Night Time or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Soothe Night Time (artificial tears eye ointment). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about ocular lubricant ophthalmic
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 65 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations
- Ocular lubricant
- Artificial Tears Eye Drops
- Artificial Tears Eye Ointment
- Hydroxypropyl Cellulose
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose Ophthalmic (Advanced Reading)