Povidine Iodine ScrubThis page contains information on Povidine Iodine Scrub for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Povidine Iodine Scrub Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Povidine Iodine Scrub
- Direction and dosage information for Povidine Iodine Scrub
Povidine Iodine ScrubThis treatment applies to the following species:
POVIDONE IODINE 7.5% - ANTISEPTIC SUDSING SKIN CLEANSER
Povidine Iodine Scrub Indications
A germicidal cleanser for preoperative and postoperative skin washing, and shampoo for bacterial and fungal skin infections in animals. Used routinely, it also helps prevent infection in cuts, scratches, abrasions, and burns. Non-staining to skin, hair, and natural fabrics.
Directions For Use
Surgical hand scrub:
● Wet hands with water.
● Spread about 5 cc (1 teaspoonful) of scrub over both hands and forearms.
● Without adding more water, scrub thoroughly for 2 1/2-3 minutes.
● Use a sponge, if desired. Clean thoroughly under fingernails.
● Add a little water and develop copious suds.
● Rinse thoroughly under running water.
● Repeat entire procedure using another 5 cc of scrub.
Antiseptic hand wash:
● Wet hands with water and pour about 5 cc of scrub on hands.
● Rub hands vigorously together for at least 15 seconds, covering all surfaces.
● Rinse and dry with a disposable towel.
Preoperative skin preparation:
● After the surgical area is clipped, wet it with water.
● Apply scrub (1 cc is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 square inches), develop lather, and scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
● Rinse using sterile gauze saturated with water.
● The area may then be painted with Povidine Iodine Scrub and allowed to dry.
Povidone Iodine (0.75% Titratable Iodine).
Purified Water, Ammonium Nonoxynol-(n) Sulfate, Disodium Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Citric Acid, Glycerin.
Store at controlled room temperature between 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F). Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
AVOID STORING AT EXCESSIVE HEAT.
For external use only. Do not use this product in the eyes or on food-producing animals.
When using this product, prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions. In preoperative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the animal.
Stop use and ask a doctor or veterinarian if irritation and redness develops or in rare instances of local irritation or sensitivity.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Manufactured for: Aspen Veterinary Resources®, Ltd., Liberty, MO 64068, USA
32 FL OZ (946.35 mL)
3155 W. HEARTLAND DRIVE, LIBERTY, MO, 64068
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Povidine Iodine Scrub information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-12-31