User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin

Also known as: Mucinex DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM, Tussin DM, Mucinex Children's Cough, Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion & Cough, Mucus Relief DM, Mucinex DM Maximum Strength, Robafen DM, Siltussin DM, Creo-Terpin, Cofex-DM, Vicks DayQuil Cough & Congestion, Guaiasorb Cough Medicine, Diabetic Tuss DM, Broncotron, Guaifenesin DM, Chest Congestion Relief DM, Tussin DM Max, Diabetic Tussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM, Humibid CS, Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Biocotron, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM Maximum Strength, Tusnel Diabetic, Coricidin HBP Multi-Symptom Cold (Day), Ambi 1000/55, Benylin Expectorant, Guiacough DM, Bidex-DMI, Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM, GG-DM SR, Humigen DM, Altarussin DM, Guiat Clear DM, Cough Formula-DM, Bidex-DM, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough, Scot-Tussin Senior, Mucinex Fast-Max DM Max, Pecgen DMX, Duratuss DM, Guiatuss Clear, Allfen DM, PediaCare Cough & Congestion, Mucinex Children's FreeFrom Cough & Mucus, HT Tuss DM, Hydro-Tuss DM, Drituss DM, Guaifen DM, Rompe Pecho DM, Biospec DMX, Delsym Children’s Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Guai-Dex, Guaifenesin DM SR, Bidex-A, Robitussin Children' s Cough & Chest Congestion DM, Extuss LA, ExeFen-DM, Siltussin DM DAS Cough Formula, Phlemex, DuraDEX, Aquatab DM, DuraDEX Forte, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion Sugar-Free DM, Guaifen DM NR, Guiadrine DX, Balminil DM + Expectorant Sugar Free, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough & Chest Congestion, G Bid DM, Atuss-12 DX, G-Tron, G-Zyncof Guaibid DM Safetussin DM Zyncof Congesta DM Mucosa DM Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cough & Mucus DM Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Maximum Strength Duratuss DM 12 Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief DM Brontuss Tussi-Organidin-DM Guaifenex DM Triaminic Cough & Congestion Dex-Tuss DM Fenesin DM IR Mucus Relief Cough Gani-Tuss-DM NR Guiadrine DM Fenex-DM Fenesin DM Humibid DM Pediatric Giltuss Honey Cough & Chest Congestion Giltuss HBP Cough & Chest Congestion Guiatussin-DM Giltuss Diabetic Cough & Cold Giltuss Children's Honey Cough & Chest Congestion Guiatuss DM Double-Tussin DM Giltuss Children's Cough & Chest Congestion Amibid DM Duraganidin Genatuss DM Glycotuss-DM Vicks Pediatric Formula 44e Cough & Chest Congestion Relief Anti-Tuss DM Aquabid DM GG/DM …show all brand names

Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 31 ratings on Drugs.com. 43% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 37% reported a negative experience.

Cough
6.3
Expectoration
4.8
Summary of Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin reviews 5.8 31 reviews

Reviews for Dextromethorphan / guaifenesin

susie · May 1, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

HK · Taken for less than 1 month · March 29, 2018

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “I wasn't feeling well and it was recommended that I try Musinex DM. I took one 12hr pill and started to feel better or so I thought. Half through the 12hr dose I started to have blurry vision and I could feel something covering my eye. I went to look at my eye and I had green mucus coming out of it. First it was one eye, then it was both. I thought I might have conjunctivitis (pink eye) but once I stopped taking the Musinex DM the issue went away. I will never again take this product. Just doesn't work for everyone.”

129393939399393 · November 5, 2014

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month · December 9, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month · December 2, 2020

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “215 lb. male with headcold / chestcold and extreme congestion. Only used Mucinex for two days during daytime with lots of H2O. Broke all congestion loose resulting in sinus drainage and productive cough. Great stuff. Made me feel kind of "buzzy". I would not recommend mixing with other meds (e.g., Nyquil). This would likely cause adverse reactions. Very important to over hydrate when taking!”

