Generic Name: Vitamin E Oral Drops (VYE ta min ee)
Brand Name: Aquasol E, Aquavit-E, Aqueous Vitamin E
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on June 18, 2020.
Uses of Aquasol E:
- Vitamins are needed for growth and good health.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Aquasol E?
- If you are allergic to Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops); any part of Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Aquasol E?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Aquasol E) best taken?
Use Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Keep taking Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Some drugs may need to be taken with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to take Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops).
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops).
- You may put Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) right in the mouth or you may mix it with milk, fruit juice, cereal, soup, dessert, or other liquid or semi-liquid food. Take the whole dose.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Aquasol E?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Aquasol E?
- Some brands of Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) need to be stored in a refrigerator. Some brands of Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops) need to be stored at room temperature. If you have questions about how to store Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops), talk with your pharmacist.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Aquasol E (vitamin E oral drops), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Aquasol E (vitamin e)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: vitamins