User Reviews for Capecitabine

Pancreatic Cancer 1.0
Summary of Capecitabine reviews 7.1 33 reviews

Reviews for Capecitabine

gp June 8, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have metastatic breast cancer that spread to my liver and bone, My oncologist said its inoperable. I've been on capecitabine and a new experimental chemo drug called tesataxal for approx 10 months now I'm on my 13 cycle. So far my tumors stable some have shrunk. I'm getting a little anxious and was wondering how long I need to continue taking this drug. The protocol requires me to take it for 2 years. I'm asking if anyone has other alternatives to speed up the process?”

Very Sad · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2020

For Pancreatic Cancer: “My Father was given capecitabine medication by his oncologist to slow down the progression of his pancreatic cancer. It did not work. Cancer spread fast.”

Old Woman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer: “I took it the during the 3rd year after my diagnosis. It worked great for about 11 months and then it didn't. But I was struggling with extreme fatigue before I started taking it and within the first week I felt so much better. Other than fatigue i didn't have any side effects. It was great”

TL · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My mom has has taken this medication capecitabine for 4 sessions (2weeks +1 week break) now and it was 1 tablet (500mg) am and 1 tablet( 500mg) pm for 3 sessions and after the first session she was not able to do most of her daily chores as she used to but by the third session she had a tummy so swollen ( 2x its original size). And in the forth dose when it was 2 tablets (500mg) am and 2 tablets( 500mg) pm things just got out of hand with an exploding tummy, not being able to eat or walk and excessive belching, passing less urine, trouble breathing and severe leg, feet, back and shoulder pain . I think this medication hits pretty hard on elderly people.”

Ali · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was diagnosed with liver mets in May this year also have had bone Mets for 5 years all from my breast cancer. So far Capecitbine has worked fantastically I have had 2 scans since starting and both very positive as tumors are shrinking. I feel great. Any side affects are very easy treated.”

Jones · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2019

For Breast Cancer: “Just started on xeloda 3000mg 3 x500mg in am and 3x500mg in pm. MBC stage 4 did not respond to Ibrance or Piqray. Hope this Xeloda works. 3 doses taken so far with no side effects. I have heard horror stories about losing finger and toenails. Any suggestions?”

Joy Hewlett · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2018

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Wonderful drug for me. Brought my tumor marker blood test from 555 to 71 and still may be going lower. No side effects. Pray it continues to work.”

PH · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

For Breast Cancer: “I take capecitabine for 14 days with 7 days off. My dosage is 3000mg per day (3 pills in the AM with food, 3 pills in PM with food). Side effects in cycle 1 were very minimal; mild fatigue and nausea that began toward the end of the cycle. Hand/Foot syndrome developed in cycle 2: blistering on fingers, toes, discoloration on fingers, pain on bottom of foot that limited my walking. Side effects in cycle 3 were severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping, in addition to worsening of hand/foot. I am taking a 3 week break from the drug and the dosage will be adjusted in cycle 4.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Chemo pill that is so awful!!!! I didn’t have as many side effects taking AC (Adriamycina & Cyclophosphamide) chemo. I do have so many side effects with these awful pills. The thought of enduring 5 more extremely awful months is almost unimaginable.”

devila August 8, 2017

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have been taking these pills for the past two months...one week on one week off. 500mg per pill. 8 pills per day, four in the morning and four at night and so far this has been a god sent. I have MBC stage 4 as of today I have had no side effects no hair thinning, no diarrhea, no peeling of the hands or feet. I was given the option of chemo infusion but declined as after reading all the side effects I decided not to go that route. I just left my doctors office this afternoon and the news was good. The swelling and open wounds on the breast that had been bleeding profusely has stopped. wounds are healing and some shrinkage of the tumor was seen. I can only tell you that it seems to be working for me.”

tedcloak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2017

For Colorectal Cancer: “85-yr-old white male in good health. Although symptom-less, I failed two fecal occult blood tests (at home). When I came to after the follow-up colonoscopy, the doctor told me "You have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow morning." A week later I had a resection of the descending part of my large intestine, eliminating a good-sized tumor. Because two of the removed 18 lymph nodes also tested positive, I was rated stage 3b (possible undetectable "mini-metastases"), so my oncologist put me on Capecitabine as adjuvant therapy. Three pills 2x a day two weeks on one off for 6 mos. Because of a bad rash on my forearms, he cut me back to two pills. Still some fatigue, and dry fingertips. Finished 4 weeks ago. Success? Testing starts soon.”

Cheryl C · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2017

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I will be starting my 4th round next week of Xeloda (generic). I have stage 4 breast cancer that I have been battling for over 6 years. Tumor spread to the liver, some sort of tumors near my kidney pressing my urethra, and pleurisy. I was losing 1 to 2 lbs a day. This is only my third therapy in all those years. My first round was 4,000 mg per day for 14 days. We had to adjust as the pain in my feet became horrific after a week. I am now taking 3,000 mg per day for 7 days on; 7 days off. I am no longer losing weight so we know the xeloda is probably working on the liver. The pleural area is not refilling (had surgery); kidney was saved with stents. Please do not be quick to jump to another drug (only when they stop working).”

Rozeya · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2017

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Colorectal Cancer: “I am in my 2nd month of taking xeloda after going through 36 rounds of chemotherapy since 2013. My intake of xeloda is 3 pills every twelve hours for 7 days and off 7 days. The side effect I am experiencing is the discoloration of the inside of my hands and the bottom of my feet, they also tingle and are painful at times. I am often tired and have also had pain in my shoulder and chest. I don't know if this medicine will keep the cancer from coming back, but I'd rather deal with these side effects than the chemo.”

