The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Chick-N-Pox TCThis page contains information on Chick-N-Pox TC for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Chick-N-Pox TC Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Chick-N-Pox TC
- Direction and dosage information for Chick-N-Pox TC
Chick-N-Pox TCThis treatment applies to the following species:
Fowl Pox Vaccine
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Chick-N-Pox™ TC, brand of Fowl Pox Vaccine, is recommended for wing-web stab of healthy chickens of any age against fowl pox.
Store this vaccine at not over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when vial is first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
When To Vaccinate
Broiler or other Growing Chickens: Vaccination with Chick-N-Pox™ TC may be performed as early as 1 day of age where ever there is a history of early occurrence of fowl pox. If chicks are vaccinated against fowl pox at 1 day of age, revaccinate them at 12 weeks of age with Poxine®.
Laying Chickens: If laying chickens are not adequately protected and are threatened by fowl pox occurring nearby, vaccinate them immediately with Chick-N-Pox™ TC.
Directions For Use
1. Rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent.
2. Remove aluminum seal and rubber stopper from vaccine vial and diluent vial. Avoid contamination of the stopper and vial contents.
3. Pour the diluent into the vial containing the vaccine.
4. Put stopper back in place and shake the vial until all of the contents are dissolved. The vaccine is then ready for use.
3. Pour approximately one-half the diluent into the vaccine vial. Replace stopper and shake gently until contents are dissolved.
4. Pour all the reconstituted vaccine back into the remaining diluent in the diluent bottle. Replace diluent stopper and gently mix. The vaccine is then ready for use.
5. Hold individual bird and spread wing with the underside facing upwards.
6. Dip the vaccinator tool into the vaccine, wetting both needles.
7. Stick the needles through the web of the wing, avoiding blood vessels, bones, and the wing muscle. The vaccine should not touch feathers, the head of the birds, or the skin except at the site of vaccination.
How Takes Appear
The usual take consists of some swelling at the site of the puncture as early as the fourth day following vaccination. The swelling increases during the next five days until a scab is formed. Revaccinate birds that do not show takes.
Do not expose vaccine to either direct sunlight or extreme heat during vaccination. Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
Chick-N-Pox TC Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
THIS VACCINE IS NONRETURNABLE.
List No. 1974: 10 x 1,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36902802
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Chick-N-Pox TC information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30