V.A. ChickVacThis page contains information on V.A. ChickVac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- V.A. ChickVac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for V.A. ChickVac
- Direction and dosage information for V.A. ChickVac
V.A. ChickVacThis treatment applies to the following species:
Modified Live Virus
Caution: This product may reduce the efficacy of Marek’s Disease Vaccines when administered at one day of age. Use only in states where permitted.
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
V.A. ChickVac™ is recommended for subcutaneous administration to healthy chickens 1 to 10 days of age as an aid in the prevention of tenosynovitis (viral arthritis). Rehydrate the vaccine with Zoetis Inc. diluent only.
For Veterinary Use Only.
Store this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Directions For Use
1. Use Zoetis Inc. diluent only. Store diluent at not over 80°F (27°C).
2. Rehydrate only 1 vial of vaccine with 1 bottle of diluent.
3. Remove the central tab of the aluminum seal of the vaccine vial, leaving the outer ring intact. Sanitize the rubber stopper with alcohol. Also, sanitize with alcohol the rubber stopper of the container of diluent.
4. Using a sterile syringe and needle, penetrate the stopper of the diluent container and withdraw 3 mL (3 cc) diluent. Then, insert needle through stopper of vaccine vial and discharge syringe contents.
5. Remove syringe and needle. Pull back on syringe plunger to admit 2 or 3 mL of air. This is very important.
6. Reinsert needle into vaccine vial. Barely penetrate the stopper. Expel the air into the vial (to break vacuum).
7. With syringe and needle still in place, invert the vial and pull back plunger so that all the contents (the rehydrated vaccine) are drawn from vial into syringe.
8. Insert the needle into diluent container (through the stopper) and expel syringe contents into diluent. Rotate container gently so that mixture is uniform. The vaccine is ready for use.
9. An automatic syringe with 22- to 20-gauge needles, 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch in length, is recommended. Make certain that all equipment is sterilized. Change needles frequently.
10. Inject each bird subcutaneously in the back of the neck with 0.2 mL of the vaccine.
11. Use all vaccine from 1 vial (1,000 doses) within 1 hour after rehydrating. Avoid placing the vaccine near heat. Do not expose to direct sunlight.
V.A. ChickVac Caution
Do not vaccinate birds in egg production.
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the directions.
The use of the vaccine is subject to applicable state laws.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
List No. 0574: 10 x 1,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36903392
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the V.A. ChickVac information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30