Generic Name: vitamin b complex/vitamin c/biotin/minerals/folic acid (VYE-ta-min/BYE-oh-tin/MIN-er-al/FOE-lik AS-id)
Brand Name: Diatx Zn
Diatx Zn is used for:
A dietary supplement for certain patients with high blood levels of homocysteine. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Diatx Zn is a vitamin, mineral, and folic acid combination. It works by providing vitamins, minerals, and folic acid to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Diatx Zn if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Diatx Zn
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Diatx Zn:
Some medical conditions may interact with Diatx Zn. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Diatx Zn. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, or quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Diatx Zn
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Diatx Zn may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Diatx Zn:
Use Diatx Zn as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Diatx Zn may be taken with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Dialysis patients - Diatx Zn should be taken after dialysis treatment.
- If you are also taking a tetracycline (eg, doxycycline), do not take it within 2 hours before or after taking Diatx Zn.
- If you miss a dose of Diatx Zn, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Diatx Zn.
Important safety information:
- Diatx Zn may cause drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Diatx Zn. Using Diatx Zn alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed by your doctor.
- Diatx Zn contains pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains pyridoxine or folic acid. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Diatx Zn may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Diatx Zn.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Diatx Zn during pregnancy. It is unknown if Diatx Zn is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Diatx Zn, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Diatx Zn:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Drowsiness; headache; mild diarrhea; nausea.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); feeling of swelling of the entire body; numbness or tingling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Diatx Zn:
Store Diatx Zn at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Diatx Zn out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Diatx Zn, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Diatx Zn is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Diatx Zn or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Diatx Zn. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Diatx Zn. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Diatx Zn.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Diatx Zn (multivitamin with minerals)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations