Ava-Pox CEThis page contains information on Ava-Pox CE for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Ava-Pox CE Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Ava-Pox CE
- Direction and dosage information for Ava-Pox CE
Ava-Pox CEThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOWL POX VACCINE
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
This vaccine is prepared from a strain of Fowl Pox Virus that has the ability to give good takes and immunity in chickens and turkeys 8-18 weeks of age when applied by the wing web method in chickens and thigh application in turkeys. This pox vaccine is the one of choice for vaccinating birds to be kept for laying purposes. The vial of dried virus material contains stabilized Fowl Pox virus blended and ready for use according to the following directions.
Ava-Pox CE Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens and turkeys 8 to 18 weeks of age against fowl pox. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals, in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
Preparation Of Vaccine
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vaccine vial.
2. Remove the seal and stopper from the vial of 10 ml diluent.
3. Pour one-half of diluent from diluent vial into vial of vaccine. Insert the rubber stopper and shake until resuspended.
4. Pour resuspended vaccine into diluent vial. Add rubber stopper and shake well. Vaccine is now ready for use.
FOR CHICKENS 8-18 WEEKS OF AGE
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 ml should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination.
FOR TURKEYS 8-18 WEEKS OF AGE
1. Vaccine is applied to the thigh muscles. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 ml should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the thigh muscle.
3. Be careful not to pierce the tendons but go deep enough to break skin and deliver the vaccine.
4. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination.
Ava-Pox CE Caution
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY BIRDS.
2. All birds should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter or 35 days prior to onset and during egg production.
5. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
6. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
7. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual birds and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of birds; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 1621.14
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
10 x 1,000 Doses
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-02-28