Jon · Taken for less than 1 month · February 21, 2022

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin): “Guy on here said it made his heart race which made him use his inhaler?..Asthma inhalers can make you jittery so you literally did the opposite of what you should have done. Another person said something about a flu shot and them telling him the flu symptoms were not related? Come on..the vaccine is a weakened version of the flu so of course it cause flu symptoms. I wouldn't expect it to do much in that situation but usually when experiencing coughing at night the suppressant is good and with congested sinuses during the day the expectorant is good. check for possible interactions with other meds, hydrate PLENTY, dont just start by taking the highest recommended dosage, this is not a cure for covid or other viruses but can help clear out phlegm. Definitely not for everyone but works for most.”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 21, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”

L99 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 29, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “The expectorant “guaifenesin” is superb, and I usually take Mucinex for severe COPD issues on a regular basis. However, Mucinex-DM is not covered by my insurance, Mucinex is. With a severe cough, I was RX generic Robotussin DM. Worked very well. NOTE! I take several OTC meds regularly, and all but moisture eye drops (for me, and not RX covered) my Dr. writes a script for, and are MUCH less$$ then buying the same meds OTC. Insurance coverage including Medicaid (not sure about Medicare, check it out anyway) may save major$$ by getting a RX for OTC meds. Never hurts to ask for a RX, and it’s easier then asking your insurance company, which U can do, as long as U don’t die on hold...”

Bad reaction · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2022

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “(51F) I took two pills of MucinexDM for Covid symptoms, and it didn’t touch my cough or congestion. But, my eyes swelled shut and started leaking copious amounts of green goo, and my pulse was over 100 even at rest. Not a good first experience!”

Sasha · Taken for less than 1 month · November 1, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “While taking Mucinex DM 600mg, twice a day for 7 days, I hadn't realized why I was itching something fierce. Until my 7th day when I looked up the side effects. Absolutely nothing helped to ease the itch all over but scratching. Other than that, my congestion has eased significantly.”

65 year old.... · December 8, 2021

Mucinex DM Maximum Strength (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Great product..... worked well in attacking COVID 19 symptoms. Helped reduce coughing and fever!!! Buy the Generic 1200mg for a much lower price!! It works very well!! Take two every 12 hours for best results!!”

curt · October 12, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

Anonymous · July 10, 2009

For Cough: “This medication is only slightly less effective than codeine or hydrocodone, in treating cough and has fewer side effects than both. The only negatives are the frequent required dosing and the unpleasant taste from these products.”

Mr Mike · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2020

For Expectoration: “Took medicine and it actually helped me feel good for once since I’ve been sick with a chest cold for two weeks . So sick I couldn’t even go drinking . As far as the side affects , don’t worry people it’s not crack in a bottle it’s only cold medicine.”

Anxietylady · Taken for less than 1 month · December 12, 2019

For Expectoration: “Took an off brand mucinex around 10:00 pm, (same ingredients). I fell to sleep and woke up at 2:00am with extreme anxiety, dizziness, rapid heart rate, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, and shakiness. Will never take this medication or anything like it again. I'm glad I only took one tablet.”

Ms Jae · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2022

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Had chest congestion, stuffy nose and sore throat the instructions recommended 1 or 2 tablets it worked very well. However I'm spitting aqua blue/green saliva??? can't find any reference in my research indicating this being one of the side effects ...”

druguser12 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 29, 2021

Safetussin DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Safetussin is a pretty safe drug. I have been suffering from a nagging cough associated with sinusitis, and it has been able to manage it. This drug is especially useful for people that respond badly to delsym due to the fact that it has 1/6 the level of cough suppressant (dxm). Overall, great choice for people who don't want to take delsym.”

Jackie · October 6, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

kacik1223 · January 9, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Horrible side effects. Felt like I was having an anxiety attack”

Larry · Taken for less than 1 month · April 19, 2021

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Had very bad anxiety during the whole night. Was confused. Heart rate was very high. Palpation was abnormal. Chest tightness. Can not sleep. Stomach upset.”

Mae · September 24, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “I had a very bad cough and stopped up nose etc. All good now”

Missglo · Taken for 10 years or more · May 30, 2012

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Very good cough medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · February 28, 2015

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “this medicine definitely reduced congestion in my nose. I had not been able to breathe out of the right nostril for several days.”

Cece · October 20, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

Anonymous · April 7, 2015

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Slight loosening of bowels”