Generic name: Artificial Tears Eye Drops (ar ti FISH il tears)
Brand name: Bion Tears, Blink Tears, Clear Eyes All Seasons, Clear Eyes Natural Tears, Dakrina, ...show all 30 brand names.Dwelle, Freshkote, HypoTears, LiquiTears, Moisture Eyes, Murine Tears, NutraTear, Optics Mini Drops, Refresh, Soothe, Soothe Hydration, Soothe XP, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Contacts, Systane Preservative Free, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Home-Away Pack, Systane Ultra PF, Tears Again, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale II, Tears Pure, Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops, Viva-Drops
Drug class: Ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 7, 2021.
Uses of Moisture Eyes:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Moisture Eyes?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Moisture Eyes); any part of this medicine (Moisture Eyes); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Moisture Eyes) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Moisture Eyes?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Moisture Eyes). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take this medicine (Moisture Eyes) by mouth. If this medicine (Moisture Eyes) is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Moisture Eyes) best taken?
Use this medicine (Moisture Eyes) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Do not use this medicine (Moisture Eyes) if the solution changes color, is cloudy, or has particles. Get a new one.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use this medicine (Moisture Eyes) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (Moisture Eyes) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Moisture Eyes?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Moisture Eyes?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store this medicine (Moisture Eyes) before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Moisture Eyes), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about Moisture Eyes (ocular lubricant ophthalmic)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.