Innovax-ILT (Canada)This page contains information on Innovax-ILT for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Innovax-ILT Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Innovax-ILT
- Direction and dosage information for Innovax-ILT
Innovax-ILTThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
FOWL LARYNGOTRACHEITIS-MAREK’S DISEASE VACCINE
Serotype 3, Live Marek’s Disease Vector
For Subcutaneous Vaccination of Day Old Chickens
For in ovo Vaccination of 18-Day-Old Chicken Embryos
INNOVAX®-ILT is a frozen, cell associated, live virus vaccine that contains the recombinant serotype 3 turkey herpesvirus with genes from laryngotracheitis virus. The vaccine is packaged in glass ampules and supplied with diluent packaged in a separate container. The vaccine ampules are inserted in metal canes, stored and shipped in a liquid nitrogen container.
Innovax-ILT Indications For Use
INNOVAX®-ILT is recommended for vaccination of healthy one-day-old chickens by the subcutaneous route or 18-day-old chicken embryos by the in ovo route as an aid in the prevention of Marek’s disease and Infectious Laryngotracheitis.
Important: Storage Conditions
AMPULES - Store in liquid nitrogen container.
DILUENT - Do not freeze.
CONTAINER - Store liquid nitrogen container securely in upright position in a dry, well ventilated area and away from incubator intakes and chicken boxes.
Liquid nitrogen container and vaccine should be handled only by properly trained personnel who are thoroughly conversant with the Union Carbide publication and instruction booklet regarding the use of, precautions and safe practices for liquefied atmospheric gases (particularly liquid nitrogen).
When removing ampule cane, handling frozen ampules, or adding liquid nitrogen, wear long sleeves, a plastic face shield and gloves to protect the skin from contact with the liquid nitrogen. All storage and handling of the liquid nitrogen container must be in a dry, ventilated area. Do not inhale liquid nitrogen vapors. If drowsiness occurs, get fresh air quickly; then ventilate entire area. If breathing difficulty occurs, apply artificial respiration. If any of these difficulties persist or there is a loss of consciousness, summon a physician immediately.
Care should be exercised to prevent contaminating your hands, eyes and clothing with the vaccine.
Preparation Of Vaccine
READ ABOVE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ON HANDLING VACCINE AMPULE. AMPULES HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO EXPLODE ON SUDDEN TEMPERATURE CHANGES. DO NOT THAW IN HOT OR ICE COLD WATER. STERILIZE VACCINATING EQUIPMENT BY BOILING IN WATER FOR 30 MINUTES OR BY AUTOCLAVING 20 MINUTES AT 121°C (250°F). DO NOT USE CHEMICAL DISINFECTANTS.
1. Before withdrawing vaccine from liquid nitrogen canister, protect hands with gloves, wear long sleeves and use a facemask or goggles. It is possible an accident could occur with either the liquid nitrogen or the ampules of vaccine. When removing an ampule from the cane, hold palm of gloved hand away from body and face.
2. When withdrawing a cane of ampules from canister in liquid nitrogen container, expose only the ampule to be used immediately. We recommend handling only one ampule at a time. After removing the ampule from the cane, the remaining ampules should be replaced immediately in the canister of the liquid nitrogen container.
3. The contents of the ampule are thawed rapidly by immersing in a container of clean water at a temperature range of 20°-30°C (68°-86°F). Gently swirl the ampule to disperse contents. Then break ampule at its neck and immediately proceed as below.
4. Dilute the vaccine for administration. Use 200 ml of sterile diluent for each 1,000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.2 ml per chicken by the subcutaneous route. Use 100 ml of sterile diluent for each 1,000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.1 ml dose per chicken embryo, or use 50 ml for each 1,000 doses of vaccine to administer 0.05 ml per chicken embryo by the in ovo route.
5. Draw contents of ampule into a sterile 10 ml syringe, mounted with an 18 gauge needle.
6. Dilute immediately by filling the syringe slowly with a portion of the diluent. IMPORTANT: THE DILUENT SHOULD BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE 16°-27°C (60°-80°F) AT TIME OF MIXING.
7. The contents of the filled syringe are then added to remaining diluent. It is important that this be done slowly. Slowly empty the syringe, allowing the vaccine to run down the side of the diluent container. Gently agitate the container as the vaccine is being mixed. Withdraw a portion of the diluent with the syringe to flush ampule. Remove the remaining diluent from the ampule and inject gently into the diluent container. Remove the syringe.
8. Fill the previously sterilized automatic syringe or inoculation machine according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
9. The vaccine is now ready for use.
Method Of Vaccination
1. Hold the chicken by the back of the neck just below the head. The loose skin in the area is raised by gently pinching with the thumb and forefinger. Insert the needle beneath the skin in a downward direction away from the head. Inject 0.2 ml per chicken.
2. Avoid hitting the muscles and bones in the neck.
3. Entire contents of container must be used within 1 hour after mixing or be discarded according to Cautions statement No. 11 below.
In ovo Administration:
1. Inoculate each 18-day-old chicken embryo with a full dose (0.05 ml or 0.1 ml).
2. Entire contents of container must be used within 1 hour after mixing or be discarded according to Cautions statement No. 11 below.
3. After reconstitution, the vaccine should be kept cool and gently agitated frequently.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling SP/Intervet at 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Good management practices are recommended to reduce exposure to Marek’s disease for at least three weeks following vaccination. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
1. Do not mix any substance with this vaccine.
2. Store vaccine in liquid nitrogen at a temperature below -150°C (-238°F).
3. Gloves and visor should be worn when handling liquid nitrogen.
4. ONCE THAWED, THE PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE REFROZEN.
5. Do not dilute or otherwise stretch the dosage of this vaccine.
6. Once mixed with diluent, the vaccine should be gently agitated frequently.
7. Once mixed with diluent, the vaccine should be used within 1 hour.
8. Only healthy chickens or chicken embryos should be vaccinated.
9. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
10. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
11. BURN THIS CONTAINER AND ALL UNUSED CONTENTS.
12. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
Even though studies performed by the manufacturer indicate that the recombinant vaccine virus is non-pathogenic to turkeys, precautionary measures should be taken to reduce the potential for spread of the virus to turkey populations, and the product should not be administered to chickens with probable direct or indirect exposure to turkeys.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
2,000 Dose Ampule
200 ml of Sterile Diluent per 1,000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE IN LIQUID NITROGEN
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-11-29