Nobivac LymeThis page contains information on Nobivac Lyme for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Lyme Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Lyme
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Lyme
Nobivac LymeThis treatment applies to the following species:
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI BACTERIN
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Lyme bacterin contains two inactivated isolates of Borrelia burgdorferi. This bacterin is for the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of clinical disease and subclinical arthritis associated with Borrelia burgdorferi.
Dosage and Administration
Allow the vaccine to warm to room temperature prior to use. Shake well. Using aseptic technique, inject 1 mL (1 dose) subcutaneously into healthy dogs at 8 weeks of age or older using a 22 gauge or larger sterile needle. Revaccinate with 1 mL 2 to 4 weeks after initial vaccination. Two doses are required for primary immunization. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships. Use entire contents immediately.
● Store at 2° - 7°C (35° - 45°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Transient soft tissue swelling may occur at the injection site.
● The use of this biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information: http://www.merck.com/product/patent/home.html
NAC No.: 1047295.4
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Lyme information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30