Revalor-XHThis page contains information on Revalor-XH for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Revalor-XH Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Revalor-XH
- Direction and dosage information for Revalor-XH
Revalor-XHThis treatment applies to the following species:
(trenbolone acetate and estradiol extended-release implants)
For Growing Beef Heifers Fed In Confinement For Slaughter
Revalor®-XH is an extended-release implant. One dose (implant) contains 200 mg of trenbolone acetate and 20 mg estradiol in 6 coated and 4 uncoated pellets, each containing 20 mg trenbolone acetate and 2 mg estradiol.
The small yellow pellets are coated with a polymer to provide extended release of the active ingredients. One cartridge contains 10 doses.
Manufactured by a non-sterilizing process.
Revalor-XH Indications For Use
For increased rate of weight gain and improved feed efficiency for up to 200 days after implantation in growing beef heifers fed in confinement for slaughter.
Not approved for repeated implantation (re-implantation) with this or any other cattle ear implant in growing beef heifers fed in confinement for slaughter. Safety and effectiveness following re-implantation have not been evaluated.
Do not use in beef calves less than 2 months of age, dairy calves, and veal calves because effectiveness and safety have not been established.
Do not use in animals intended for subsequent breeding, or in dairy cows.
Studies have demonstrated that the administration of Revalor®-XH can result in decreased marbling scores when compared to non-implanted heifers.
The cartridge is designed to be used with a special implanting tool. The special implanting tool is available from Intervet Inc. Ten doses (implants) are in each cartridge. The implant is placed under the skin on the posterior aspect of the ear (see SITE OF IMPLANTATION and METHOD OF USE sections).
With the animal suitably restrained, the skin on the outer surface of the ear should be cleaned. The implant is then administered by the method shown in the diagram below.
Fig. 1: Ear of Bovine Ready for Implantation
Site Of Implantation
After appropriately restraining the animal to allow access to the ear, cleanse the skin at the implant needle puncture site. It is subcutaneous between the skin and cartilage on the back side of the ear and below the midline of the ear. The implant must not be placed closer to the head than the edge of the cartilage ring farthest from the head. The location of insertion of the needle is a point toward the tip of the ear and at least a needle length away from the intended deposition site. Care should be taken to avoid injuring the major blood vessels or cartilage of the ear.
Fig. 2: Rear View of the Bovine Ear Showing the Site for Insertion of the Implanter needle.
METHOD OF USE
1. Do not remove the cap of the cartridge containing the implants.
2. Place the cartridge (D) with the capped end to the front into slot at the top of the implanter magazine marked (A) on the diagram.
3. Gently push the cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place.
4. The implanter is then ready for use.
5. Take the ear of the animal firmly with the free hand in the manner shown in Fig. 1. Then insert the needle into the subcutaneous tissue at the point indicated in Fig. 2.
6. After inserting the needle to its full extent, squeeze the trigger (E) gradually. Allow the pellets of the implant to be deposited in a single row.
7. Withdraw the implanter. This will advance the cartridge one groove in the magazine and the next implant is now ready for use.
8. When all the implants have been administered, the cartridge will discharge out the bottom of the magazine and may be replaced by a new one.
9. To change the needle, loosen the needle locking nut labeled (F) in Fig. 3 and replace the needle. Tighten the nut finger tight and the implanter is ready for use.
Fig. 3: Diagram of the Implanter and Cartridge.
WITHDRAWAL PERIODS AND RESIDUE WARNINGS:
No withdrawal period is required when used according to labeling.
Do not use in beef calves less than 2 months of age, dairy calves, and veal calves. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves.
Do not use in dairy cows or in animals intended for subsequent breeding. Use in these cattle may cause drug residues in milk and/or in calves born to these cows.
Implant pellets subcutaneously in ear only. Any other location is a violation of Federal law. Do not attempt salvage of implanted site for human or animal food.
USER SAFETY WARNINGS
Not for use in humans. Keep out of reach of children.
To report suspected adverse drug experiences and/or to obtain a copy of the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) or for technical assistance, call MERCK Animal Health at 1-800-211-3573.
For additional information about adverse drug experience reporting for animal drugs, contact FDA at 1-888-FDA-VETS or at http://www.fda.gov/reportanimalae
Store unopened product at or below 25°C (77°F). Avoid excessive heat and humidity. Use product before the expiration date printed on the labeling and on the cartridge pouch. Opened cartridges may be stored in the foil pouch protected from light in the refrigerator (2-8°C/36-47°F) for up to 6 months.
Box of 10 x 10 cartridge implants.
Made in Austria by:
Intervet Inc (d/b/a Merck Animal Health), Madison, NJ 07940
Restricted Drug (California) - use only as directed.
Approved by FDA under NADA # 141-269
For Patent information:
Revalor is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc. or an affiliate.
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30