Generic name: Miconazole (Vaginal) (mi KON a zole)
Brand name: Aloe Vesta Antifungal, Antifungal, Azolen Tincture, Baza Antifungal, Carrington Antifungal, ...show all 32 brand names.Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Spray, Desenex, Fungoid Tincture, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder, Lotrimin AF Powder, Lotrimin AF, Micaderm, Micatin, Miconazole 3, Miconazole 3 Combo Pack, Miconazole 7, Micro Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Podactin, Remedy Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Secura Antifungal, Soothe & Cool INZO Antifungal, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Zeasorb-AF
Drug class: Topical antifungals, Vaginal anti-infectives
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 11, 2020.
Uses of Miconazole 3 Combo Pack:
- This medicine is used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Miconazole 3 Combo Pack?
- If you have an allergy to miconazole or any other part of Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)).
- If you are allergic to Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)); any part of Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Miconazole 3 Combo Pack?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- If vaginal yeast infections happen often, talk with the doctor.
- Do not use Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) for itching caused by a health problem other than a vaginal yeast infection. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) if you have belly pain, fever, or bad-smelling vaginal discharge. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not have vaginal sex while using Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)).
- Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy or stop the spread of diseases passed through sex while using Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) and for a period of time after you stop Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)). You will need to use some other kind of birth control for some time after the last dose. Be sure you know how long to do this.
- Do not douche or use other vaginal products like tampons while you are using Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)). You may need to avoid these things for some time after the last dose. If you have questions, talk with your doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Miconazole 3 Combo Pack) best taken?
Use Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)) by mouth. For vaginal use only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Use at bedtime for best results.
- Dry outside vaginal area all the way after showering, bathing, or swimming. Change out of wet bathing suits or damp workout clothes right away.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad vaginal irritation.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Bad-smelling vaginal discharge.
What are some other side effects of Miconazole 3 Combo Pack?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Stomach cramps.
- Vaginal irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Miconazole 3 Combo Pack?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Miconazole 3 Combo Pack (miconazole (vaginal)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does Monistat burn/itch so bad?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
More about miconazole topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 4028 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
- Drug Information
- Miconazole vaginal
- Miconazole Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Miconazole Cream and Ointment
- Miconazole Liquid
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.