User Reviews for Capecitabine to treat Breast Cancer

Also known as: Xeloda

Capecitabine has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Breast Cancer. 57% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Capecitabine Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 181 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer.

Old Woman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I took it the during the 3rd year after my diagnosis. It worked great for about 11 months and then it didn't. But I was struggling with extreme fatigue before I started taking it and within the first week I felt so much better. Other than fatigue i didn't have any side effects. It was great”

Geegee October 6, 2020

“I am about to start breast cancer treatment #5 out of 6.. Hooray!!! So far side effects have been very minimal. A very low grade 1 on the hand and foot syndrome (but also contribute that to the job I do, on my feet 8 hours a day, I am a Cashier) no blisters. Digestive the only thing, a bit of stomach cramping. Minimal fatigue, but still able to work 40 hours a week and hike twice a week (on my days off to make sure I don’t over do it on my feet) I am a faithful drinker of water and lotion on my hands and feet. I’m 2 weeks on / one week off 3000mg 3 pills morning 3 pills night.. Hasn’t affect my blood work.. THANKFUL for that.. It pays off that I went into this journey very healthy and young (46) with no other health conditions”

PH · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

“I take capecitabine for 14 days with 7 days off. My dosage is 3000mg per day (3 pills in the AM with food, 3 pills in PM with food). Side effects in cycle 1 were very minimal; mild fatigue and nausea that began toward the end of the cycle. Hand/Foot syndrome developed in cycle 2: blistering on fingers, toes, discoloration on fingers, pain on bottom of foot that limited my walking. Side effects in cycle 3 were severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping, in addition to worsening of hand/foot. I am taking a 3 week break from the drug and the dosage will be adjusted in cycle 4.”

missrozita · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2021

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I have HER2 neu positive and BRCA gene mutation associated with triple breast cancer diagnosis. I’ve been on capecitabine for several months. First series of treatments lasted 2 months before neuropathy and skin peeling began on hands and feet. Mouth sores and acne around mouth area was pretty severe. Stopped treatment for 4 weeks and skin fluffing subsided. Adjusted a different medication I was taking with the capecitabine and started back on treatment. Within 4 weeks hand and feet issues started again. May need to decrease dosage.”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine): “Xeloda has brought my tm's down slowly but consistently. However, when I changed to the Mylan brand ( insurance made me switch to the Accredo mail order)I had a horrible experience after one cycle. The other products/binders in this brand included lactose and a combination similar to Miralax. I became lactose intolerant and dehydrated due to severe diarrhea. Also had severe myalgia and arthralgia.I am now back on the Teva brand and seem to be doing well.”

Jones · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2019

“Just started on xeloda 3000mg 3 x500mg in am and 3x500mg in pm. MBC stage 4 did not respond to Ibrance or Piqray. Hope this Xeloda works. 3 doses taken so far with no side effects. I have heard horror stories about losing finger and toenails. Any suggestions?”

Jesselina October 10, 2016

“My mom was hospitalized three days after taking a low dose of this poison. Even before she started, she was not really eating and drinking (receiving hydration IVs three days a week). Her liver was so swollen that she could barely swallow her tiny pain pills every four hours. We had to be creative -using honey and Jell-O to keep pills from getting stuck in her throat. I’m guessing that this drug is intended for younger or healthier people, and that in my mom’s case, it probably robbed her of some precious time with her family. She is so much weaker now than before.”

Lidya · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 2, 2012