User Reviews for Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin

Also known as: Mucinex DM, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM, Tussin DM, Robafen DM, Zyncof, Creo-Terpin, Chest Congestion Relief DM, Coricidin HBP Chest Congestion & Cough, Siltussin DM, Guaifenesin DM, Diabetic Tuss DM, DuraDEX, Mucus Relief DM, Safetussin DM, Mucosa DM, Mucinex DM Maximum Strength, Humibid CS, Cough Formula-DM, Guaifen DM, Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Phlemex, Mucinex Children's Cough, Congesta DM, Vicks DayQuil Cough & Congestion, Fenesin DM, Bidex-DMI, Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM, GG-DM SR, Humigen DM, Altarussin DM, Guiat Clear DM, Guaiasorb Cough Medicine, Bidex-DM, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough, Scot-Tussin Senior, Mucinex Fast-Max DM Max, Pecgen DMX, Duratuss DM, Guiatuss Clear, Allfen DM, PediaCare Cough & Congestion, Mucinex Children's FreeFrom Cough & Mucus, HT Tuss DM, Hydro-Tuss DM, Drituss DM, Broncotron, Rompe Pecho DM, Biospec DMX, Delsym Children’s Cough+ Chest Congestion DM, Guai-Dex, Guaifenesin DM SR, Bidex-A, Robitussin Children' s Cough & Chest Congestion DM, Extuss LA, ExeFen-DM, Siltussin DM DAS Cough Formula, Aquatab DM, DuraDEX Forte, Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion Sugar-Free DM, Guaifen DM NR, Guiadrine DX, Balminil DM + Expectorant Sugar Free, Biocotron, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough & Chest Congestion, G Bid DM, Atuss-12 DX, G-Tron, G-Zyncof, Guaibid DM Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM Maximum Strength Cofex-DM Alka-Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cough & Mucus DM Tusnel Diabetic Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Siltussin-DM DAS-NA Maximum Strength Duratuss DM 12 Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief DM Brontuss Tussi-Organidin-DM Guaifenex DM Coricidin HBP Multi-Symptom Cold (Day) Triaminic Cough & Congestion Dex-Tuss DM Fenesin DM IR Tussin DM Max Mucus Relief Cough Gani-Tuss-DM NR Guiadrine DM Fenex-DM Diabetic Tussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM Humibid DM Pediatric Ambi 1000/55 Guiatussin-DM Guiatuss DM Double-Tussin DM Amibid DM Duraganidin Genatuss DM Glycotuss-DM Benylin Expectorant Vicks Pediatric Formula 44e Cough & Chest Congestion Relief Guiacough DM Anti-Tuss DM Aquabid DM GG/DM …show all brand names

Cough   6.4
Expectoration   5.3

Reviews for Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2020

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “215 lb. male with headcold / chestcold and extreme congestion. Only used Mucinex for two days during daytime with lots of H2O. Broke all congestion loose resulting in sinus drainage and productive cough. Great stuff. Made me feel kind of "buzzy". I would not recommend mixing with other meds (e.g., Nyquil). This would likely cause adverse reactions. Very important to over hydrate when taking!”

Mara · Taken for 10 years or more November 10, 2020

For Cough: “I have taken dextromethorphan/guaifenesin for over 10 years. I have no side effects that I am aware of. My doctor knows I take. It helps my congestion and cough.”

Mr Mike · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

For Expectoration: “Took medicine and it actually helped me feel good for once since I’ve been sick with a chest cold for two weeks . So sick I couldn’t even go drinking . As far as the side affects , don’t worry people it’s not crack in a bottle it’s only cold medicine.”

susie May 1, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

129393939399393 November 5, 2014

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

HK · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2018

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “I wasn't feeling well and it was recommended that I try Musinex DM. I took one 12hr pill and started to feel better or so I thought. Half through the 12hr dose I started to have blurry vision and I could feel something covering my eye. I went to look at my eye and I had green mucus coming out of it. First it was one eye, then it was both. I thought I might have conjunctivitis (pink eye) but once I stopped taking the Musinex DM the issue went away. I will never again take this product. Just doesn't work for everyone.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2013

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

Sasha · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “While taking Mucinex DM 600mg, twice a day for 7 days, I hadn't realized why I was itching something fierce. Until my 7th day when I looked up the side effects. Absolutely nothing helped to ease the itch all over but scratching. Other than that, my congestion has eased significantly.”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”

curt October 12, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

L99 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “The expectorant “guaifenesin” is superb, and I usually take Mucinex for severe COPD issues on a regular basis. However, Mucinex-DM is not covered by my insurance, Mucinex is. With a severe cough, I was RX generic Robotussin DM. Worked very well. NOTE! I take several OTC meds regularly, and all but moisture eye drops (for me, and not RX covered) my Dr. writes a script for, and are MUCH less$$ then buying the same meds OTC. Insurance coverage including Medicaid (not sure about Medicare, check it out anyway) may save major$$ by getting a RX for OTC meds. Never hurts to ask for a RX, and it’s easier then asking your insurance company, which U can do, as long as U don’t die on hold...”

Anxietylady · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

For Expectoration: “Took an off brand mucinex around 10:00 pm, (same ingredients). I fell to sleep and woke up at 2:00am with extreme anxiety, dizziness, rapid heart rate, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, and shakiness. Will never take this medication or anything like it again. I'm glad I only took one tablet.”

Anonymous July 10, 2009

For Cough: “This medication is only slightly less effective than codeine or hydrocodone, in treating cough and has fewer side effects than both. The only negatives are the frequent required dosing and the unpleasant taste from these products.”

Jackie October 6, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

Mae September 24, 2018

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “I had a very bad cough and stopped up nose etc. All good now”

kacik1223 January 9, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Horrible side effects. Felt like I was having an anxiety attack”

Missglo · Taken for 10 years or more May 30, 2012

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Very good cough medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2015

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “this medicine definitely reduced congestion in my nose. I had not been able to breathe out of the right nostril for several days.”

Cece October 20, 2019

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

Anonymous April 7, 2015

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “Slight loosening of bowels”

barb September 25, 2019

Delsym Cough+ Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Great and effective medication. Taste is awful but it does the job.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2016

Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Inflames BPH prostate enlargement,raises blood pressure about 20%”

Colex December 4, 2017

Mucinex DM Maximum Strength (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Expectoration: “Taste was terrible and gave me a really bad after taste that I could don't get rid of. It also made we really nauseous. I would not use it again.”

Hellabor789 January 18, 2018

For Cough: “I took 2 tablets. Definitely dried me out. I did not get 12 hours of rest as I was up chugging water all night and suffered a bloody nose to boot. Will never use this product again.”

Kita32 March 5, 2009

Duratuss DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin) for Cough: “This medication has a lot of side effects and it is gross. It did not help with my symptoms at all partly because I could not get over the taste, and it produces really bad headaches.”