Spray and Stretch Side Effects
Generic Name: pentafluoropropane / tetrafluoroethane topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about pentafluoropropane / tetrafluoroethane topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Spray and Stretch.
For the Consumer
Applies to pentafluoropropane / tetrafluoroethane topical: external aerosol
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- Change in color of skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to pentafluoropropane / tetrafluoroethane topical: topical spray
Local side effects have rarely included alteration of skin pigmentation.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Instant Ice (pentafluoropropane-tetrafluoroethane topical)." Gebauer Company, Cleveland, OH.
Some side effects of Spray and Stretch may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Spray and Stretch (pentafluoropropane / tetrafluoroethane topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
Other brands: Gebauer's Spray and Stretch