Mildvac-Mass + ArkThis page contains information on Mildvac-Mass + Ark for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Mildvac-Mass + Ark Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Mildvac-Mass + Ark
- Direction and dosage information for Mildvac-Mass + Ark
Mildvac-Mass + ArkThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
Mass & Ark Types, Live Virus
Coarse Spray Use
MILDVAC™-MASS + ARK is a live virus vaccine prepared from the mild Massachusetts and Arkansas types of infectious bronchitis virus. The viruses have been propagated using specific-pathogen-free (SPF) substrates.
Mildvac-Mass + Ark Indications For Use
MILDVAC™-MASS + ARK is indicated for the vaccination of healthy chickens by coarse spray at one day of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease due to bronchitis virus (Massachusetts and Arkansas types).
Many factors must be considered in determining a sound vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry complex. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered properly to healthy, receptive birds maintained in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be influenced by the age of the birds and their immune status.
Seldom does one live virus vaccination under field conditions produce lifetime protection for all individuals in a given flock. The level of immunity required will vary with operational practices and the degree of exposure. Therefore, a program of periodic revaccinations may be necessary.
Preparation Of Vaccine
For Coarse Spray Use
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING AND OPEN ONLY ENOUGH VIALS TO VACCINATE ONE HOUSE AT A TIME.
1. Tear-off the seal(s) and remove the rubber stopper(s) from the vaccine vial(s).
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready for coarse spray use in accordance with the directions below. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Coarse Spray Administration
For Chickens One Day of Age
1. Use rehydrated vaccine as indicated for specific coarse spray vaccination machine. For example, a machine which dispenses 7 ml to a box of 100 chickens would require a volume of 70 ml of non-chlorinated water for 1,000 doses. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add the prepared vaccine solution to reservoir on the machine.
3. Prime and adjust machine as instructed in manual accompanying the specific machine.
4. Place boxes holding 100 chickens each on the conveyor belt or in machine and activate spray head.
Coarse Spray Administration
For Chickens Two Days of Age or Older
1. Add distilled water to sprayer tank according to manufacturer’s directions regarding water volume.
2. Put the reconstituted vaccine in the sprayer tank and mix thoroughly.
3. Do not use any disinfectants or skim milk in sprayer.
4. Use sprayer only for administration of vaccine.
5. Spray vaccination method should be done only in houses that can be closed tightly. Close all windows, doors, ventilators, and shut off all fans while spray vaccinating.
6. Spray the vaccine directly on birds.
7. Spray chickens by walking slowly through the house.
8. Individual(s) spraying chickens should wear face mask and goggles.
9. After spraying, turn the fans back on.
BE CAREFUL IN HOT WEATHER.
Mildvac-Mass + Ark Caution
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, other disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
2. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. The revaccination of laying hens against bronchitis may be detrimental to the flock and cannot be generally recommended. In some areas where infectious bronchitis is a severe continuing problem, the local pathologists are recommending revaccination of the laying hens for bronchitis at specified intervals. If used, such recommendations should be strictly followed. A delay in revaccination may result in some layers becoming susceptible to bronchitis. If these hens are exposed to the virus they can experience a disturbance in egg production.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the post vaccination period.
5. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
6. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
9. Burn containers and all unused contents.
10. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
11. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed. The user must be advised that the response to the vaccine depends on many factors, including but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully!
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 X 20,000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable federal and local laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 and 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE
QUALITY tested for Purity, Potency and Safety
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Mildvac-Mass + Ark information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29