Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live VirusThis page contains information on Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus
- Direction and dosage information for Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus
Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live VirusThis treatment applies to the following species:
For Veterinary Use Only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
This vaccine is recommended for administration to healthy chickens, as an aid in the prevention of infectious bronchitis, Massachusetts serotype.
Store in the dark between 2° and 7°C.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
For drinking-water or spray administration
For Drinking Water Vaccination
For the vaccination of healthy chickens 2 weeks of age or older. If birds are vaccinated by this route before 2 weeks of age, they should be revaccinated.
1. Never use less than one dose per bird.
2. Discontinue all medication and sanitizers in water 24 hours before and for 24 hours following vaccination.
3. Withhold water for 2 hours before vaccination to stimulate thirst.
4. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of birds may drink at one time. Scrub them with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water, without a disinfectant; then drain. Turn off automatic waterers, so only vaccine water is consumed. Do not administer through medication tanks.
5. Reconstitute the vaccine, as directed.
6. Use a clean container partially filled with cool, fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add 30 g of dried milk powder if final volume of water per 1000 doses of vaccine is to be 10 litres; 60 g if final volume of water per 1000 doses is to 20 litres, etc. Stir mixture until the dried milk powder is in solution.
7. Be certain to add the dried milk powder first, then the rehydrated vaccine from the vial. Stir until mixed.
8. Add the mixture to the final volume of water as follows:
Add this amount of Vaccine
To this amount of Water
for birds 2 weeks to 8 weeks old
for birds over 8 weeks old
(1 litre=0.22 imp.gal.)
100 to 200 litres
200 to 400 litres
9. Distribute evenly in the clean waterers. Do not place in sunlight. Return to regular watering only after vaccine-water-milk mixture is consumed. The water should be consumed within two hours.
For Spray Vaccination
For the revaccination of chickens 4 weeks old or older. Reduce light intensity to avoid exciting birds. When spraying, employ a power sprayer.
1. Reconstitute the vaccine as directed using cool, distilled water, immediately before spraying.
2. Use at least one dose per bird.
3. For the initial spray administration use a large droplet (60+ microns) spray. For subsequent spray applications, a smaller droplet (45 to 60 microns) spray may be used. Approximately 3 to 4 ounces of water per 1000 doses of vaccine is recommended for power sprayers.
4. Close doors, windows, ventilators and shut off fans immediately before spraying. Do not spray in drafts. Leave buildings closed and fans off for 20 to 30 minutes after spraying unless birds show discomfort. With large buildings, during warm weather, it may be necessary to spray early in the morning using more than one sprayer for faster coverage.
5. Walk slowly through house, spraying vaccine toward the birds.
6. Immediately after spraying, flush sprayer with clean water. Store sprayer in a clean, dry place.
Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus Caution
1. If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premise at the same time.
2. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, don’t transport vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc. into areas containing unvaccinated birds.
3. Birds transported by parcel post should be vaccinated at the destination-not prior to shipment-to avoid possibility of violating postal regulations.
4. This product should be stored, transported and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
This product is nonreturnable.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10 x 1,000 Doses
List No 1510476PFE: 10 x 10,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36902763
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bronchitis Vaccine, Mass. Type, Live Virus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21