User Reviews for Capecitabine to treat Breast Cancer

Also known as: Xeloda

Capecitabine Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 177 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer.

Reviews for Capecitabine

Old Woman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

Xeloda (capecitabine): “I took it the during the 3rd year after my diagnosis. It worked great for about 11 months and then it didn't. But I was struggling with extreme fatigue before I started taking it and within the first week I felt so much better. Other than fatigue i didn't have any side effects. It was great”

Jones · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2019

“Just started on xeloda 3000mg 3 x500mg in am and 3x500mg in pm. MBC stage 4 did not respond to Ibrance or Piqray. Hope this Xeloda works. 3 doses taken so far with no side effects. I have heard horror stories about losing finger and toenails. Any suggestions?”

PH · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

“I take capecitabine for 14 days with 7 days off. My dosage is 3000mg per day (3 pills in the AM with food, 3 pills in PM with food). Side effects in cycle 1 were very minimal; mild fatigue and nausea that began toward the end of the cycle. Hand/Foot syndrome developed in cycle 2: blistering on fingers, toes, discoloration on fingers, pain on bottom of foot that limited my walking. Side effects in cycle 3 were severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping, in addition to worsening of hand/foot. I am taking a 3 week break from the drug and the dosage will be adjusted in cycle 4.”

Jesselina October 10, 2016

“My mom was hospitalized three days after taking a low dose of this poison. Even before she started, she was not really eating and drinking (receiving hydration IVs three days a week). Her liver was so swollen that she could barely swallow her tiny pain pills every four hours. We had to be creative -using honey and Jell-O to keep pills from getting stuck in her throat. I’m guessing that this drug is intended for younger or healthier people, and that in my mom’s case, it probably robbed her of some precious time with her family. She is so much weaker now than before.”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2016

Xeloda (capecitabine): “Xeloda has brought my tm's down slowly but consistently. However, when I changed to the Mylan brand ( insurance made me switch to the Accredo mail order)I had a horrible experience after one cycle. The other products/binders in this brand included lactose and a combination similar to Miralax. I became lactose intolerant and dehydrated due to severe diarrhea. Also had severe myalgia and arthralgia.I am now back on the Teva brand and seem to be doing well.”

Lidya · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 2, 2012

Xeloda (capecitabine): “Good”

Learn more about Breast Cancer

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)