Pro-Fast SR Side Effects
Generic Name: phentermine
Note: This document contains side effect information about phentermine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Pro-Fast SR.
For the Consumer
Applies to phentermine: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating
Along with its needed effects, phentermine (the active ingredient contained in Pro-Fast SR) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking phentermine:Rare
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- severe mental changes
- Chest pain
- decreased ability to exercise
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- swelling of the feet or lower legs
- trembling or shaking of the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- trouble breathing
- trouble with thinking, speaking, or walking
Some side effects of phentermine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Incidence not known
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- dry mouth
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- inability to have or keep an erection
- increased in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- redness of the skin
- unpleasant taste
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to phentermine: compounding powder, oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating
Frequency not reported: Regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, primary pulmonary hypertension, palpitations, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, precordial pain, ischemic events, angina, myocardial infarction, cardiac failure, cardiac arrest[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Rash[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Micturition disturbances[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Overstimulation, restlessness, nervousness, dizziness, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, fatigue, cerebrovascular events[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Lomaira (phentermine)." KVK-Tech Inc, Newtown, PA.
2. "Product Information. Adipex-P (phentermine)." Teva Pharmaceuticals (formerly Gate Pharmaceuticals), Sellersville, PA.
3. "Product Information. Phentermine Hydrochloride (phentermine)." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, North Wales, PA.
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Some side effects of Pro-Fast SR may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Pro-Fast SR (phentermine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anorexiants