Thymox AG (Canada)This page contains information on Thymox AG for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Thymox AG Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Thymox AG
- Direction and dosage information for Thymox AG
Thymox AGThis treatment applies to the following species:
HARD SURFACE DISINFECTANT - CONCENTRATE
Powerful hard surface disinfectant made from essential oils
KILLS 99.99% OF BACTERIA, FUNGI AND VIRUSES*
ELIMINATES ODORS AND ODORS-CAUSING MICROORGANISMS
NON-CORROSIVE ON METAL
BASED ON PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS
NON-IRRITATING & NON-TOXIC
BOTANICAL ACTIVE INGREDIENT
NO CHLORINE, SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES OR AMMONIA
READ LABEL BEFORE USE CAUTION: CONCENTRATE IS IRRITATING
THYMOX® AG disinfectant is made of essential oils specially selected to deliver highly effective disinfection.
For use on hard, non-porous surfaces:
● In agroalimentary settings, where food is made, prepared or kept (cafeterias, restaurants, food processing plants);
● In healthcare establishments (hospitals, clinics, infirmaries, dentist offices, ambulances);
● In agricultural settings (warehouses, agricultural buildings and equipments, in swine, aviary, fish, equine, bovine and dairy farms, as well as other types of animal husbandries, greenhouses, vegetable farms, maple tree exploitations, transport trucks, slaughterhouses);
● In industrial (industrial buildings and offices, distribution centers, recycling centers) and institutional settings (schools, churches, waiting rooms, sports facilities, dormitories, daycare centers and nurseries, beauty salons, public restrooms);
● And for domestic use (at home, in kitchen areas, bathrooms, play areas, pet areas, appliances, studies).
Ideal for disinfecting hard, non-porous surfaces (enamel, wood, metal, concrete, plastic, PVC, mirrors, glass) such as work areas, floors, countertops, sinks, kitchen cabinets, showers, cutting boards, toilet seats, garbage cans, doorknobs, tables, toys, telephones, sport equipment, examination tables, patient chairs, desks or any other surfaces where bacteria, fungi and viruses may survive or multiply.
ELIMINATES 99.99% OF THE FOLLOWING MICROBES:
Bactericide: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enterica (choleraesuis), Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli (E. coli), E. coli O157:H7, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Listeria monocytogenes, Streptococcus suis, Klebsiella pneumoniae - NDM-1 positive
Tuberculocide/Mycobactericide: Mycobacterium terrae
Fungicide: Pathogenic fungi, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Candida albicans.
*Viruses: Influenza A, HIV-1 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), Human Coronavirus, PRRSV (Porcine Reproductive & Respiratory Syndrome Virus)
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Thymol (a component of thyme oil) 23.0%.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Dilution: Use Thymox AG at 1% v/v, or 1L of product per 100L of water. It is recommended to perform the dilution shortly before using the product. Keep the container tightly closed at room temperature when not using the product.
GENERAL USE - ANY TYPES OF HARD SURFACES:
Disinfectant: vaporize or apply using a clean wet cloth until surface** is completely saturated and let stand for 3 minutes***.
Sanitizer: vaporize or apply using a clean wet cloth until surface** and let stand for 30 seconds***.
Cleaner/Deodorizer: THYMOX AG can be used as a detergent (1%). Vaporize or apply using a cloth** and wipe with a clean cloth, rinse if needed.
If there is a dirt build-up on the surfaces, they must be cleaned prior to disinfecting or sanitizing. Avoid contamination of food.
**It is recommended to test in an inconspicuous area. Use in a vented area.
***After application on the surfaces, wipe Thymox AG using a clean cloth if desired, no need to rinse. Food contact surfaces must be rinsed after disinfecting.
Efficacy tests demonstrated that this product is a bactericide, a fungicide and a virucide* even in the presence of organic matter (5.0% blood serum) and hard water (300 ppm).
THYMOX® AG kills HIV-1 (AIDS VIRUS) on pre-cleaned, environmental surfaces/objects previously soiled with blood/body fluids in health care settings or other settings in which there is an expected likelihood of transmission of this virus.
Special instructions for cleaning and decontamination against HIV-1:
Disposable protective gloves, gown, face mask, and eye coverings must be worn, as appropriate, during all cleaning of blood/body fluids and during decontamination procedures.
Blood/body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces/objects before application of disinfectant.
Apply THYMOX AG diluted at 1/100 (v/v) on surfaces or equipment to be disinfected until completely saturated and let stand for 1 minute. Wipe using a clean cloth. Surfaces coming into contact with food must be rinsed after disinfecting.
Disposal of Infectious Materials: Blood/body fluids should be autoclaved and disposed of according to federal, state and local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISINFECTING AND SANITIZING ANIMAL HUSBANDRY FARMS:
In order to obtain optimal results:
1) Remove animals and their feed from the area to be disinfected;
2) Prior to disinfecting with Thymox AG, thoroughly clean surfaces with a high performance detergent, use mechanical/manual brushing if necessary;
3) To better apply THYMOX AG, use a “foamer” or spray gun. Make sure to use an applicator that is well calibrated in order to obtain the right Thymox AG dilution (1%);
4) After applying THYMOX AG, vent and let dry completely and rapidly (in under 24 hours) before reintroducing animals. Beware of accidental recontamination of disinfected areas.
5) Occasionally, perform microbiological quality control in order to verify the efficacy of the washing and disinfecting method.
FOGGING AND MISTING:
Apply 2 mL of Thymox AG per cubic meter (35 cubic feet) of the room being disinfected.
It is recommended to perform a trial before using any new fogging or misting machinery. Consult www.thymox.com for more information.
Use 10 mL of THYMOX AG per liter of water when using it in footbaths. Change the solution daily and as soon it is visibly soiled. If necessary, remove excess dirt prior to disinfection.
CAUTION: Users with sensitive skin should take additional precautions. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not ingest. Not approved for use in neonatal services in hospitals. Store in original container, between 15°C and 30°C.
FIRST AID: In case of contact with eyes or skin, flush thoroughly with water; seek medical attention if necessary. If ingested, call a poison control center.
DISPOSAL: Rinse container prior to recycling. Dispose of any unused or waste product in compliance with provincial and local regulations. For more information, contact provincial regulation authorities.
Made in Canada; 100% biodegradable in less than 14 days per OECD 301E method; Container is recyclable.
Marketed and manufactured by: Laboratoire M2 Inc, 4005-A rue de la Garlock, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1L 1W9
1L, 4L, 20L, 200L, 1000L
APPROVED HEALTH CANADA 2012-07
4005-A, RUE DE LA GARLOCK, SHERBROOKE, QC, J1L 1W9
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Thymox AG information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21