User Reviews for Capecitabine to treat Colorectal Cancer

Also known as: Xeloda

Capecitabine has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Colorectal Cancer. 83% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Capecitabine Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Colorectal Cancer.

Reviews for Capecitabine

MeMaw · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2020

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer in January 2020. I under went 6 weeks of Xeloda along with 6 weeks targeted radiation. The combination shrunk my tumour 1.5 inches which was considered a great success for when I had surgery in July of 2020. I had a bit of nausea and was very exhausted. Some tingling in my thumb and fingers. Also had some diarrhea occasionally. My hair has never been healthier .... zero hair loss. At one point I had some mouth tenderness but never open sores. I have recently just finished 4 months of follow up chemo (xeloda)and currently recovering from side effects such as extreme fatigue , muscle aches ,limited nausea and diarrhea. Also I’ve had split and peeling skin on thumbs and fingers all in all my experience with Xeloda has been good. I’ve been told that there is zero sign of any cancer left , CT scan last week will tell the tale. Will know more early January but feeling very optimistic.”

JohnB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2021

“They found a fairly good size tumor in my colon in Dec. 2020. Had it removed on Jan. 26. 2021. All other CT scans, blood checks and urine tests returned negative as did the pathology on the lymph nodes that they sent out after the operation. They have me on Capecitabine for six months as a precautionary measure, the choice to take it was mine. I am on the three week schedule - take medicine for two weeks, off for 1 week. I take 2000 mg with my morning meal and 2000 mg with my evening meal. I am in my second session and have had little or no side effects as of yet. Some upset stomachs and tiredness, thats about it. Just wondering if anyone else is taking this much without having problems? Stay safe and be careful and don' get lax about the covid situation. I just had my first vaccine two weeks ago.”

Jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2013

Xeloda (capecitabine): “Found out I had colon cancer and thought that was the end of me. Xeloda was very easy to take, twice daily for two weeks. One week off with testing. A small amount of tenderness in the mouth was the only problem, and that was minor. Only noticed it when I decided to try one of my diet favorites which is hot sauce.”

vange November 18, 2011

Xeloda (capecitabine): “My father was diagnosed with stage four colo-rectal cancer one year ago. I'm thankful for Xeloda it has worked in shrinking the tumor on his colon, he has not lost hair, does not vomit or have constant diarrhea, is eating well and can still taste flavors of the food he eats, I thank the God for this. But he does have other symptoms like pain and peeling on his hands and feet, blackness on his hands and bottom of his feet. I do notice he has chills, feels week and disoriented at times, body aches and his hearing is not as good as it was before.”

Anonymous February 4, 2012

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I have been on Xeloda since October 2011 and haven't had any of the side effects listed. I have been able to maintain my appetite and haven't lost my hair. Actually, my hair has thinned just a little, gained a little bit more body and is getting lighter. This has been a very positive experience as far as chemo goes. I definitely will do Xeloda again (If I have to). There is a questionable mass on my lung...surgeon says cancer....oncologist no sure...and it is shrinking. I'm unsure if it is related to the combination medication I was on or Xeloda. I will hopefully determine that with this cycle of Xeloda on its own. ”

Oose October 25, 2008

Xeloda (capecitabine): “This drug saved my life. It eradicated my tumor and made it possible for me to have a much less extensive surgery than anticipated. I had very few side effects and the ones I did have were easily managed with medicine.”

Rozeya · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2017

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I am in my 2nd month of taking xeloda after going through 36 rounds of chemotherapy since 2013. My intake of xeloda is 3 pills every twelve hours for 7 days and off 7 days. The side effect I am experiencing is the discoloration of the inside of my hands and the bottom of my feet, they also tingle and are painful at times. I am often tired and have also had pain in my shoulder and chest. I don't know if this medicine will keep the cancer from coming back, but I'd rather deal with these side effects than the chemo.”

AndyW · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2014

“Only on my 3rd week of this medicine but finding it far less intrusive than the Folfox (5FU) treatment I had 4 years ago via drip and permanent line, with a pump for 48 hours each treatment. Some thinning of hair, not really noticeable, and lots of my friends have less hair than me anyway! I'm a keen runner and cyclist, and do find that I can't push myself as hard anymore, get very short of breath on up-hills. But at least I'm still able to lead an active lifestyle, hill walking causes no trouble at all. Feel slightly nauseous quite frequently, but not been sick yet, and brush my teeth half a dozen times a day to ensure no soreness (which I had with 5FU). Slight soreness on soles of feet, particularly after long runs or walks.”

tedcloak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2017

“85-yr-old white male in good health. Although symptom-less, I failed two fecal occult blood tests (at home). When I came to after the follow-up colonoscopy, the doctor told me "You have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow morning." A week later I had a resection of the descending part of my large intestine, eliminating a good-sized tumor. Because two of the removed 18 lymph nodes also tested positive, I was rated stage 3b (possible undetectable "mini-metastases"), so my oncologist put me on Capecitabine as adjuvant therapy. Three pills 2x a day two weeks on one off for 6 mos. Because of a bad rash on my forearms, he cut me back to two pills. Still some fatigue, and dry fingertips. Finished 4 weeks ago. Success? Testing starts soon.”

omaralim July 19, 2008

“My mum was on this medication for approximately 12 months. Compared to the Folfox-4 protocol, this medication delivers the same effectiveness with significantly less side effects in addition to the convenience of being in tablet form. The only side effect that caused mum to discontinue the treatment was decreased white blood count causing reduced immunity (similar to other protocols).”

Anonymous March 27, 2008

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I had little to no side effects. It elimanated one tumor and slowed the grouth of the other.”

sacoma August 22, 2009

“I am using this now, have already had 6 weeks treatment. It helped shrink the tumor before surgery. I am on a further 6 months course to eradicate any cells left and have had no side effects at all.”

Learn more about Colorectal Cancer