V.A. ChickVacThis page contains information on V.A. ChickVac for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- V.A. ChickVac Indications
- Warnings and cautions for V.A. ChickVac
- Direction and dosage information for V.A. ChickVac
V.A. ChickVacThis treatment applies to the following species:
Modified Live Virus
Caution: This product may reduce the efficacy of Marek’s Disease Vaccines when administered at one day of age. Use only in states where permitted.
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 1 day of age or older against tenosynovitis caused by reovirus. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
For Veterinary Use Only.
Store at 2°-8°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
Directions For Use
1. Use Zoetis Inc. diluent only. Store diluent at not over 27°C.
2. Rehydrate only 1 vial of vaccine with 1 bottle of diluent.
3. Remove the central tab of the aluminum seal of the vaccine vial, leaving the outer ring intact. Sanitize the rubber stopper with alcohol. Also, sanitize with alcohol the rubber stopper of the container of diluent.
4. Using a sterile syringe and needle, penetrate the stopper of the diluent container and withdraw 3 mL diluent. Then, insert needle through stopper of vaccine vial and discharge syringe contents.
5. Remove syringe and needle. Pull back on syringe plunger to admit 2 or 3 mL of air. This is very important.
6. Reinsert needle into vaccine vial. Barely penetrate the stopper. Expel the air into the vial (to break vacuum).
7. With syringe and needle still in place, invert the vial and pull back plunger so that all the contents (the rehydrated vaccine) are drawn from vial into syringe.
8. Insert the needle into diluent container (through the stopper) and expel syringe contents into diluent. Rotate container gently so that mixture is uniform. The vaccine is ready for use.
9. An automatic syringe with 22- to 20-gauge needles, 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch in length, is recommended. Make certain that all equipment is sterilized. Change needles frequently.
10. Inject each bird subcutaneously in the back of the neck with 0.2 mL of the vaccine.
11. Use all vaccine from 1 vial (1,000 doses) within 1 hour after rehydrating. Avoid placing the vaccine near heat. Do not expose to direct sunlight.
V.A. ChickVac Caution
Do not vaccinate birds in egg production.
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the directions.
The use of the vaccine is subject to applicable state laws.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination took place; and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Zoetis Inc. Veterinary Services, (888) 963-8471.
VLN 190/PCN 1951.01
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Presentation: 10 x 1,000 doses.
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30