SueZi December 12, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have been taking Xeloda 500mg. for approximately 5 months with only a few side effects I am on one week and off the next. I am tired during the week I am on with occasional diarrhea. I have noticed my hair thinning more but not too extreme. I don't have any hand or foot peeling as others do. I sleep really good and my appetite has not been affected. On occasion my gums feel a little tender. The best part is my tumor markers continue to drop in number! This is working for me.”

Jesselina October 10, 2016

For Breast Cancer: “My mom was hospitalized three days after taking a low dose of this poison. Even before she started, she was not really eating and drinking (receiving hydration IVs three days a week). Her liver was so swollen that she could barely swallow her tiny pain pills every four hours. We had to be creative -using honey and Jell-O to keep pills from getting stuck in her throat. I’m guessing that this drug is intended for younger or healthier people, and that in my mom’s case, it probably robbed her of some precious time with her family. She is so much weaker now than before.”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer: “Xeloda has brought my tm's down slowly but consistently. However, when I changed to the Mylan brand ( insurance made me switch to the Accredo mail order)I had a horrible experience after one cycle. The other products/binders in this brand included lactose and a combination similar to Miralax. I became lactose intolerant and dehydrated due to severe diarrhea. Also had severe myalgia and arthralgia.I am now back on the Teva brand and seem to be doing well.”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Appears I have developed lactose intolerance on my third cycle”

bjmonson July 10, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I began this drug when diagnosed 9 months ago with Stage IV Metastatic CA. I take 4 pills in the a.m. and 3 in the p.m. I began on the 14 days on and 7 days off regime. Went ok with only a little nausea at first, but a few cycles in had severe diarrhea and stomach pain to the point of passing out on the toilet. The next day diarrhea with bloody stools. My oncologist changed the cycle to 1 week on and 1 week off and I have had much less severe side effects. I do get a day or two with a bout of diarrhea and sometimes a day or 2 of foot redness even with using creams faithfully. However, my CT scan confirms my cancer liver spots have decreased and shrunk. My bone spots are healing in places and there are no new areas seen...so far, so good.”

BC Survivor May 18, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I am thankful this drug didn't kill me! After taking this drug for 8 days the side effects started and went from bad to worse...blisters on hands, and hands and feet as well as every fold in my skin turned black and I had severe diahrea, that ended up putting me in the hospital for 6 days. The medicine reacted to my colon and it was wide open, couldn't hold anything down, lost 17 pounds is 7 days, although the weight loss was welcomed, I wouldn't suggest going about it this way. I stuck it out for the full 14 day regime and my doctor believes that with taking the drug for the first cycle hopefully it shrunk some of the tumors which are in my jaw, spine, collar bone and left femur. New treatmen coming after I recover from Xeloda!”

janmarbol · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My husband is on it and is extremely fatigued- and I MEAN TIRED to where he can't walk w/o getting out of breath. He also coughs constantly and brings up white foamy phlegm. L girl, you said your mom passed soon after taking the drug. I'm so sorry. Did she have issues with lungs and/or cough? I hope you see this but I'm not sure you will since we can't message people on here apparently.”

cher61 April 4, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I've been on Xeloda for 5 months. I have extreme traveling pains. Once I woke up at 3am and my right hand felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife and the knife was still in it. This lasted for 3 days. Next it was my left leg at the hip joint. I couldn't walk on it. Lots of pain when I moved it. It lasted about 4 days. Next was in my jaw joint. Painful swelling, couldn't bite down on anything..another 3 day episode. The pain is horrible. I go for scans in two weeks to see why my tumor markers went up. Could be from the inflammation xeloda is causing, could be xeloda is not working for me and the cancer is spreading. Will know soon.”

L girl November 19, 2015

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My mom took this medication and not long after she passed away. I think this medication played a good part. I wouldn't take it if I was any1 but hopefully it might work for you.”

app... April 9, 2015

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Stomach Cancer: “My father suffered from CA esophagus stage II A. it was very difficult situation he suffered from..had 13 cm of length in esophagus and after 3 chemotherapy of epirubicin, oxaloplatin and with Xeloda tabs ..it was amazing reduction in size up to 2 cm only..then we had operation and again same back up plan with 3 chemo and xeloda....its almost 3 years and he is safe i m happy ..thank god”

AndyW · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2014

For Colorectal Cancer: “Only on my 3rd week of this medicine but finding it far less intrusive than the Folfox (5FU) treatment I had 4 years ago via drip and permanent line, with a pump for 48 hours each treatment. Some thinning of hair, not really noticeable, and lots of my friends have less hair than me anyway! I'm a keen runner and cyclist, and do find that I can't push myself as hard anymore, get very short of breath on up-hills. But at least I'm still able to lead an active lifestyle, hill walking causes no trouble at all. Feel slightly nauseous quite frequently, but not been sick yet, and brush my teeth half a dozen times a day to ensure no soreness (which I had with 5FU). Slight soreness on soles of feet, particularly after long runs or walks.”

Jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2013

Xeloda (capecitabine) for Colorectal Cancer: “Found out I had colon cancer and thought that was the end of me. Xeloda was very easy to take, twice daily for two weeks. One week off with testing. A small amount of tenderness in the mouth was the only problem, and that was minor. Only noticed it when I decided to try one of my diet favorites which is hot sauce.”