Nimbex Side Effects
Generic name: cisatracurium
Note: This document contains side effect information about cisatracurium. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Nimbex.
Applies to cisatracurium: intravenous solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, cisatracurium (the active ingredient contained in Nimbex) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking cisatracurium:
- Blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- difficulty breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- noisy breathing
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- Difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- muscular pain, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of cisatracurium may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 3, 2020.
More about Nimbex (cisatracurium)
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: neuromuscular blocking agents
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.