Micronefrin Side Effects
Generic name: racepinephrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 9, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about racepinephrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Micronefrin.
For the Consumer
Applies to racepinephrine: inhalation nebulization solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Trouble sleeping.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to racepinephrine: inhalation solution
Frequency not reported: Increased blood pressure, increase heart rate[Ref]
More about Micronefrin (racepinephrine)
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. S2 Inhalant (racepinephrine)." Nephron Pharmaceuticals, Orlando, FL.
2. "Product Information. Asthmanefrin (racepinephrine)." Nephron Pharmaceuticals, Orlando, FL.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.