Nobivac Lyme (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Lyme for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Lyme Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Lyme
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Lyme
Nobivac LymeThis treatment applies to the following species:
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI BACTERIN
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION
OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac Lyme Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy dogs 8 weeks of age or older against Borrelia burgdorferi. Duration of Immunity is at least 1 year. To review efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
This product has also been shown to be effective against subclinical arthritis caused by Borrelia burgdorferi.
Dosage and Administration
Allow the vaccine to warm to room temperature prior to use. Mix well. Inject one dose (1mL) subcutaneously using a 22 gauge or larger sterile needle. The initial dose may be given at 8 weeks of age or older. Repeat dose 2 to 4 weeks later. Two doses are required for primary immunization.
Contact your veterinarian or manufacturer for more information on revaccination frequency.
● Store at 2°- 8°C (35°-46°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Do not mix with other products.
● In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Transient soft tissue swelling may occur at the injection site.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● This product has not been tested in pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 2126.01
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information: http://www.merck.com/product/patent/home.html
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Lyme information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-10-04