Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 28, 2022.
Uses of Baclofen Oral Solution:
- It is used to treat spasms in patients with MS (multiple sclerosis) or spinal cord disease.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Baclofen Oral Solution?
- If you are allergic to baclofen oral solution; any part of baclofen oral solution; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take baclofen oral solution with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Baclofen Oral Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take baclofen oral solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how baclofen oral solution affects you.
- Do not stop taking baclofen oral solution all of a sudden without calling your doctor. You may have a greater risk of side effects. If you need to stop baclofen oral solution, you will want to slowly stop it as ordered by your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol or use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Taking baclofen oral solution during pregnancy may lead to withdrawal in the newborn.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Baclofen Oral Solution) best taken?
Use baclofen oral solution as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with baclofen oral solution. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure baclofen oral solution.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Feeling confused.
- Change in how often urine is passed.
- Mental, mood, or behavior changes that are new or worse.
What are some other side effects of Baclofen Oral Solution?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling dizzy, sleepy, tired, or weak.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Baclofen Oral Solution?
- Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about baclofen oral solution, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about baclofen
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (392)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxants
- Drug Information
- Baclofen (Advanced Reading)
- Baclofen Intrathecal (Advanced Reading)
- Baclofen Intrathecal Injection
- Baclofen Tablets
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.