Oby-Cap Side Effects
Generic Name: phentermine
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug phentermine. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Oby-Cap.
For the Consumer
Applies to phentermine: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating
As well as its needed effects, phentermine (the active ingredient contained in Oby-Cap) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking phentermine, check with your doctor immediately:Rare
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- severe mental changes
- Chest pain
- decreased ability to exercise
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- swelling of the feet or lower legs
- trembling or shaking of the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- trouble breathing
- trouble with thinking, speaking, or walking
Minor Side Effects
Some phentermine side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:Incidence not known:
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- dry mouth
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- inability to have or keep an erection
- increased in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- redness of the skin
- unpleasant taste
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to phentermine: compounding powder, oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating
Frequency not reported: Regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, primary pulmonary hypertension, palpitations, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, precordial pain, ischemic events, angina, myocardial infarction, cardiac failure, cardiac arrest[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Rash[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Dry mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Micturition disturbances[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Urticaria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Overstimulation, restlessness, nervousness, dizziness, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, fatigue, cerebrovascular events[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Facial edema[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Insomnia, psychosis, impotence, libido changes, depression, hallucinations[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Lomaira (phentermine)." KVK-Tech Inc, Newtown, PA.
2. "Product Information. Adipex-P (phentermine)." Teva Pharmaceuticals (formerly Gate Pharmaceuticals), Sellersville, PA.
3. "Product Information. Phentermine Hydrochloride (phentermine)." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, North Wales, PA.
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
It is possible that some side effects of Oby-Cap may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Oby-Cap (phentermine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anorexiants
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.