Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion And Cough
Dosage form: capsule, gelatin coated
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 11523-7158
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each softgel)||Purpose|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, reoccurs, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Abuse of this product can lead to serious injury.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over:
1 or 2 softgels every 4 hours, not more than
12 softgels in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from freezing
- protect from excessive moisture
FD&C blue no.1, FD&C red no. 40, gelatin, glycerin, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, sorbitol
Call 1-800-317-2165 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday
|CORICIDIN HBP CHEST CONGESTION AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Medically reviewed on May 22, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.