Fusilev Side Effects
Generic Name: levoleucovorin calcium
Note: This document contains side effect information about levoleucovorin calcium. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Fusilev.
More frequent side effects include: diarrhea. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to levoleucovorin calcium: intravenous powder for solution, intravenous solution
Along with its needed effects, levoleucovorin calcium (the active ingredient contained in Fusilev) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking levoleucovorin calcium:More common
- Cloudy urine
- decrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating ability
- difficult or labored breathing
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- lack or loss of strength
- shortness of breath
- stomach cramps, tenderness, or pain
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- watery or bloody diarrhea
- Feeling unusually cold
Some side effects of levoleucovorin calcium may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- Acid or sour stomach
- bad, unusual, or unpleasant (after) taste
- blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, reddening, or swelling of the skin
- burning, tingling, numbness, or pain in the hands, arms, feet, or legs
- change in taste
- cracked, dry, or scaly skin
- decreased appetite
- hair loss or thinning of the hair
- loss of appetite
- mood or mental changes
- sensation of pins and needles
- stabbing pain
- stomach discomfort or upset
- swelling or inflammation of the mouth
- weight loss
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to levoleucovorin calcium: intravenous powder for injection, intravenous solution
Other side effects including confusion (6.3%), taste perversion (6.3), temperature change, and rigors have been reported.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects including neuropathy (6.3%) have been reported.[Ref]
Renal side effects including abnormal renal function (6.3%) have been reported.[Ref]
Other side effects including confusion (6.3%), taste perversion (6.3), temperature change, and rigors have been reported.
1. "Product Information. Levoleucovorin (levoleucovorin)." Spectrum Chemical, Gardena, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Fusilev (levoleucovorin calcium)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: antidotes