Kerydin Side Effects
Generic Name: tavaborole topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about tavaborole topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Kerydin.
For the Consumer
Applies to tavaborole topical: topical application solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tavaborole topical (the active ingredient contained in Kerydin) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking tavaborole topical:
- Blistering, burning, itching, pain, stinging, or redness at the application site
- ingrown toenail
Incidence not known
- Crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- joint pain, stiffness or swelling
- redness of the skin
- scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing or swallowing
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tavaborole topical: topical solution
Common (1% to 10%): Ingrown toenail[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Hypersensitivity, contact allergy[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Kerydin (tavaborole topical)." Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Palo Alto,, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Kerydin (tavaborole topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 29 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- FDA Approval History